Epic Journeys - How far have you/ would you travel to Worthy Farm?

drchickenburger

Well, I doff my hat to all of you making an epic journey. If I lived in Australia I would still potentially come, but of course it would be part of a longer holiday. But in short, there's no distance I wouldn't travel to attend.

These days though I can leave work at 5:30 and be cracking the first beer on site before 8!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5-10 minutes walk into town to catch the coach for a 3 and half hour trip from Basildon Essex, easier and quicker than going into London and back out again. Coach takes us right round the M25 (quicker anti-clockwise avoid dartford crossing) but 2014 the driver went round the other way and we got stuck in the lovely dartford crossing traffic.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Well, I doff my hat to all of you making an epic journey. If I lived in Australia I would still potentially come, but of course it would be part of a longer holiday. But in short, there's no distance I wouldn't travel to attend.

These days though I can leave work at 5:30 and be cracking the first beer on site before 8!

I came back one year for Glastonbury while living n New Zealand. It wasn't just Glastonbury, I came back for a month and caught up with friends and family all over the country too. 

3 hours ago, MoilyX said:

If you want a better store for camping equipment than Lilywhite's then it's worth a trip to Surrey Quays or Wandsworth to go to Decathlon (www.decathlon.co.uk). Much bigger range, great quality gear and cheap as chips.

ETA: Also Go Outdoors (www.gooutdoors.co.uk) at Colindale

Thanks!!

I'll have that one in mind. Lillywhite's has always been good enough, and has good prices too. At least for what we've been able to see. But I'll definitely check into these.

15-20 minutes for me. 

Intend on having breakfast at Jon Thorner's opposite the entrance to the east camper fields enterence this year on the Tuesday before heading in.

Should split up the journey!

Sorry :ph34r:

Need to add that I salute you long distance travellers! 

Edited by JoeyT

Two of my friends who now live abroad annually come back for the festival.

one mate is coming back for two weeks he's coming over from Boston in USA and my other mate is literally flying in for the festival, on the Tuesday from Singapore then heading back the following Tuesday.

An eight hour flight, followed by an eleven hour flight, then a 90 minute train journey to my parent's place, all starting from Melbourne. Spend a couple of days there, then it's a short taxi ride to the drop-off point. That was my journey in 2015, and will hopefully be again next year. I remember getting back last year and seriously questioning whether I wanted to do that again - it's exhausting. That feeling lasted 24-48 hours.

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I'm coming from New Zealand, you couldn't get much further away unless you left the planet :D

Booking flights today it will be at least 30hrs, (travelling at the start of June though, ought to see the fam I s'pose) then coach from Birmingham.

I'll be doing the same journey from New Zealand this year. :)

missed Glasto last year and vowed not to miss it this year. Also not a bad trip to see the euros at a reasonable time of day. 

15 hours ago, little_jim said:

5-10 minutes walk into town to catch the coach for a 3 and half hour trip from Basildon Essex, easier and quicker than going into London and back out again. Coach takes us right round the M25 (quicker anti-clockwise avoid dartford crossing) but 2014 the driver went round the other way and we got stuck in the lovely dartford crossing traffic.

Basildon boys gon' drop some lyrics.

Can I just register how impressed I am with you all coming from all over the globe.  Kudos.

20 hours ago, Heather90 said:

This sounds like an incredible trip! Leeds is a great city too. I went  to university 8 years ago and just stayed after. If you get any time then check out the royal armouries (it's free) and white locks ale house, oldest pub (sadly not free). I'll  be on the 2.30 am national express coach

As a Sheffielder, I'd like to set the record straight.  Leeds is filthy armpit of a place.  Always will be.  ;)