Ticket Competitions

cb4747

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Katir said:

Could it be that's where EE are on site each year?

Nope. They're nowhere near the pyramid. I like they're picking the landmark spots. It takes a little while to work out where bits are based on the basic track info they've reproduced but it can be done with a little knowledge of the site. I'm a bit more confident now.

1 minute ago, Mandroman said:

Nope. They're nowhere near the pyramid. I like they're picking the landmark spots. It takes a little while to work out where bits are based on the basic track info they've reproduced but it can be done with a little knowledge of the site. I'm a bit more confident now.

They didn't do landmark sites last year though, which is what made me assume random entries. It's pretty weird that both squares this year have contained notable stages, so that is making it look like they've changed it this year. If they have, then you might feel better about getting the square right but odds in the draw after are going to take a knock!

1 minute ago, emilyboris said:

They didn't do landmark sites last year though, which is what made me assume random entries. It's pretty weird that both squares this year have contained notable stages, so that is making it look like they've changed it this year. If they have, then you might feel better about getting the square right but odds in the draw after are going to take a knock!

The odds will only lengthen if the wider public grasp that they're possibly choosing stages.  And it still takes a bit of head scratching to get them and a lot of entrants probably won't bother to waste time doing the research.

Just now, Mandroman said:

The odds will only lengthen if the wider public grasp that they're possibly choosing stages.  And it still takes a bit of head scratching to get them and a lot of entrants probably won't bother to waste time doing the research.

They'd lengthen by a lot if that happened, yeah, but there are plenty of people on here entering, and I'd assume other people who are keen and would take the minute or two to compare the grid to the map. I'm not saying you'll suddenly be 1 of 500, but at the moment the draw is between 10ish people, which I'd expect to rise to at least 30-40? Optimistically

13 minutes ago, Starchild771 said:

L7 is closer to the pyramid than L8 I think

I'm not so sure, L8 has the road running through it, which the pyramid is backed against. L7 seems a little too high when you compare it on the map. Bit difficult to tell though, I almost fell asleep trying to compare them just now, zoned out completely.

2 minutes ago, Michaelgball said:

I picked L8 as the pyramid stage but the other guy got it... He entered using several accounts which is pretty frustrating

Did you tweet EE and tell them that? It's definitely worth it if he's cheating then he should get disqualified! I hate cheaters

Just now, Lucy92 said:

Did you tweet EE and tell them that? It's definitely worth it if he's cheating then he should get disqualified! I hate cheaters

I replied to their winning tweet yes.. I doubt they will change that though. The guy opened up the account 2 days ago and has 5 followers including EE.

Just now, Michaelgball said:

I replied to their winning tweet yes.. I doubt they will change that though. The guy opened up the account 2 days ago and has 5 followers including EE.

He can do that. It's only if he already has one and entered from that too that it becomes invalid. People do just sign up to twitter to enter comps 

1 minute ago, Michaelgball said:

Saw this! Appears to be a woman, given the selfie, but it is pretty weird that they only opened it for this comp. Having said that, some people do just open a twitter account to enter competitions if they see a good enough one (and EE would be emailing this to their customers), and that'd still be a valid entry if it was their first (and only) account

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

so I see the ee winners accounts all look weird. Shame! Hope one of us wins! I've had my hired bikes stolen in nice so I've said goodbye to my£300 deposit. Need some good luck to cheer me up haha

Oh god that's awful! I'm still trying to get over my awful luck with this id feel happier if he didn't get it right twice in a row!!!!

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

so I see the ee winners accounts all look weird. Shame! Hope one of us wins! I've had my hired bikes stolen in nice so I've said goodbye to my£300 deposit. Need some good luck to cheer me up haha

No! Ugh that's so horrible. Hope you get something sorted with it, I know it's probably unlikely they'll reappear :(

Just now, cb4747 said:

Where's today's ee map thing? I can't find the tweet

They haven't actually tweeted one yet. I think if you reply to any of the maps within the timeframe you'll still be entered, but it's pretty lazy of them to forget. 

Saw this! Appears to be a woman, given the selfie, but it is pretty weird that they only opened it for this comp. Having said that, some people do just open a twitter account to enter competitions if they see a good enough one (and EE would be emailing this to their customers), and that'd still be a valid entry if it was their first (and only) account

I  open up accounts to enter competitions - I rarely use social media otherwise.

No! Ugh that's so horrible. Hope you get something sorted with it, I know it's probably unlikely they'll reappear :(

They haven't actually tweeted one yet. I think if you reply to any of the maps within the timeframe you'll still be entered, but it's pretty lazy of them to forget. 

Ahh ok I'll tweet anyway. Yep well we planned to cycle to the airport to return them. Just ended up walking 5 miles which took so long and nearly missed our check in time. Actually just want to come home now. So so ridiculous who steals bikes which were LOCKED up to a bloody iron rail. GRR.