Queen's (!) Birthday treat

galbani

Bit miffed as we have ours already.... :(

Didn't think that the headliners had that much clout, or is it the other Queen's treat?.

https://www.thepriceiswight.co.uk/product/isle-of-wight-queens-birthday/

Adult ticket £118

• Choose your option from dropdown
  • Tickets will be posted out to you via signed-for post
  • All tickets are non-refundable and no claim can be made to recover this money in any way whatsoever. The first instalment includes a booking fee which is also non-refundable
  • The payment will be charged to your credit or debit card immediately – it is non-refundable
  • A fee of £5.95 will be added for Postage to have them delivered to your door via signed for postage
  • If you purchased any of the upsells listed below together with your tickets, you will be refunded the full price paid by you in respect of such upsells in the event that we cancel your tickets a. Car Parking b. Campervan
  • These special Terms and conditions are in addition to the standard Terms and Conditions for The Price is Wight
  • Maximum six tickets per booking with a maximum of two free child tickets per booking on top of the six
  • Free child tickets can only be added to basket if buying adult ticket
  • Teen tickets can only be purchased if buying adult ticket
  • Maximum five teens tickets per adult ticket
  • Child & teen need to be the ages specified at 9th June 2016
  • You may be asked to prove child/teen age on arrival at Festival
  • This is a non refundable ticket
  • All tickets are sold subject to the Isle of Wight Festival standard terms and conditions of sale at www.isleofwightfestival.com

5 hours ago, galbani said:

Bit miffed as we have ours already.... :(

Didn't think that the headliners had that much clout, or is it the other Queen's treat?.

https://www.thepriceiswight.co.uk/product/isle-of-wight-queens-birthday/

Adult ticket £118

• Choose your option from dropdown
  • Tickets will be posted out to you via signed-for post
  • All tickets are non-refundable and no claim can be made to recover this money in any way whatsoever. The first instalment includes a booking fee which is also non-refundable
  • The payment will be charged to your credit or debit card immediately – it is non-refundable
  • A fee of £5.95 will be added for Postage to have them delivered to your door via signed for postage
  • If you purchased any of the upsells listed below together with your tickets, you will be refunded the full price paid by you in respect of such upsells in the event that we cancel your tickets a. Car Parking b. Campervan
  • These special Terms and conditions are in addition to the standard Terms and Conditions for The Price is Wight
  • Maximum six tickets per booking with a maximum of two free child tickets per booking on top of the six
  • Free child tickets can only be added to basket if buying adult ticket
  • Teen tickets can only be purchased if buying adult ticket
  • Maximum five teens tickets per adult ticket
  • Child & teen need to be the ages specified at 9th June 2016
  • You may be asked to prove child/teen age on arrival at Festival
  • This is a non refundable ticket
  • All tickets are sold subject to the Isle of Wight Festival standard terms and conditions of sale at www.isleofwightfestival.com

Thank you very much for that, 4 tickets for 400 quid!

I'll likely be picking up a ticket at this price because I go with my family every year, but I think it reflects on the lineup this year being very poor. Stereophonics and Faithless aren't headliners. I'm looking forward to Queen + Adam Lambert but a lot of people aren't enthused. The Who is a good booking, but not one I'm personally excited about because I saw them at Glastonbury last year.

It's the undercard that's weak too though - too many acts that are past their prime and are usually populating the main stages of smaller festivals, not one of the UK's major and most prestigious festivals. Sure, you want some heritage acts, but it feels like new/popular has been mostly ignored this year. Every other UK major festival offers more main stages and more acts, so you expect the Isle of Wight main stage and Big Top to be jam packed with quality bookings. But nope, this year, the ball has been dropped, whether that's down to being unable to get more popular acts, or Solo/John Giddings just completely misjudging it. I almost feel that ignoring the big headliners of The Who and Queen, the lineup of Victorious Festival in Portsmouth is as strong/stronger, and that's £30 a day, or £25 if you booked a few weeks ago!

I'll have a good time, no doubt, and the Hipshaker and Kashmir Café will no doubt be as good as ever, but that's not what you're really paying the high ticket price for - you're paying it for the main acts, everything else is a bonus.

Was hoping to win tickets in that competition they had on - the fact they were giving away 90 pairs show how bad sales must be going - but it wasn't to be. I'm tempted to wait and see if I can pick up a ticket even cheaper but it's likely I'll jump in at this price in case I do struggle to get one even cheaper!

4 hours ago, paulmuchmore said:

I'll likely be picking up a ticket at this price because I go with my family every year, but I think it reflects on the lineup this year being very poor. Stereophonics and Faithless aren't headliners. I'm looking forward to Queen + Adam Lambert but a lot of people aren't enthused. The Who is a good booking, but not one I'm personally excited about because I saw them at Glastonbury last year.

It's the undercard that's weak too though - too many acts that are past their prime and are usually populating the main stages of smaller festivals, not one of the UK's major and most prestigious festivals. Sure, you want some heritage acts, but it feels like new/popular has been mostly ignored this year. Every other UK major festival offers more main stages and more acts, so you expect the Isle of Wight main stage and Big Top to be jam packed with quality bookings. But nope, this year, the ball has been dropped, whether that's down to being unable to get more popular acts, or Solo/John Giddings just completely misjudging it. I almost feel that ignoring the big headliners of The Who and Queen, the lineup of Victorious Festival in Portsmouth is as strong/stronger, and that's £30 a day, or £25 if you booked a few weeks ago!

I'll have a good time, no doubt, and the Hipshaker and Kashmir Café will no doubt be as good as ever, but that's not what you're really paying the high ticket price for - you're paying it for the main acts, everything else is a bonus.

Was hoping to win tickets in that competition they had on - the fact they were giving away 90 pairs show how bad sales must be going - but it wasn't to be. I'm tempted to wait and see if I can pick up a ticket even cheaper but it's likely I'll jump in at this price in case I do struggle to get one even cheaper!

You are bang on with what you're saying, a really poor undercard and set of headliners. After last years line up I thought things could only get better. I have to say I'm more looking to Y Not fest than IOW but like you say Hipshaker will be top notch as ever!

Pretty safe to say that they don't have anyone else big left to announce, if they are struggling to sell tickets surely they would announce anyone they did have left, last year was my first year at IOW and it looks like this year will be my last. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...