Epic Journeys - How far have you/ would you travel to Worthy Farm?

drchickenburger

Totally buzzing about this year's festival, not however about getting there.

My Tuesday travel plans include a 12 hour flight, 3 hours back "home" to meet up with my mates, 4 hours drive down to Glasto and then a quick nap in the queue.

Anyone done anything similar with advice so I don't flake out and end up sleeping it off all festival?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, drchickenburger said:

Totally buzzing about this year's festival, not however about getting there.

My Tuesday travel plans include a 12 hour flight, 3 hours back "home" to meet up with my mates, 4 hours drive down to Glasto and then a quick nap in the queue.

Anyone done anything similar with advice so I don't flake out and end up sleeping it off all festival?

That's pretty crazy! Good on ya. Have an amazing time! 

We're driving to Glasto from The Netherlands for two years now! It's like a seven hour drive, but it's worth every second :D

In 2014 we left home friday at 2;00 am (we had some business to attend to at thursday night), but last year we left thursday early in the morning and we will be doing the same this year (which means we will be at the festival at like 3pm)

1 minute ago, Primalcrux said:

We're driving to Glasto from The Netherlands for two years now! It's like a seven hour drive, but it's worth every second :D

In 2014 we left home friday at 2;00 am (we had some business to attend to at thursday night), but last year we left thursday early in the morning and we will be doing the same this year (which means we will be at the festival at like 3pm)

Seven hours isn't too bad though. Going to take us roughly the same amount of time to get there from Glasgow 

7 minutes ago, Primalcrux said:

Driving from Holland ey. Fingers crossed I am camping close to you then haha

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Are you driving down Swedge?

Yeah driving down this year. Last year I got the train (well three trains) cause it was just me and the missus coming down on the Thursday but this year there's a few of us heading down on the Wednesday. Planning on hiring a car, dropping it at Bristol Airport then getting a taxi from there to the site. A few of my mates did that last year and said it was pretty painless. 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah driving down this year. Last year I got the train (well three trains) cause it was just me and the missus coming down on the Thursday but this year there's a few of us heading down on the Wednesday. Planning on hiring a car, dropping it at Bristol Airport then getting a taxi from there to the site. A few of my mates did that last year and said it was pretty painless. 

I had considered driving, but we'd probably be struggling for a driver on the way home, the coach isn't horrific, well I imagine it could be if you couldn't get to sleep 

Our group is going various ways this year, couple are flying to Bristol, which is probably best but need to pack light, couple going via Birmingham leaving the car there, and us on the coach. 

The way down overnight is good, get to sleep and wake up and you're pretty much there

Driving from Burnley, Tuesday afternoon will take 4 hours give or take. staying over in Wells and it's only 15 minutes from Wells Wednesday morning

boom , I have to make a stop on route and pick up a scouse c**t, but he makes the journey go faster . the festival wouldn't be the same without my scouse mate

Depends on your passion I guess and your monetary resources. Im looking at going to burning man one year when I get the funds in order and thats a hell of a long journey all the way to Nevada from London! It all depends on funds-would I travel from overseas to get to glastonbury if it was not a question of money being tight? hell yes! Would I be able to afford the flight? Maybe! 

17 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I had considered driving, but we'd probably be struggling for a driver on the way home, the coach isn't horrific, well I imagine it could be if you couldn't get to sleep 

Our group is going various ways this year, couple are flying to Bristol, which is probably best but need to pack light, couple going via Birmingham leaving the car there, and us on the coach. 

The way down overnight is good, get to sleep and wake up and you're pretty much there

I'm coaching it from Glasgow for the first time this year. Leaves at 11pm on the Tuesday so I'm going to work that day and hope that means I'll sleep easy on the way down.

19 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

@The Nal its handy from it's the only Boat from Belfast to Liverpool otherwise i'd have to drive from scotland or drive down to Dublin or Rosslare.

We get a good sleep on the overnight boat and arrive for 6.30am in Birkenhead. Normally set up by noon wednesday

Aha that makes sense.

Although Dublin to Holyhead on the Tuesday afternoon, a kip in Glasto town Tuesday night and then in is better!