Kasabian Leicester Stadium Gig

kingcrawler

I though the King Power wasn't safe for gigs?

Word fro my Leicester mates is that they (compared to other newer stadiums) went for a cheaper option on the build, which meant it's not certified for gigs where everyone might jump up and down in unison - which is why the last Kasabian 'home' show was in a park and not the stadium, cos they wanted that one at the stadium.

Have the footie club had the stands strengthened? :blink:

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I though the King Power wasn't safe for gigs?

Word fro my Leicester mates is that they (compared to other newer stadiums) went for a cheaper option on the build, which meant it's not certified for gigs where everyone might jump up and down in unison - which is why the last Kasabian 'home' show was in a park and not the stadium, cos they wanted that one at the stadium.

Have the footie club had the stands strengthened? :blink:

I thought the same. Stuff has happened over the road at the Tigers stadium but never at King Power for that reason i imagine. 

This will sell out immediately. All over my Facebook feed last night. Mandatory for Leicester folk to like Kasabian (count myself out of that being in the shire rather than city :)). 

10 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

I'm surprised they aren't doing bigger places than this, or at least more than one night there. Maybe they're saving demand for next year

The Etihad would've been an odd place to celebrate Leicester's season.

edit: also you spoke too soon. Second date added.

Edited by dentalplan

8 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Kasabian profiting off the football league shocker. 

Oh come off it!!! Its brilliant, they are fans celebrating with other fans. If it was West Ham and they had a decent band who were well known supporters, I'd be all for a celebratory gig at the ground!!

1 hour ago, LondonTom said:

Oh come off it!!! Its brilliant, they are fans celebrating with other fans. If it was West Ham and they had a decent band who were well known supporters, I'd be all for a celebratory gig at the ground!!

It'd probably be Iron Maiden. Are you still for it? :P

7 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Yeah it was maybe a bit harsh, its definately a once in a lifetime achievement.