The exceptional trolley thread

Tim2006

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used this for the last 3 years, folds up into a small bag so is perfect for coaches or throwing in the back of the van/car.

I've had plenty of weight on it and its made the trek from gate A to Park Home Ground each year with no problems. 

http://www.pauls-angling-supplies.co.uk/folding-seat-trolley-with-p-892.html

I got one of these from either b&q or home base image.jpgabout 12 years ago, used it for a number of festivals until 2007 killed it (pretty exceptional weather though!)

so got another one the following year and still going strong :D

Edited by mario man

Prams are the way ahead, pick one up one ebay/gumtree cheap as chips, must have 4 pneumatic tyres, steerable wheels and collapsable. Done the last 6 Glastonburys with mine, load up the carry cot and bottom tray, bungy straps and away you go, push with one hand drink with the other.  Best £10 I ever spent. :)

18 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Prams are the way ahead, pick one up one ebay/gumtree cheap as chips, must have 4 pneumatic tyres, steerable wheels and collapsable. Done the last 6 Glastonburys with mine, load up the carry cot and bottom tray, bungy straps and away you go, push with one hand drink with the other.  Best £10 I ever spent. :)

Genius,I'm getting one

What's people's thoughts on wheelbarrows?  I was thinking of buying a new trolley this year but seeing as I already have this one for the garden:

http://www.jtatkinson.co.uk/tools-c17/haemmerlin-9004-camden-classic-wheelbarrow-with-pneumatic-tyre-black-85l-p2981/s2804?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=haemmerlin-9004-camden-classic-wheelbarrow-with-pneumatic-tyre-black-8-toco090&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CK_9lsKyxcwCFUqeGwodWZcNZw

I was thinking I could probably just save a few quid & pile my gear into that instead.  :rolleyes:

Quite like the idea of it being stable on its own when in the queue etc. as opposed to a sack trolley, and would stick it in a lockup once onsite. 

What do y'all reckon?

I used a sack truck for years but then recently got one of these (I think it's been mentioned before) from Robert Dyas....

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart

It did the job wonderfully! I think the main thing is that with sack trucks/wheel barrows you're not only putting work in to pulling/pushing the thing along, you're also holding it steady and up. With a garden truck thing you've got 4 wheels on the ground so gravity is doing half the work for you. If you're going from a PG the other side of the festival from where you're camping you'll be thankful for it. One year we went from PG B to Paines Ground with a sack truck loaded with beer and a 6 man tent and several times I was convinced I was about to die.

One last warning on sack trucks... it's always tempting to pile crate after crate of beer on it. Problem is the crate at the bottom is going to get crushed especially when going over bumpy ground. Go easy or get a garden cart.

Garden Cart all the way!

On 4/30/2016 at 2:37 PM, kaytee... said:

Would you say the trolley folds up small enough to take on the coach? I know space is limited on the coach so only want to load it once I get off

Yeah, for sure...... Folded: Approx height 65cm, width 25cm, length 40cm

On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 0:59 PM, jimmillen said:

What's people's thoughts on wheelbarrows?  I was thinking of buying a new trolley this year but seeing as I already have this one for the garden:

http://www.jtatkinson.co.uk/tools-c17/haemmerlin-9004-camden-classic-wheelbarrow-with-pneumatic-tyre-black-85l-p2981/s2804?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=haemmerlin-9004-camden-classic-wheelbarrow-with-pneumatic-tyre-black-8-toco090&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CK_9lsKyxcwCFUqeGwodWZcNZw

I was thinking I could probably just save a few quid & pile my gear into that instead.  :rolleyes:

Quite like the idea of it being stable on its own when in the queue etc. as opposed to a sack trolley, and would stick it in a lockup once onsite. 

What do y'all reckon?

I've used a wheelbarrow for a few festivals, only problem I've ever had was when I hit some particularly sticky mud but it only had a skinny wheel with a solid tyre. 

They are great in the queue as easy to pick up, put down and great on slopes as you can keep them level.

I have retired mine now as it was getting so rusty I was worried something would snap. 

On 4/24/2016 at 9:12 PM, GoonerRob said:

This one is best... rubber inflated wheels and u can take it apart to get in the car :)  if the wheels dont have proper tyres it wont make it.

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=pttatiwmx&istBid=tzma&gclid=CODr_dKKqMwCFdMV0wodcKYOMg

We also have one like this - and wouldn't be without now -it is bulky in the car but SO much easier getting stuff to and from your tent

21 hours ago, GemmaBrown said:

We also have one like this - and wouldn't be without now -it is bulky in the car but SO much easier getting stuff to and from your tent

Hello..

I have just ordered one of these, does it fold down? or do you put it together there? 

Arghh im so excited its coming round so quick! :D

1 hour ago, Lauraoxxo said:

Hello..

I have just ordered one of these, does it fold down? or do you put it together there? 

Arghh im so excited its coming round so quick! :D

It doesnt really fold, but the sides all clip on so you can take them off pretty easily. (Take a spare plastic bag to store your clips in). Then we took a spanner just so we could take the handle off and it bolts on and then just put it all together when we arrived. (Took 5 mins max) The wheels stay on but you can pack the car round them. 

But for how much easier the walk in is it is definitely worth it. Game changer!x

On 5/14/2016 at 9:51 AM, GemmaBrown said:

It doesnt really fold, but the sides all clip on so you can take them off pretty easily. (Take a spare plastic bag to store your clips in). Then we took a spanner just so we could take the handle off and it bolts on and then just put it all together when we arrived. (Took 5 mins max) The wheels stay on but you can pack the car round them. 

But for how much easier the walk in is it is definitely worth it. Game changer!x

Can vouch for this. It is possible to slide it in to the car and then slot things in between all the gaps. You'll need a fairly large boot or at least one seat to fold down. I've got a large saloon and it certainly took up significant beer space... but then it allowed me to take a lot of beer on site!

*********** IMPORTANT *************

Just seen this on Hot UK Deals. Very good deal if you're considering a garden cart style trolley....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/heavy-duty-garden-trolley-38-99-free-delivery-oypla-2447818

On 5/8/2016 at 3:18 PM, Gnomicide said:

I've used a wheelbarrow for a few festivals, only problem I've ever had was when I hit some particularly sticky mud but it only had a skinny wheel with a solid tyre. 

They are great in the queue as easy to pick up, put down and great on slopes as you can keep them level.

I have retired mine now as it was getting so rusty I was worried something would snap. 

Missed this when you first posted - thanks for the advice.  :D  Sounds promising.  My wheelbarrow isn't too rusty, yet, so should be OK.  Going to take a few spares for the wheel though!

I ordered this one a few days ago and it's already arrived :) 

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-1035-p.asp

It's a little heavier than I'm used to but still pretty light. It is really well made, sturdy (once you work out how to secure it) and comfortable to use. Obviously it hasn't been to the festival yet but from wheeling it around my lounge I would highly recommend it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2016 at 8:37 PM, stardustjunkie said:

I ordered this one a few days ago and it's already arrived :) 

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-1035-p.asp

It's a little heavier than I'm used to but still pretty light. It is really well made, sturdy (once you work out how to secure it) and comfortable to use. Obviously it hasn't been to the festival yet but from wheeling it around my lounge I would highly recommend it!

I was about to order this one... Mr Efestivals, when might they be back in stock?

On 15/05/2016 at 8:54 PM, Jamie D said:

Just seen this on Hot UK Deals. Very good deal if you're considering a garden cart style trolley....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/heavy-duty-garden-trolley-38-99-free-delivery-oypla-2447818

We have a Robert Dyas one which has served us well at three festivals so far, but I notice this one on Hot Deals says it can take 400kg, but the Dyas one is only 150kg. Makes me wonder if it's worth upgrading as ours does seem to be getting a bit rickety and I don't want any trolley disasters before the tent's even pitched.

• 1 month later...

How did everyone's trolleys fare this year?

We had the Robert Dyas garden cart after reading all the reviews and it broke. The piece of metal that connected the front wheel section to the cart itself fully snapped off, so it was completely un-salvageable, unless someone had a welding gun handy.

Hadn't overloaded it either, had at most 80kg on there - can take £150kg.

The one we have bought from Efests shop held up fine and the wheels cleaned off really easily. It is the 4 wheel fold up one. for around £70.

We saw similar ones on site in trolley graveyards but they didn't look as sturdy and have seem that sort of thing on Ebay for under £45. You get what you pay for.

I used the folding offroader from Efest shop for the first time this year, which wasn't laden as heavy as our other sack truck but still had a fair amount of weight I'd say 75% capacity, however, given the conditions I expected her to fail at some point, but the 'gal' I named 'honey' did exceptionally well with encouragment all the way from pink 55 through gate d to baileys and back, collected a fair bit of the sticky stuff along the way yet the wheels kept turning - the girl done good - was suitably impressed with her..