Really sorry guys...

gerardfenton18

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done, nice touch showing the answers so far. The spending questions might be difficult to draw conclusions from - I spent a lot less the first time, but that was mainly because of my own personal circumstances meant I had a lot less to spend than I do now.

And of course eFesters may not be a representative sample!

I've completed the survey, some feedback I would have is that it might have been better to collect a little more demographic information than you did (only mentioning this as it's always good when writing up to be very upfront about limitations of you're research)  

Another suggestion Iwould have would be to possibly think outside of just using survey data and consider a thread on the forum asking for people's views on the subject, trying to solicit more 'long form' responses and if possible ask for people to include some basic demographic info such as age/sex/employment type, then you could use some of the views raised and any recurring themes in your write up, providing you explain fully the source of this material and caution that it is unlikely to be a representative sample of attendees. 

The above approach I feel is also good in that it provides something to the forum (i.e. a discussion  that many  will find interesting) rather  than just asking people for help and giving little in return ( although I accept that you are an actual member here with posting history). It will also show that you are able to use and report on more than one method of gathering qualitative information.

50 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I never spend more than £150 in total after the ticket cost - my tight student budget wont allow it! That said however, the petrol cost and parking when split between 4 people, and only coming from Bristol helps with this small(ish) budget and allows for around £25 - £30 per day spend.

I'm impressed! I'm very frugal once there, but it's travel there that's the killer for me- trains are such a rip off

Done. 

Speaking as a fellow sociology monkey the one piece of advice I'd give is to watch your definitions of class. The working/middle class categories are far more blurred and individualistic than they were 20 or 30 years ago. 

For example I identify myself as working class given my background and attitudes, however given I went to university (albeit as a mature student), and have a mortgage, some would say I was middle class. 

Just something to keep in mind when looking at your results. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm very impressed that so many people somehow only spend £300-£399 in total expenditure. Tickets are about £235, so that leaves £66-£165 to spend on travel, food etc- liars!

In the past 3 years ive been going ive spent £800+ every time. Worth every penny.

Edit. Best survey i've completed. Well done mate and good luck

Edited by Slugworth

1 hour ago, Heartbreaker said:

I never spend more than £150 in total after the ticket cost - my tight student budget wont allow it! That said however, the petrol cost and parking when split between 4 people, and only coming from Bristol helps with this small(ish) budget and allows for around £25 - £30 per day spend.

This!

and survey done...

Done.

Fascinating. And look at us! V professional/managerial but see a mixed demographic that hasn't changed.

My expenditure is much lower this year than my first year because I still have the tents (I bought them for a family group) and to be fair its a little hard to separate out cost for one person in a group where I pick up other costs.

I wish you well with your studies @gerardfenton18