Camping / Festival Hacks!!

Jne___

Thought it would be a good idea for everyone to give some of their campong / festival hacks inone place, as have seen some good ideas on here, such as s hooks for your bag in the loos, and an impressive egg carry case from go outdoors! Been looking online for some more ideas but most of what I have found is better suited to real camping in mountains etc. so please share! 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

Thought it would be a good idea for everyone to give some of their campong / festival hacks inone place, as have seen some good ideas on here, such as s hooks for your bag in the loos, and an impressive egg carry case from go outdoors! Been looking online for some more ideas but most of what I have found is better suited to real camping in mountains etc. so please share! 

Is it your first time at the festival? 

-Use the lockups

-Leave no trace

-Keeping booze under your tent can keep it coolish

-Don't camp too close to the toilets

-Avoid camping too close to the bottom of a hill

-Be nice to neighbors, say hello on arrival

-Claiming space: don't tape off areas; if you're going to use a gazebo probably a good idea to camp less central

Edited by p.pete

1 minute ago, princess4747 said:

Why are people on the internet so quick to assume

Why are you assuming I'm assuming???!??!?!????!??!???????11112

(your dog looks ace btw.... I'm assuming he/she's ace)

Edited by croiz
The dog looks ace

30 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

My fav tip is to change your lockscreen on your phone to something that says 'if found please call -alternate number- refund' or something. Just incase! 
Don't camp too close to main paths
Camp towards the edge of the field so when it's dark you have less risk of falling onto someones tent.

2 minutes ago, croiz said:

Why are you assuming I'm assuming???!??!?!????!??!???????11112

(your dog looks ace btw.... I'm assuming he/she's ace)

Because it's the internet! Things must be assumed! :lol:
He is pretty ace, I'm just sharing my pasta with him. He comes to work with me. 

Oh another good tip - invest in a nice water bottle with straw (one that keeps drinks cool, a proper camping one) make yourself a nice strong drink at the tent for when you're out and about to save money, ask for ice at bars to keep your drink cool. 

5 minutes ago, calcium_kid said:

Last year I took these Andrex on the go Toilet Tissue, saved some room in my rucksack and day pack, or you could just stuff them in your pocket if you needed a quick toilet break at night.

I was half expecting that to be just a plastic bag, for 'late night (in-tent) toilet breaks'

Edited by StePotts

Whats wrong with the bogroll on site?

Bring as little as possible to the festival. You can get everything you need there. Aside from a good tent and walking boots.

Some people walking in look like they're going for a month long hike up the Himalayas.

Edited by The Nal