eFestivals

new here? introduce yourself

Hi People,

I am 28 and this will be my 9th Glasto (I have been to the last 8).

I have visited this site and forum over many years. It has been a great resource so decided i should sign up and give back if possible.

Don't hesitate to give me a shout with any Glasto related questions, i will do my best.

Hello and welcome all newcomers :D.

Don't forget the introduction is only the start - join in on the rest of the mayhem as you wish; there really isn't anything to fear - even Russy's kind to anyone with less than 100 (or so) posts, so you're (likely) safe for a good while yet! 

You've joined in when it's likely that not so many people will look in here.   The secret resales stuff is reaching it's painful fever pitch and then we'll have the main announcement and the stage splits/timings to get (over) excited about .... and then there are the weather, the state of the ground, the coach times and the has your ticket been delivered yet threads.  Don't feel ignored - get involved! 

And if you don't get involved, have an amazing festival.  

• Upvote 3

Morning. I'm Rheon. Long time reader. This will be my 9th Glasto (last year was the first I've missed since '07). Thought I'd join in seeing as I'm at home with a fractured ankle with nothing much to do!

Hey

I've lurked for about 2 years now and only just felt the need to sign up, this will enable me to continue to be productive at work. ;)

This Glasto will be my 2nd in a row and look forward to it being a recurring theme, though my wallet will be glad to have a year off!

I've probably conversed with many of you on twitter: @mrmjprice :)

Helloooooo. Richards the name but i've always been referred to as Blogs. No, I don't know why, just how it is. I've been to Glastonbury more times than I can remember and plenty of times when I can't remember. Including the times when the fence was an easy run and jump and run. And also when it was a climb and run. And also when it was DIG and run. The benefits of living reasonably local I guess. Apologies to those who deem the behaviour of the younger me as criminal or maybe a tad anti-social. I was young and skint and had to go,  As you may of guessed I'm far to grown up now to enter Festival by any means other than as a paying punter, even abandoning tents in favour of caravan. As my first Glastonburys were attended with nothing but the clothes I was wearing I feel justified in now arriving in relative luxury. Been stalking E Festivals site for years and benefitting from top tips so it's pay back time. Play nice. :P

18 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

I've been to Glastonbury more times than I can remember and plenty of times when I can't remember. Including the times when the fence was an easy run and jump and run. And also when it was a climb and run. And also when it was DIG and run. The benefits of living reasonably local I guess. Apologies to those who deem the behaviour of the younger me as criminal or maybe a tad anti-social. I was young and skint and had to go,  As you may of guessed I'm far to grown up now to enter Festival by any means other than as a paying punter, even abandoning tents in favour of caravan. As my first Glastonburys were attended with nothing but the clothes I was wearing I feel justified in now arriving in relative luxury. Been stalking E Festivals site for years and benefitting from top tips so it's pay back time. Play nice. :P

Hi Efests, 

I'm lees23 - spent the last few weeks lurking but enjoying the threads. decided to jump in :)

Went to Glastonbury in 94, 97, 98 and then 2013 - in the 90's we'd just get the tickets from a local record store (ripped out of a book) for £65 and get miffed off about the massive amount of people walking through the fence, the security was hilariously bad. skip to 2013 (kids in the hiatus) and the site had massively changed. still amazing and luckily I've bagged tickets for 2017

In my spare time I'm a guitarist for a fantastically heavy band called 'Dientes' (Spanish for the 'the teeth' -  look up us we rock). run OCR races (so not arsed about mud in the slightest) and a dad to 2 fantastic teenage kids (No they're not coming with me - my parents only took me to wales as a kid, they can stump up for their own hedonistic whims when they move out and get a job!!!!!!!)

cheers

lees

Hi all, been lurking for a while now. This will be my 4th in a row after trying many times unsuccessfully.  I usually use the the user mane placidcasual on forums but I've seen this is already taken :P

Hey there efests,

I'm Volker and looking very forward to attend my second Glasto this year. Went there last year and had an absolut blast despite all the mud. We're flying in from Germany.

I've been stalking efests for quiet some time and thought i'd just have a go and sign up.

Only 35 days to go! can't wait.

Well hello!

I'm Chezzabella and I've been to Glasto once before last year (was never able to afford it before that!!) looking forward to heading back this year :) 

Gonna be perusing this forum for top tips!

Much Love!

Hi!

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.....

Love browsing through all the chats on here, takes my excitement up another level :-D

Can't wait to get to the greatest place on Earth for 5 days of unadulterated fun!

x

Hello Everyone

My names Luke and I have been a lurker on these forums for quite some time since i got my ticket. Finally decided to create an account so i could join in and get involved :). Love the forum, it keeps me occupied most days at work. I am so excited for the festival, it will be my first time at Glastonbury. 

Hopefully bump into a few Efests at Glastonbury. Hope everyone has a great festival!! 

1 hour ago, The Field said:

Hello Everyone

My names Luke and I have been a lurker on these forums for quite some time since i got my ticket. Finally decided to create an account so i could join in and get involved :). Love the forum, it keeps me occupied most days at work. I am so excited for the festival, it will be my first time at Glastonbury. 

Hopefully bump into a few Efests at Glastonbury. Hope everyone has a great festival!! 

I love that you have 8 posts in an hour!  

Welcome one and all

Hi peeps long long time lurker. It's about time I joined up and either offered  Hopefully here for the long haul.

Been attending every year since 1994 bar 1. Only live 20 or so mins away and by my own admission I'm a little bit obsessed with the place. 

hello all, this seems to be my first post, guess i have been lurking and not joining in - well here goes, i attended in 2011, 2016 and this will be my third. really love camping so i appreciate and geek out on the tent and boot recommendations :)

I found this forum looking to find new people going to glastonbury 2017. I went for the first time in 2010. Celebrating my 30th back then. Never rained, ended up with really bad sun burn. I remember having to go to the medical tent and they didnt know how to treat burns ha. I am hoping for another dry festival but the odds are against me. Not long now,. Will be celebrating my 37th Birthday there, 24th June.

Last time I went I ended up in bed at around 12pm every night I know sad ha, this year will be different  i hope 

Afternoon, never been to a festival! Off to Glasto this year, excited and ready for the experience of a lifetime!

Hello!!

i've been to the festival 6 years previously  ( not in a row ) . I  Have posted a few times here... great to be part of it though,and this really makes the whole experience more rounded and exciting !! 

Hi, returning to Glastonbury after 12 years away - this time as a WBC volunteer. Hoping I'm not to old to enjoy working and playing. Getting loads of good info here, thanks all.

Greetings - I am a long time lurker on the forum. Thought it was about time i said hello and contributed. I've been going to the festival since a teenager back in 1990. This year will be my 12th visit - still love the place. Previously I've worked at the festival, both as a photographer and as a DJ. Now it's just for fun and catching up with old friends and making new ones (and ok a couple of personal projects).

Music wise, mainly electronic music - love most sorts of 'dance music' - but favourite genres are ambient, minimal and experimental music - Aphex, Tycho, Eno, Hessle, etc

Edited by J Mansfield
poor spelling

Long time lurker, registered as were getting close now :)

I had a ticket got for me in the initial sale and we got one for my better half in the resale.

Both first timers. Im 31 and she is 26. Shes done a couple of festivals but i never have really. More into my open spaces in the hills.

Anyway were in CW with friends who've been many a time, pitching next to their camper. I have a suit. You WILL NOT be able to miss me.

Holy fuckballs