Ticket Competitions

cb4747

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Starchild771 said:

It's possible that they may have got a ticket in the secret resales anyway.

Hope so. It would be horrible to have missed out by not checking emails.

Part of me is hoping for a redraw..another part of me is feeling sorry for the current winner...the last part is checking my inbox/junk over and over again hoping I haven't missed something :unsure:

Edited by Wrex

20 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Oh that's really sad for the person who won! They're going to become compulsive email checkers after this!!!! 

16 hours ago, Starchild771 said:

It's possible that they may have got a ticket in the secret resales anyway.

Nah.

It appears to be the case that numptie didn't read the competition T&C's, and has no interest in Glastonbury - because they didn't have reg numbers.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Nah.

It appears to be the case that numptie didn't read the competition T&C's, and has no interest in Glastonbury - because they didn't have reg numbers.

In that case I feel a bit better for them!!! Why enter a competition if you don't want to win it!!!!! Gaaaaahhhh :blink:

Sorry to post on this thread but I know you're all the same lovelies who've been my forum friends on the Secret Sales thread!  I just can't get that thread to load and I got a couple of alerts from siblin at 3am!  Presumably just a robot at See Tickets messing around with the page?

5 minutes ago, Tessar said:

Sorry to post on this thread but I know you're all the same lovelies who've been my forum friends on the Secret Sales thread!  I just can't get that thread to load and I got a couple of alerts from siblin at 3am!  Presumably just a robot at See Tickets messing around with the page?

Yeah nothing of note happening 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Nah.

You get a lot of people who enter competitions as a hobby and will enter anything and everything they see. They can enter dozens a day and probably don't bother wasting time reading T&Cs. The worst thing is had they actually won tickets they'd most likely be disappointed to find they'd have a hard time selling them on. 

Numpties. 

Good thing is at least it is going to be re drawn and hopefully this time it will be a suitable winner who really wants to go.

It also shows the benefit of the registration process which has been a great success at keeping touts out and profiteering on Glastonbury tickets. Hope winners for all competitions have to be registered for festival it will hopefully mean more winners from here.

I've entered a few competitions without any luck, my wife has entered the design the Glasto "no pee" logo competition as well so we're pinning our hopes on that.

I have warned that I will be seriously disappointed if she doesn't win and could be grounds for divorce due to the mental cruelty that this is causing me!!

1 hour ago, Blannyboy said:

I've entered a few competitions without any luck, my wife has entered the design the Glasto "no pee" logo competition as well so we're pinning our hopes on that.

I have warned that I will be seriously disappointed if she doesn't win and could be grounds for divorce due to the mental cruelty that this is causing me!!

Sorry but I think they picked the winner for the logo design already! Still some competitions that haven't finished yet though, all hope is not lost :)

3 hours ago, musky said:

You get a lot of people who enter competitions as a hobby and will enter anything and everything they see. They can enter dozens a day and probably don't bother wasting time reading T&Cs. The worst thing is had they actually won tickets they'd most likely be disappointed to find they'd have a hard time selling them on. 

Numpties. 

I see this all too often in the comping world! I am a terms and conditions fiend and read them for every competition I enter, and rarely enter competitions for things I don't want or need. It a shame that the person didn't read it properly in this case, it's not like they weren't obvious! 

4 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Fingers crossed the redraw is for one of us desperate sods haha! And there's a few ones drawing this week also so really hoping someone on here wins! 

Im really hoping you get one! Your effort and kind words for others has been awesome to see

Just now, Jackomanaco said:

Im really hoping you get one! Your effort and kind words for others has been awesome to see

I hope so too! Thank you. Even if sharing these competitions, links and info reduces my odds of winning it's definitely worth it if someone else on efestivals wins at least. 

I would say it's ok because at least I can watch it on tv but I don't have tv :rofl: I'll be there in spirit either way!

20 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I hope so too! Thank you. Even if sharing these competitions, links and info reduces my odds of winning it's definitely worth it if someone else on efestivals wins at least. 

I would say it's ok because at least I can watch it on tv but I don't have tv :rofl: I'll be there in spirit either way!

You do not have a TV?! Granted I don't watch TV all that much but I do still have one. I thought everybody had a TV these days.

P.S. I hope you win a ticket :-)

Edited by djdavejohnson

6 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

You do not have a TV?! Granted I don't watch TV all that much but I do still have one. I thought everybody had a TV these days.

P.S. I hope you win a ticket :)

We just don't have time for tv! We both work full time, have 2 dogs, a vegetable garden and a house which were renovating. I do feel a bit left out when people talk about what they've seen on tv!

and thank you :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

We just don't have time for tv! We both work full time, have 2 dogs, a vegetable garden and a house which were renovating. I do feel a bit left out when people talk about what they've seen on tv!

and thank you :rolleyes:

Ah fair enough that must keep you busy! TV's overrated anyway - I much prefer sticking some music on. Although I am into sport (which is what I'm generally watching if the TV is on) so wouldn't be able to part with it completely!

2 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Ah fair enough that must keep you busy! TV's overrated anyway - I much prefer sticking some music on. Although I am into sport (which is what I'm generally watching if the TV is on) so wouldn't be able to part with it completely!

Yes we tend to have the radio on in the background most days. That's understandable! I've been blessed with a partner who isn't into sport or gaming! 

Someone suggested to me on another thread to have my own Glastonbury in my garden, well that has become a reality. We spent today digging up the garden ready for new turf next weekend, we've had a few hours of rain now and definitely have a Glastonbury-esque mud situation going on.