SE Corner

PKD

4 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I've only really had that experience in Shangri La, which is why I go there on the Thursday. Occasionally Block 9 can get a bit like that cos it's such a bottleneck but I've certainnly never found the Common to be too bad. The Common and Glasto Latino are the way forward. Glasto Latino is sick af.

Never really spent any time in the Unfairground, will be sure to check it out more this year.

The Common and Glasto Latino it is! i'm always so torn between which area to visit that i just end up wandering aimlessly and end up doing fuck all. just gonna have to choose an area each night and stick with it

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Common and Glasto Latino it is! i'm always so torn between which area to visit that i just end up wandering aimlessly and end up doing fuck all. just gonna have to choose an area each night and stick with it

I think I'm going to aim for that this year, last year I was wandering around looking for somewhere without a queue and definitely wasted more time that if I queued for somewhere good.

Best night  part of the SE corner for me last year for was probably DJ Pierre in the downlow on Thursday which I had to queue for but well worth it!

Think The Common was my favourite bit of the Naughty Corner last year.  Cave, Temple, Rum Shack were all awesome. If mad busy at times.  I did bottle the tomato fight though, may get involved this year.

3 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Me and my group usually skip The Common in favour of Block 9 and Shangri-La (for the Shangri Hell stage mainly). Starting to think we should change plan this year...CANNOT WAIT

I rate that! I didn't even give Bloc 9 or any of that a look in which made me sad, this year will be a whole different story ;)

last year I took some newbies through the SE Corner and they didn't enjoy the crowds so we jsut bustled through. The trick I think is to get yourself in a venue and stay for a short while, people soon leave and and make more room.

I've never been in Block 9 or the NYC Downlow due to the queues, think I'll make the effort this year, I'm sure I can spare 20 minutes or so.

The Common is ace and not as manic as Shangri-La and my friends really like Galsto Latino so will visit there too.

17 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

this place is a must try, something totally different I loved it. Ended up in a little shed!

Love the Back Of Beyond - one of my favourite places across all of the site.  Nothing like sheltering from an imaginary thunderstorm under an umbrella with a skeleton is there????

With it being our first time last year, we got sucked into mindlessly meandering to try and see everything and didn't end up actually staying anywhere for the first two nights. 

Saw Four Tet at Genosys for about 10 minutes before deciding to leave because the sound was terrible and it was ridiculously busy. Ended up discovering The Common and think we spent the next two nights in the Temple, by far our favourite area and well worth the queue to get in. 

Distinctly remember a 15 minute pantomime 'will he, won't he' moment at the Temple on Sunday night while everyone was cheering for Joy Orb to play more after it had all finished. 

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

with the temple, am I right in saying there aren't any toilets inside? Therefore what is the point of a massive que? I have never been in, i'd like to but it seems like it would be a waste of time if you just have to leave to use the toilet.

That's exactly right, I went in 2 years ago and needed the toilet within 5 min, left to find 1 ended up losing the rest of the group as the que was massive to get back inn.

Awesome place tho, i'll still go back this year just pee first

10 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

with the temple, am I right in saying there aren't any toilets inside? Therefore what is the point of a massive que? I have never been in, i'd like to but it seems like it would be a waste of time if you just have to leave to use the toilet.

hmm that's a tad shitty, although what with pissing usually being an impossibility despite desperately needing it in the state i'd be in around that time, wouldn't be too much of an issue... :D 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

this place is a must try, something totally different I loved it. Ended up in a little shed!

Where is this then?  Not sure I've come across it.

Had such blast in the common last year. By far my favourite area. Seems to be A LOT of love for Glasto Latino in here. Maybe i didn't get it? What is it that you guys love about it so much? We went on the weds as nothing else was open, and i found it pretty boring. I'm asking this genuinely as maybe i missed something? Are we literally just referring to the white slatted structure in the field next to the common? I don't what it offers compared to the amazingly thought out venues in the common etc? Will have to give it another go this year!

59 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Where is this then?  Not sure I've come across it.

On the left, before the Rum Shack, as you go from Glasto Latino to The Common, or behind the Temple if you're coming from Shangri La.

Looks like this from the outside

Glasto-2013-copper-dollar-the-common-301

3 minutes ago, Simpo said:

On the left, before the Rum Shack, as you go from Glasto Latino to The Common, or behind the Temple if you're coming from Shangri La.

Ahh, gotcha.  Cheers.  Think I must have ebbed past it in the crowds and failed to notice.

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Yeah we had this issue last year, one of our group of about 20 needed to use the toilet but after much begging the security lady let her leave and come back in 

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Ahh, gotcha.  Cheers.  Think I must have ebbed past it in the crowds and failed to notice.

Easily done, little hidden gem. :)

First saw it during the day when it was empty working for my ticket, the decoration was so beautiful and peaceful with little birds flitting around. I knew I had to come back later with people!

15 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Ahh I didn't know that was what this place was called! Had one of my favourite ever nights at Glastonbury in here! Thank you for posting this.