Anyone on the Recycling Crew got their shifts yet?

Nuthugger

1 hour ago, Nuthugger said:

I haven't even got my shift details yet, but my 1st-timer friends have. Hopefully they're working backwards and sending the veteran details out last. I'm hoping for thurs-sun 6-12 litter pick.

I think they might be sending them out in team order, as my husband and my friends on the same team as me have had theirs.

The husband and I got our shift email from Fiona on Wednesday. We are little picking with a charity and will be with Pyramid Stage team 3, working Friday to Monday 06:00 - 12:00, which is great for us.  Husband has volunteered at Glasto with Oxfam, stewarding back in 2002 but it will be my first time volunteering at Glasto (but I'm no stranger to charity volunteering, including a bit of little picking in the past)...really looking forward to it! Haven't been to Glasto since 2007...I'm hoping it won't be quite as muddy as in 2007!

Is there a good atmosphere in Tom's Field? Can you take biggish tents to Tom's Field? Since we're working we thought we'd take a bigger tent and perhaps more 'stuff' than we'd normally take to a festival to make it a bit more comfy. 

Edited by Harebell

38 minutes ago, Harebell said:

The husband and I got our shift email from Fiona on Wednesday. We are little picking with a charity and will be with Pyramid Stage team 3, working Friday to Monday 06:00 - 12:00, which is great for us.  Husband has volunteered at Glasto with Oxfam, stewarding back in 2002 but it will be my first time volunteering at Glasto (but I'm no stranger to charity volunteering, including a bit of little picking in the past)...really looking forward to it! Haven't been to Glasto since 2007...I'm hoping it won't be quite as muddy as in 2007!

Is there a good atmosphere in Tom's Field? Can you take biggish tents to Tom's Field? Since we're working we thought we'd take a bigger tent and perhaps more 'stuff' than we'd normally take to a festival to make it a bit more comfy. 

Yes- atmosphere is good in Tom's field- especially in and around the staff canteen/bar marquee- you can always find someone to have a natter with.  The camping field itself is a bit quieter after dark as folk have the 6am starts and want to get some kip- I have heard people told to keep it down if they are being too loud (but I'm talking really really loud).

I'm still awaiting official confirmation of my shifts

1 hour ago, Harebell said:

How big is biggish and when are you arriving - people do have big tents if they are there for a while but from Thursday lunchtime onwards it can be a tight squeeze. Aim for the left hand side of the field and head straight up and you can often find space up there although it looks rammed from the bottom. if you arrive Tuesday then it wont matter.

I would echo what Dondo said about the sleeping but there's a good and busy atmosphere in the marquee. 

47 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

How big is biggish and when are you arriving - people do have big tents if they are there for a while but from Thursday lunchtime onwards it can be a tight squeeze. Aim for the left hand side of the field and head straight up and you can often find space up there although it looks rammed from the bottom. if you arrive Tuesday then it wont matter.

I would echo what Dondo said about the sleeping but there's a good and busy atmosphere in the marquee. 

Ah yes- I forgot about the tent question.  Agree if you are arriving Thursday it can be a tight squeeze.  I arrived one year on the Thursday and didn't get the best spot with an average sized tent.

As Kate says- aim for further away from the marquee/showers etc. and there's a better chance of space

16 minutes ago, dondo said:

Ah yes- I forgot about the tent question.  Agree if you are arriving Thursday it can be a tight squeeze.  I arrived one year on the Thursday and didn't get the best spot with an average sized tent.

As Kate says- aim for further away from the marquee/showers etc. and there's a better chance of space

We're planning on arriving on Tuesday afternoon/early evening.  We'd usually bring our trusty little 3/4 person Vango tent but might get a bigger tent - especially something with more headroom - but not super huge.  So hopefully should all be good.