• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

The growler really that bad? :(

For me, it's not that it's especially bad, it's that it's not good, and when you're at Glastonbury, "not good" is a meal time wasted, there's so much better to find than low quality ingredients served lukewarm.

The Meal Machine / Growler is basically a bog standard catering van just as you'd find in an industrial estate or Wickes Car Park. Quite literally in this case - that's where they're located the other 51 weeks of the year.

On 26/04/2016 at 1:22 PM, princess4747 said:

Excuse me? I was asking a genuine question. Why are people on the internet so quick to assume. 

dont worry about it princess......my one thing i do try and do is take some dust masks and pour a little sent in them ...that way when you on the long drops reading the glasto free press you can read it whilst not gagging lol

o also sleep with ALL you valubles on your body or at the bottom of your sleeping bag .....

AND one last thing MAKE FRIENDS with those camped next to you ..that way you can look after each others tents

good post imo

1 hour ago, Mickball said:

I recommend bringing an eye mask and ear plugs. They prevent what little sleep you do get being interrupted by the bastard sun and noisy neighbours.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Travel-3D-Sleep-Eye-Mask-Sleeping-Soft-Cover-Shade-Plane-Blindfold-/191624305687?var=&hash=item2c9db2dc17:m:mMM1sQqoERe2v3xPLxqTftg

My tip for all those that will forget these two things, is that you can do the same / similar job with a t-shirt.  fold the arms outwards and then fold down to make a blindfold, tie arms at back of your head (unless you sleep on your back, then tie at side)

Traveljohns for the 4am pee.

Vicks Vaporub to dab under the nose before the Long Drop visit (remember to wipe your hands after use and before touching genitalia)

A toiletries bag with a coat hangar on it, makes carrying wet wipes etc a piece of cake as it hangs neatly on the inside of the long drop door

For morning freshness I always take some after shave (not in a glass bottle obv) and a little travel tube of face wash

Edited by MEGABOWL

10 hours ago, musky said:

The growler is amazing if you're a big fan of lard. 

growler%20roll.jpg

Never understood the love for the Growler. Had it one year and felt it all day sat heavily at the pit of my stomach. Much better food around Glastonbury. Normally a quick bacon butty to tide me over on the walk over to Avalon / tiny tea tent area for some decent grub.

22 hours ago, AndyRaine said:

One of my best buys was this shower! You realise how much a hot, powerful shower on a morning sorts you out. 100% recommend 1 of these and a popup utility tent for your camp.

8873640329246.jpg

You seriously take that?!! Madness, far too much effort taking that to site and using it. And taking a second pop up utility tent?! Madness.

the growler is an interesting one, I had one last year and it was good, its basically chips and cheese with bacon in a baguette, nothing ground-breaking but when I'm hungover all I want is a pile of stodge and the Gowler fits that perfectly

it's nothing ground-breaking and there is plenty of other food out there that should be on your bucket list BUT if you find yourself in need of stodge like I do then the Growler is the one for you

if you are compiling your list of must have foods i'd kick the growler off, in an in case of emergency food

pool.jpg

Instead of the power shower thingy we take one of these small kids paddling pools. Packs up into nothing in your rucksack.

Order of play:

5l water. Blow up paddling pool. Place into porch of tent. Face, hair, pits, jump in and finish off with the bits. Feels magic - almost as good as a proper home shower. 

Just don't use too much soap/shampoo otherwise you'll never wash it all off with only 5l water. 

Edited by semmtexx

58 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

pool.jpg

Instead of the power shower thingy we take one of these small kids paddling pools. Packs up into nothing in your rucksack.

Order of play:

5l water. Blow up paddling pool. Place into porch of tent. Face, hair, pits, jump in and finish off with the bits. Feels magic - almost as good as a proper home shower. 

Just don't use too much soap/shampoo otherwise you'll never wash it all off with only 5l water. 

Or just stop wasting 5 litres of water!!! You do know that WaterAid is one of the main charities don't you?!

Glastonbury gives you an actual insight in to what it's partially like for people who have really restricted access to water. You soon realise when you're queuing for a standpipe and then carrying back a container to your tent, just how much we treat water in 'real life' as an endless supply.

Just have a quick wipe down for christs sake!! It's a festival! 

28 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Or just stop wasting 5 litres of water!!! You do know that WaterAid is one of the main charities don't you?!

Glastonbury gives you an actual insight in to what it's partially like for people who have really restricted access to water. You soon realise when you're queuing for a standpipe and then carrying back a container to your tent, just how much we treat water in 'real life' as an endless supply.

Just have a quick wipe down for christs sake!! It's a festival! 

Totally.

However I'm not sure we are short of water in the U.K. itself. Also I'm not sure that people who have restricted water sit around and listen to bands and get twatted - like most people at the festival do. Anyhow, don't suppose that's really your point. Also it uses quite lot less water than the showers do, which are heated, and what's the environmental cost of all the wet wipes? Just trying to give people an alternative!

I like festivals, have been to a fair few. I also like to have a wash! The water usually get used by me, the missus, and the kids, so it's hardly outrageous use. Though to be fair the eldest scuppered that last year by the suspicious yellow lake around it!

Anyhow, cos it's the internet, I'll add a smiley here given the 'is it your first festival' fun above!

;):D

Edited by semmtexx

no word of a lie

a few years back my friend went to meet some girls she knew who were camping in the pennards we were in dairy , she got there sat around the fire and her friend said she was going for a pee. She went in her tent. When she came out my friend asked her if she had just pissed in her tent. She replied "yes I have a pissy tub" anyway a few hours goes by it's pitch black raining . she dicieds that it is best to go into the girls tent to try and keep dry. When she gets in the tent she sees the tupperware tub in the corner half full of wee with a big turd floating on top.

she made her excuses and left. I am ok with pissing in a tub but that is too far my friend

48 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

no word of a lie

a few years back my friend went to meet some girls she knew who were camping in the pennards we were in dairy , she got there sat around the fire and her friend said she was going for a pee. She went in her tent. When she came out my friend asked her if she had just pissed in her tent. She replied "yes I have a pissy tub" anyway a few hours goes by it's pitch black raining . she dicieds that it is best to go into the girls tent to try and keep dry. When she gets in the tent she sees the tupperware tub in the corner half full of wee with a big turd floating on top.

she made her excuses and left. I am ok with pissing in a tub but that is too far my friend

OMG, that is grim. What sort of tub was it? Like one of the big square ones, or more of a tall cylindrical one? Just trying to figure out the logistics of shitting in tupperware. Seems VERY dangerous to me.