Camden Rocks 2016

Going. Went last year and it was awesome bands I'm looking forward to but depending on clash are Black Spiders, The Virginmarys, The Amorettes, Carl Barat, The Fallen State, Amaryllis, Sonic Boom Six, The Pearl Harts. I still haven't checked everyone out yet but so far there is enough to justify ticket + travel.

Edited by jonnyf

5 minutes ago, jonnyf said:

Going. Went last year and it was awesome bands I'm looking forward to but depending on clash are Black Spiders, The Virginmarys, The Amorettes, Carl Barat, The Fallen State, Amaryllis, Sonic Boom Six, The Pearl Harts. I still haven't checked everyone out yet but so far there is enough to justify ticket + travel.

Are all the venues quite close together (like a 5 minute walk or so)? Definitely considering it, will be nice to pack it in between Slam Dunk and Download. Young Guns, Zebrahead, Glen Matlock and Creeper are the biggest draws for me. But i need to check out a lot of the bands. For £35 for a ticket it seems like a bargain.

Yeah the venues are close distance from each other but the smaller ones fill up quick so get there early or you may have to queue up outside until you get in. I missed The Graveltones at the Jazz Cafe because I don't get there early enough, after realising I wouldn't get inside In time I went and saw Richie Ramone instead.

I went in 2014 and had a fantastic time; missed Crazy Arm at The Black Heart because I didn't get there early enough and couldn't get in the room but the overcrowding definitely wasn't as bad as some of the horror stories you hear with metropolitan festivals

Also you can drink reasonably cheaply for a festival by tanking up at the multiple off licenses in Camden which is a definite perk

Went to this last year, great event for the price and discovered so many new bands! Had no real plan and just jumped in and out of the venues until the headliners. Was lucky enough to catch Skindred, Heaven's Basement, Richie Ramone, The Fallen State, Dumbjaw.

Hoping to catch a lot more this year with the likes of The Cribs, Young Guns, Carl Barat, Evil Scarecrow (for the comedy effect). Obviously they'll all clash so will only end up seeing one.

Any recommendations for lower down the line up? My favourite bands include Muse, Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Libertines, Wolf Alice, The Rifles, Mumford & Sons, Green Day, Kasabian - anything with those kind of sounds :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/05/2016 at 1:58 PM, AndrewSmith said:

Went to this last year, great event for the price and discovered so many new bands! Had no real plan and just jumped in and out of the venues until the headliners. Was lucky enough to catch Skindred, Heaven's Basement, Richie Ramone, The Fallen State, Dumbjaw.

Hoping to catch a lot more this year with the likes of The Cribs, Young Guns, Carl Barat, Evil Scarecrow (for the comedy effect). Obviously they'll all clash so will only end up seeing one.

Any recommendations for lower down the line up? My favourite bands include Muse, Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Libertines, Wolf Alice, The Rifles, Mumford & Sons, Green Day, Kasabian - anything with those kind of sounds :)

Inme, Bulletproof bomb, Yuck, AvaGrace, Fort Hope, Black Foxxes, Ashes to Angels, Amaryllis, Freeze the Atlantic.

CC Smugglers if you like Mumford I guess. 

On 22/05/2016 at 9:54 AM, deadpheasant said:

Inme, Bulletproof bomb, Yuck, AvaGrace, Fort Hope, Black Foxxes, Ashes to Angels, Amaryllis, Freeze the Atlantic.

CC Smugglers if you like Mumford I guess. 

21 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Highly recommend Bullerproof Bomb and Fort Hope

Nice recommendations guys, thanks! I'll check them out :)

I think the timetables came out a few days before the festival last year (same week as the festival)

I cant recomend One Man Boycott enough!! A few of you have mentioned The Fallen State. OMB have played with them a few times!! I believe they are on same stage OMB play at 2pm!! Check them out!! New Album Counting The Seconds have seen some serious reviews! Rocksound have rated the debut album on par with Weezer & were in attendence when OMB played Barfly not too long ago!!