Travelling from Bristol Airport

Madyaker

Were flying into Bristol airport early on Wednesday morning and the 2 best options for getting on site seem to be a bus or a taxi. Because there is so many of us both are working out at around the same price. I've been told a taxi is the better option because it's less likely to get stuck in traffic and we can go via a supermarket to pick up cans and whatever else we couldn't bring on the plane. I'm just wondering what gate we'll end up being dropped at if we get a taxi? There doesn't seem to be any designated taxi area marked on the map.

Also I understand that people coming off buses get priority at gate A, is that for everyone getting off any bus, or just for the people who bought their bus and festival tickets together?

If you go by taxi you'll get dropped off at the drop or point at Bath and West showground.

You'll need a shuttlebus to get to the site - where you will get dropped off at Gate A - you'll get priority on the way in over car users that way!  When do you land - that will probably affect the cost of the taxi - peak arrival these days seems to be 6-10am ish so traffic can be bad getting towards the site from every directly!  That obviously affects everyone, but unless you agree a fixed price might cost you more in a cab :-)

Edited by stuwilky

You can book and pay for the taxi online so I'm assuming it's fixed price plus a tip. We should be arriving around lunch time. I'm the one suggesting the idea of a taxi to our group so if it ends up costing us way more than the bus I'm going to get dogs abuse :lol:

36 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

I will be arriving at Bristol Aiport on Thursday night by myself at 22:30. Reading this suggests my only option is a very expensive cab by myself to the festival site. Is this correct?!

The other option would be to get a bus from the Airport to Bristol centre, then an early morning coach to the Festival site. But that'd involve either paying for a room/bed somewhere or an uncomfortable night in the coach station.

But going to the site by taxi would probably be the better option and the only one that'll get you on site Thursday evening.

Normally I'd say to try and find fellow glastonbury bound travellers in the departure lounge for your flight and in the taxi queue at Bristol Airport as most of the flights on Wednesday and Thursday will be full of them - but to be honest, most people will have arrived by 10:30pm Thursday so you might have to be on your own.

On 25 April 2016 at 0:43 PM, stuwilky said:

If you go by taxi you'll get dropped off at the drop or point at Bath and West showground.

You'll need a shuttlebus to get to the site - where you will get dropped off at Gate A - you'll get priority on the way in over car users that way!  When do you land - that will probably affect the cost of the taxi - peak arrival these days seems to be 6-10am ish so traffic can be bad getting towards the site from every directly!  That obviously affects everyone, but unless you agree a fixed price might cost you more in a cab :-)

This has changed in recent years there is now a dedicated taxi drop off point it's a small field just by temporary pedestrian crossing on A361 between orange and pink car parks, opposite Steanbow Farm. It's about a 15-30 min walk to gate A (depending on how fast you walk and how much you have to carry)

40 minutes ago, fur_q said:

This has changed in recent years there is now a dedicated taxi drop off point it's a small field just by temporary pedestrian crossing on A361 between orange and pink car parks, opposite Steanbow Farm. It's about a 15-30 min walk to gate A (depending on how fast you walk and how much you have to carry)

Never seen that and we've been parked just the far side of that crossing for the last few years! 

Have noted that taxi arrival is no longer on the official site at all. 

Will edit my post to reflect info in yours :-) didn't realise I couldn't! Oh well! 

Edited by stuwilky

This has been the case for the last few years. I've also noticed that this info is no longer on the website so it might be a good idea for the original poster to pre book via a firm local to the festival tart her than the airport and check that the company they do book with are aware of the arrangements for this year. 

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:00 PM, incident said:

But going to the site by taxi would probably be the better option and the only one that'll get you on site Thursday evening.

I guess that's going to depend whether they have other folks to meet with who have space they can crash in, as that sounds like a pretty unpleasant time to arrive and set up a tent?

On 25/04/2016 at 1:18 PM, Brad2434 said:

I will be arriving at Bristol Aiport on Thursday night by myself at 22:30. Reading this suggests my only option is a very expensive cab by myself to the festival site. Is this correct?!

I'm flying in from Dublin at this time aswell  roughly and would happily share a taxi? I'm meeting a friend at the airport from Bristol too.