Pub Crawl on Thursday

Travis Tee

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Moments like that are the thing I love most about the festival, we just ran in to get out of the rain and had the most amazing time, not long now. 
Charm x

That's what happened to us when we ended up in The Bread & Roses. Saw some unique things in there!!!

2 hours ago, Lou1983 said:

I like the fluffy rock, it's just across from the green peace boat (I think) 2 rum cocktails for a tenner, generous measures too! And if your lucky you'll catch mik artistic singing about a plastic fox! 

2nd Fluffy rock cafe and we caught Mik artistik too last year

As other have said you need to include The Cornish Arms near leftfield as you go towards the Pyramid and The Theatre bar in the T&Cs field. I would include Cockatoo bar at the bottom of T&C field near the entrance too as great strong cocktails

Add the acoustic bar as well

Edited by shoptildrop

4 hours ago, Travis Tee said:

Looking at a decent pub crawl for the Thursday, have I left out any good bars. If so can you name them and tell me where they are.

Cheers

TT

2016v1-2.png

Also, i won't bother with the below bars from your list as they don't really have anything different (IMO)

• Bar on the green
  • solstice bar
  • Mandela bar

The permaculture cafe was serving some homebrew style cider and had a few great people playing, John Fairhurst was on before the fireworks to about 20 people lying on the grass. I imagine I'll stick around there and the glade this Wednesday and Thursday.

Edited by TheBurns

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

the bar at the top of the hill is excellent. feels like a reward for everyone who has climbed up there. I was first to be served at 11:00am on the Thursday last year. Then shortly afterwards a guy proposed to his girl and everyone cheered and clapped. Great moment.

Alcohol makes us all do stupid things.

I've been trying to keep tabs on all the bars to go to and I'm just resigned to the fact that it's impossible to get to every recommended bar in the 5 days. Will just have to play it by ear and hopefully stumble (literally) across some lively venues.

21 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Also, i won't bother with the below bars from your list as they don't really have anything different (IMO)

• Bar on the green
  • solstice bar
  • Mandela bar

sounds brave. how many miles walking involved. personally I would make it to bar number 2, have a tired and emotional moment and then working out how the hell I get home to tent. good luck though! I am weak. 

Ah I love a Thursday pub crawl. Don't think they're listed as bars but there were quite a few of those small craft cider bars dotted around last year selling really good cider at all strengths for all levels of drinking abilities! :-)

26 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

Here we go, I need more precise locations on some bars, apparently Cornish Arms won't be there this year

What?!? Where did you hear this?

Just checked the map and there's still a bar showing where it usually is (to the right of the 'i' in the centre, above the words 'LEFT FIELD')

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
Checked map