Spliffs at Glastonbury

Sawdusty surfer

Don't remember ever being searched at Glastonbury, but our car was pulled into the police search tent at V2002. Three of us in the car, none of us users (to the best of my knowledge) and the car was rammed. Seem to remember they had a cursory look through the boot and searched each of us but seemed to come to the conclusion quite quickly that we didn't have anything.

I've certainly seen a number of vehicles headed to Glastonbury pulled over en route, but I suspect you'd have to be quite unlucky to be caught.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Couchy said:

Put it in the middle of your tent in its bag, no security gaurd can be arsed to pull it out & expect you to put it back again in those queues

Gonna contradict you there mate, my "friend" had his stash in his tent. It was taken out and confiscated.

Edited by stixmcvix
typo

2 minutes ago, stixmcvix said:

Gonna contradict you there mate, my "friend" had his stash in his tent. It was taken out and confiscated.

Wow! Ok, it's just that's how I smuggled a litre of gin into Global's campsite.

The tent bag was at bursting seams with that inside too.

Edited by Couchy

the year I was kicked out for 5 hours after losing my wrist band, some poor kid, must have only been 18 was trying to get back in to the festival, he had been caught trying to get in with some gear.(how much I don;t know) he had been arrested and taken down the nick. once let out he was trying to get back in. he even had a note from the duty sergeant saying he was a good lad just got led astray. I shit you not he showed me the note. he was let back in.

Only time I've ever been searched in 9 years was 2011 and we had gone back to the car for a beer run so when we came back in it was quiet so they searched our bags. He said to us if you have anything just put in in the box, it was a shoe box sized box with a whole on the top. He tipped it towards us and I had a peek inside, was pretty full of a mixture of stuff. We told him we had nothing and was halfway through going through our bags when a smell of weed came from somewhere. He looked up but there was no one around us and was asking us where the smell was coming from and around the corner came a couple of people with a spliff on the go. He dropped are bag and ran off towards the other couple, we just walked in.

Never been pulled over by the police but have previously driven a Picasso so probably look fairly normal. This year we have a green skoda with 2 Glastonbury car park tickets in the window so will probably get pulled over every 10 miles

1 minute ago, Couchy said:

Wow! Ok, it's just that's how I smuggled a litre of gin into Global's campsite.

The tent bag was at bursting seams with that inside too.

Reckon its luck of the drawer at the end of the day. Think some security people like the challenge of trying to find something, whilst others really can't be bothered or just want people to be on the way to enjoy the festival. Statistically though, if its WELL hidden, its less likely to be confiscated I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Only time I've ever been searched in 9 years was 2011 and we had gone back to the car for a beer run so when we came back in it was quiet so they searched our bags. He said to us if you have anything just put in in the box, it was a shoe box sized box with a whole on the top. He tipped it towards us and I had a peek inside, was pretty full of a mixture of stuff. We told him we had nothing and was halfway through going through our bags when a smell of weed came from somewhere. He looked up but there was no one around us and was asking us where the smell was coming from and around the corner came a couple of people with a spliff on the go. He dropped are bag and ran off towards the other couple, we just walked in.

Tell me you took the shoebox with you

We got stopped and had our bags searched on the way in from east camper fields last year on Friday morning.

Chap was friendly enough, nothing caught his attention and he let us get on our way.

Whilst chatting though it did puzzle me when I asked if he had much time to enjoy the festival to which he replied "doesn't remotely interest me, I'm just here to earn some money"

Each to their own n all that but it left me thinking what a boring bastard he was as I walked away with my green in my pants :lol:

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Tell me you took the shoebox with you

Working recycling a few years ago at an unnamed festival some of our team managed to swap out the police's glass amnesty bin with an identical empty twice before they clocked on it was a new one. That was one spirit filled weekend :ph34r:

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

We got stopped and had our bags searched on the way in from east camper fields last year on Friday morning.

Chap was friendly enough, nothing caught his attention and he let us get on our way.

Whilst chatting though it did puzzle me when I asked if he had much time to enjoy the festival to which he replied "doesn't remotely interest me, I'm just here to earn some money"

Each to their own n all that but it left me thinking what a boring bastard he was as I walked away with my green in my pants :lol:

I'd be paranoid about taking green in in my boxers, I suppose it's only a problem if there's sniffer dogs

I will be renting out my arse again this year. £10er a go, meet outside the gate, wrap it up, initial it (I used colour coded stickers last time to help differentiate), ram it up there and I'll rendezvous again once safely inside the fence. Just give me a shout if interested.  

Made £290 last year in one trip, paid for my festival.

Wow.  I've never seen a search at Glastonbury other than on the road coming in. One event that sticks in my mind from a few years back was watching a group snorting lines in full view of some official looking bods and no one saying a word and then half an hour later watched a man get told to put his fag out in the acoustic tent or leave! How times have changed...

I drive down the coast from Sussex thru Hampshire, then up through the tiniest bit of Wiltshire (approx ten miles out of a 150 mile journey) before Somerset. I've only ever been stopped by the Wiltshire police, of course! They made us pull over, and gave us a sheet of paper which essentially stated "give us your drugs now, or we'll search you - and if we search you and find something we're locking you up for the weekend"

lovely. Thanks lads. So we handed over our lovely little stash of hash cookies, delightfully baked by me the night before, and my missus took the Official Warning. The car behind us was getting searched and they were opening and going through absolutely everything. Socks, turnups, pockets, inside sandwiches, the bloody lot. I felt very sorry for the three incumbents of that car. 

Nowadays I have absolutely zero interest in taking or doing any drugs, and I really don't want the rigmarole of having them leaf thru my bits for an hour or two. So the lesson learnt here is don't put your car sticker up til you're in the queue for the car park! 

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I drive down the coast from Sussex thru Hampshire, then up through the tiniest bit of Wiltshire (approx ten miles out of a 150 mile journey) before Somerset. I've only ever been stopped by the Wiltshire police, of course! They made us pull over, and gave us a sheet of paper which essentially stated "give us your drugs now, or we'll search you - and if we search you and find something we're locking you up for the weekend"

lovely. Thanks lads. So we handed over our lovely little stash of hash cookies, delightfully baked by me the night before, and my missus took the Official Warning. The car behind us was getting searched and they were opening and going through absolutely everything. Socks, turnups, pockets, inside sandwiches, the bloody lot. I felt very sorry for the three incumbents of that car. 

Nowadays I have absolutely zero interest in taking or doing any drugs, and I really don't want the rigmarole of having them leaf thru my bits for an hour or two. So the lesson learnt here is don't put your car sticker up til you're in the queue for the car park! 

What absolute bastards.

Was stripped search at IOW in 2008, walked passed a copper and he said I looked like I was trying to avoid him, so took me to the police tent and was searched. Had nothing on me, or had I'd taken anything, it was about 10:30 in the morning! Only time I've ever been searched at a festival. 

Edited by calcium_kid

14 minutes ago, calcium_kid said:

Was stripped search at IOW in 2008, walked passed a copper and he said I looked like I was trying to avoid him, so took me to the police tent and was searched. Had nothing on me, or had I'd taken anything, it was about 10:30 in the morning! Only time I've ever been searched at a festival. 

Surely that's got to be some form of sexual harassment 

8 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Surely that's got to be some form of sexual harassment 

Was only 18 at the time, and being quite a shy and timid person I never questioned it. To this day I still wonder if that was an actual legal grounds to search someone like that. 

Got searched at Sonisphere a few years back.

Got the shuttle bus into Stevenage, and in my inebriated state I stupidly wandered into the queue for the bus back to the festival where they had sniffer dogs. I didn't have to take my shoes off, but they did poke around between my ballsack and my leg :blink: 

5 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

I will be renting out my arse again this year. £10er a go, meet outside the gate, wrap it up, initial it (I used colour coded stickers last time to help differentiate), ram it up there and I'll rendezvous again once safely inside the fence. Just give me a shout if interested.  

Made £290 last year in one trip, paid for my festival.

Interested in your services. Which gate should I meet you at and when?

the-kraken-black-spiced-rum.jpg