TMZ report that Prince has passed away, aged 57

Keithy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lammo's shrugging, "not arsed, let's talk about PJ Harvey" response to this on 6 Music should rightfully see him handed his P45.

After Lauren Laverne and Radcliffe & Maconie's excellent tributes to Bowie on the day, I turned on hoping for something similar but worried Lammo wouldn't quite match it. It was actually far worse than I expected and he carried on reviewing the new PJ Harvey record after a spin of Purple Rain. That was it.

The one act I always prayed for on the Glastonbury line up was Prince.  Just imagine how incredible it would of been, oh my days.

I feel a right mug for not making more of an effort to see him play elsewhere now, won't make that mistake again next time one of my favourites is touring.

If it's true about that Kanye petition putting him off playing last year then... well. No words really.

3 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

The one act I always prayed for on the Glastonbury line up was Prince.  Just imagine how incredible it would of been, oh my days.

I feel a right mug for not making more of an effort to see him play elsewhere now, won't make that mistake again next time one of my favourites is touring.

If it's true about that Kanye petition putting him off playing last year then... well. No words really.

This, just exactly this.  :(

He might now officially be the artist formerly known as Prince, but he will always be a sexy mother fucker.

He was mad as a box of frogs but he was so effortlessly cool.

When I grow up I want to be like Prince. Unfortunately he was and always will be on another planet to us mere mortals.

In life there are people that you love. You love them because they are your family, friends, lovers or heroes. You love them because they make you laugh, dance, sing or cry. All of these people take a massive place in your life and when one them leaves you it leaves a massive hole in your life. Prince was a musical hero to me. He had the balls to do it is own way without compromise innovating every album he made. I was lucky enough to see him 8 times. My 1st gig at 15 was Prince at the NEC. A show that was only bettered by opening night at the O2 with stage seats followed by the after show party. Hopefully now he'll get the respect he deserves. I can't wait for the Vault to be opened and all of those hidden treasures to come out. RIP Princey