thye Common announces

eFestivals

2 hours ago, _daveyboy said:

Bearded Kitten shared Glastonbury Festival (official)'s photo.

"We've very happy to announce that the below acts will be joining us at The Temple on Sunday at Glasto this year:

Ben UFO B2B Job Jobse
Midland B2B Palms Trax
Banoffee Pies Records
& more to be announced!

(... and there is the small matter of our TOMATO FIGHT & UV PAINT FIGHT!!!)"

Immediate worry is how is it physically possible to make it down from Grimes @ JP in time for this. First real clash conundrum. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, chestwig said:

I never got in the temple last year, always massive line. What's it actually like inside?

looks great from the outside. Did Aphx play a secret gig there once?

I queued last year, doesn't take anywhere near as long as it looks. 

Wasn't dissapointed at all, thought it was brilliant. Had to leave to go to the toilet though and didn't want to get in the queue again which is a big downside, unless there's secret toilets i'm unaware of?

21 minutes ago, J1990 said:

I queued last year, doesn't take anywhere near as long as it looks. 

Wasn't dissapointed at all, thought it was brilliant. Had to leave to go to the toilet though and didn't want to get in the queue again which is a big downside, unless there's secret toilets i'm unaware of?

Great. I'll take my Lenor fabric softener bottle with me :-)

32 minutes ago, chestwig said:

I never got in the temple last year, always massive line. What's it actually like inside?

looks great from the outside. Did Aphx play a secret gig there once?

I actually wasn't massively impressed with the inside tbh. The tiered parts just make it awkward and the main dance floor was an absolute swamp. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I never really got on with Coldcut's Journeys By DJ, but yeah, they have been good live on the odd occasion I've seen 'em.

You're shitting me? In all the years i've been talking to you, that's the first bum note you've played. Your hitherto impeccable music taste has taken a body blow here. I'm flabbergasted. Would have bet my life in would have bern right up your strasse

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno. Maybe cos I first heard it about 8 or 9 years after release and at that point it didn't live up to my hyped up vision of what it should be.

Got it on my iPod though. Will give it another crack.

Ah, fair enough. I wore my tape out of it when it was first released. Blew my tiny teenage mind. Not sure I've listened to it for about 15 years though

33 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Ah, fair enough. I wore my tape out of it when it was first released. Blew my tiny teenage mind. Not sure I've listened to it for about 15 years though

I put it on every few years and, while it's by no means bad music, it just doesn't seem as diverse / eclectic - or even "mad" - as it's cracked up to be, especially when compared to things like David Holmes' Essential Mix where you have artists like Briggite Bardot and Amanda Shankar thrown into the mix.

7 hours ago, chestwig said:

We've been in there for the uv paint party for the last two years and it's bedlam!

Its a big circular floor and then tiered platforms all the way up the side, a big like the old fashioned stadiums! 

The floor does get muddy. Especially after the tomato fight on Sunday afternoon and after rain, the tiered platforms get full and there is a lot of shoving up there when people want all of their friends together.  

It's worth a tootle into but I've never stayed longer than an hour as it gets a little too shovey for my liking! 

Spoke to Midland in Sheffield last Friday and he confirmed The Temple on Sunday - his new EP is pretty great, this especially 

Edit: just seen we already knew this information :rolleyes:

Edited by dannygrif

10 minutes ago, dannygrif said:

Spoke to Midland in Sheffield last Friday and he confirmed The Temple on Sunday - his new EP is pretty great, this especially 

Edit: just seen we already knew this information :rolleyes:

We knew this but didn't know it was Sunday, IMAGINE he's that 02:00-05:00 slot on sunday/Monday morning, I can't think of a better way to end the festival 

regardless, il be heading for that temple after headliner, which is likely to be EW&F on WH so a nice short walk 

Best stage line up yet for me so far (although to be fair there haven't been many). Can't wait for Congo Natty's dub set. His Jungle Revolution in Dub is a cracker. Straight after My Nu Leng would be perfect.

I know there's not too many DnB fans around here, but that lineup is outrageous as well. Fair play to whoever booked this lot.

• 11 months later...

I don't know how to quote across threads but page 101 of the Glastocam convo includes info that the Common [EDIT - the temple] is almost tripling in size. This is great news for me, I've always wanted to go in but there's been a queue to get at the time.

The only things I queue for at the festival are a shit and a katsu curry.

Edited by Tommy101
foolishness worthy of Mr T's disdain