The exceptional trolley thread

Tim2006

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Tim2006 said:

Does anyone know the best trolley to get from car park to site? I've always gone with the orange B&Q upright thingy although that surely can't be the best as it's sh*te! 

Can't be that shite if you keep using it ;-) 

weve got a b&q upright. Done over 60 festivals inc over 10 Glastonbury's. Careful loading and regular servicing makes ours awesim. She's semi retired now S we bought a caravan - she just gets used once or twice a year now!

2 hours ago, GoonerRob said:

This one is best... rubber inflated wheels and u can take it apart to get in the car :)  if the wheels dont have proper tyres it wont make it.

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=pttatiwmx&istBid=tzma&gclid=CODr_dKKqMwCFdMV0wodcKYOMg

We've got that one (or a very similar one) but can only fit it in the car if there is no-one using the back seat as the base is a significant size.  That said, we took it to Glasto in 2011 to move our daughters' stuff (and their friends' beer) from our camper van to where the friends were camped up.  It worked well in the rain and the sticky mud that will be my abiding memory of that morning.

23 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I'll second this, had one for a couple of festivals last summer and will be taking it to Glastonbury this year.... one tip though; the wheels are skinnier than most of the other barrows/2 wheelers, so don't overfill if it's looking muddy. The benefit of being foldable outweighs the skinnier wheels for me.

Edited by croiz

Get a carp Barrow (fishing). Get one with 3 or 4 wheels so you don't have to lift it up. Used one at Glastonbury for quite a few years. They go straight over any bumps and furrows in the mud as well as ploughing through the wet mud. Also get a spider-bungee/ octo-bungee (metal ring with 6 or 8 adjustable bungees on them) as they hold everything on the trolley like a dream. The one I have is made by Chubb, they are expensive though. Pic below: all loaded up :-)

FB_IMG_1461644040185.jpg

9 hours ago, Henrik said:

I'm getting seriously close to ordering one of those e-fests trolleys. Those wheels though!! They look like a disaster waiting to happen.

Anyone had any bad experiences with them?

Had a bit of an issue at beatherder last year when I'd over filled and there was a steep hill.... It's quite a hilly site though.... And there's a fair chance I'm absolutely feeble ;-)

23 hours ago, Henrik said:

I'm getting seriously close to ordering one of those e-fests trolleys. Those wheels though!! They look like a disaster waiting to happen.

Anyone had any bad experiences with them?

I also had an issue with overfilling mine last year at Boomtown. The rocky path leading up to one of the gates was very unforgiving on the wheels (only aided by the 4 crates and 6 man tent inside) and they eventually came apart from the frame within barely a minute of getting through the gates. We were lucky that Trenchtown camping had moved to just around the corner from the gate really! Moral of the story is don't try and pack everything in to it if you aren't the lightest packer as the frame isn't the strongest in the world 

Edited by Mesuri

8 hours ago, Henrik said:

Ok, cheers @Mesuri & @croiz.

Maybe I will look elsewhere then. If it struggles with 4 crates, it's not going to be much use.

Hmmm..... Mine stayed solid, twas just hard to pull. If you've got the space go for one with chunkier wheels then. We were limited on space hence went for the foldable.

I'll take some close up photos if you remain undecided.

On 24 April 2016 at 9:12 PM, GoonerRob said:

This one is best... rubber inflated wheels and u can take it apart to get in the car :)  if the wheels dont have proper tyres it wont make it.

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=pttatiwmx&istBid=tzma&gclid=CODr_dKKqMwCFdMV0wodcKYOMg

We've got a few of these too. They've lasted years, carry loads and are pretty indestructible. (Honestly! Even Wellie-high sticky mud at Reading a few years back couldn't kill it!)

Search "garden trolley" they cost around £60ish but honestly they are so worth every penny! And if you rent it out like we did a few times at festivals you get free beer too!! ;) 

I got myself "The Handy folding Sack Truck" for about £40 from tescodirect. It carrys up to 200kg, and telescopically collapses down in height and the loading part folds up to fit neatly in the rear seat foot well.

sack 3.PNG

15 hours ago, croiz said:

Hmmm..... Mine stayed solid, twas just hard to pull. If you've got the space go for one with chunkier wheels then. We were limited on space hence went for the foldable.

I'll take some close up photos if you remain undecided.

Cheers, some close up photos would be really helpful. However, I'm really struggling for room in my car, so I think the only options are efests trolley or nothing!

On 4/28/2016 at 9:56 AM, Henrik said:

Cheers, some close up photos would be really helpful. However, I'm really struggling for room in my car, so I think the only options are efests trolley or nothing!

Crap! Forgot! Will do tonight...

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Waapster said:

This one is awesome. We have just bought our second after many festivals with the first - so we can now take two...

It folds up small, its really tough and buying it here contributes to maintaining this forum.

Off-roader heavy duty festival trolley

I've recently taken the plunge and gone for one of those, seen plenty of good reviews of it on these boards so hoping it lives up to its billing.