Silver Hayes Lineup

pastorofmuppets

1 minute ago, Junglist1981 said:

We saw him in Bristol the other year, played loads of classic hip hop and then loads of Gangstarr. His selection is good, and he's good at hyping the crowd, but technically he's no Jazzy Jeff. 

Worth seeing for the 20 Gangstarr classics he'll play b2b

And he'll definitely play In Memory Of with shouts to Prince, David Bowie, Phife Dawg, Guru and Big L into Full Clip. Imagine that'll go off!

Glorious

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not posted round these forums for a while but had to break out after this line up....

Are any other house and techno lovers not absolutely disappointed at this??? This will be my 8th Glastonbury and i think its the worst year yet for house & techno in SH. I can see maybe 3 or 4 (Maceo Plex, Leon Vynehall, Eats, Bashmore) and thats pretty much it on that whole line up. Eats & Bashmore are pretty much residents anyway. Where are the BIG guns? How can we go from having a whole host with Circoloco (the last couple years) folk like Richie Hawtin, Loco Dice, Maya Jane Coles etc to basically nothing. I mean you look at say the Parklife line up and its staggering how much Glastonbury misses out.

Really hoping there's something going on and all the house and techno is in the SE corner. It all mostly was anyway but its gonna have to really deliver to make up for that pathetic Silver Hayes line up. People might disagree with me which is fair enough. Its a forum. Folk disagree but just wanted to express my disappointment somewhere. Glastonbury is amazing no matter what i suppose but still.....

32 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Saw Sultan of the Disco on Sunday night at Pussy Parlure in 2014. South Korean disco/funk band who played the Ghostbusters theme. They were hilarious, and were the first name I searched for when the full lineup came out last year. Go see them.

5 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Not posted round these forums for a while but had to break out after this line up....

Are any other house and techno lovers not absolutely disappointed at this??? This will be my 8th Glastonbury and i think its the worst year yet for house & techno in SH. I can see maybe 3 or 4 (Maceo Plex, Leon Vynehall, Eats, Bashmore) and thats pretty much it on that whole line up. Eats & Bashmore are pretty much residents anyway. Where are the BIG guns? How can we go from having a whole host with Circoloco (the last couple years) folk like Richie Hawtin, Loco Dice, Maya Jane Coles etc to basically nothing. I mean you look at say the Parklife line up and its staggering how much Glastonbury misses out.

Really hoping there's something going on and all the house and techno is in the SE corner. It all mostly was anyway but its gonna have to really deliver to make up for that pathetic Silver Hayes line up. People might disagree with me which is fair enough. Its a forum. Folk disagree but just wanted to express my disappointment somewhere. Glastonbury is amazing no matter what i suppose but still.....

I am always a big champion of more techno at Glastonbury... but this sentence should help...

CARL COX GLADE FRIDAY NIGHT

6 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

there is no good venue in SH for techno really, so I'm not that bothered.

I think from a house/techno perspective, yeah, it's pretty shit. it's a bit daft for them to call it the dance/electronic area when there's far more grime/garage/reggae there.

there's a few more than the ones you listed though, Tensnake, Will Saul, Bicep, Fatima Yamaha, Four Tet.

but yeah, it's not great at all for house or especially techno.

7 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

I'm hearing you. But almost relieved when big names aren't announced as I'd rather not spend to much time in Silver Hayes... 

Hoping for more in the beat hotel, se corner line ups. Does seem to be the same names each year somewhat though.  

9 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

I cant say I'm not disappointed by the lack of big names, but there's enough on there to keep me interested. It seems SH is getting a lot more diverse/cheaper acts. These Techno DJs are commanding big fees now and I reckon SH just cant afford them. I think a lot of the bigger DJs are booked for the festival purely on the fact they enjoy it. 

Fingers crossed for strong DJ line-ups from beat hotel, arcadia and the SE corner. 

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

is he playing a techno set? most of his recent sets i've heard have been full of house, with lots of cheesey shit in there too.

Personally I think in the Glade it will be more techno. If he was in the Silver Hayes I would have said more house.

Looking forward to seeing the Glade line up.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I am always a big champion of more techno at Glastonbury... but this sentence should help...

CARL COX GLADE FRIDAY NIGHT

Oh for sure and Bez's acid house i believe? Last year though we had Fancuilli and Jon Rundell on at the same time as Circoloco and J.E.S.U.S. on the Thursday. What a choice that was but it was choice. This year theres seems to be none of that so far.

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there is no good venue in SH for techno really, so I'm not that bothered.

I think from a house/techno perspective, yeah, it's pretty shit. it's a bit daft for them to call it the dance/electronic area when there's far more grime/garage/reggae there.

there's a few more than the ones you listed though, Tensnake, Will Saul, Bicep, Fatima Yamaha, Four Tet.

but yeah, it's not great at all for house or especially techno.

Yeah SH is pretty poor has to be said. The WOW tent usually always has great line ups but that tent the last few years (when the BIG guns are on) is basically a no go. Its too rammed and not enjoyable in the slightest. You're totally right it seems an absolute grime/reggae/garage lovers dream. Why does Glastonbury cater for that so much when house and techno is far more popular to people.

17 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

I was slightly hoping for klock and dettman but will see.