new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi,

Having been a regular visitor for news and research the recent Foo thread has made me take the plunge!

I love a festy or three, done Glasto about 16 or 17 times, blagged it, worked it, bought tickets, full weeks, full weekends and, more recently, just Sundays, been robbed, flooded and experienced heaven on earth.:D

All the best, fingers crossed for a sunny June!

Not exactly "new" but I've been lurking more than posting for a few years now and reading the heartwarming Foos thread last night made me want to try and join in a bit more often! 

So howdy everyone! I look forwards to months of speculation leading up to the big event with you all!

10 hours ago, 42hamlet said:

Not exactly "new" but I've been lurking more than posting for a few years now and reading the heartwarming Foos thread last night made me want to try and join in a bit more often! 

So howdy everyone! I look forwards to months of speculation leading up to the big event with you all!

Wasn't it just lovely in there :) so chuffed for everyone who managed to get in!

Not long to go now - 114 days and we'll all be there!

Welcome everyone, you'll like it here :D x

I'm a long time lurker although I've apparently posted 30+ times, that's news to me. I signed up back in 2009, to get some of your expert knowledge on Glastonbury - although I didn't actually make it that year. I've had tickets twice - yet never got there due to illness and injuries! 

I've loved avidly following all the recent threads, and the parsonsjack saga actually made me post - although my fight club-esque comment flew well under the radar. 

I will no doubt be seeking loads of advice and guidance in the coming months! 

So... Hello!

Hi, I'm Ray, been a member for a couple of years and a lurker for longer, I rarely post but have found the information on this forum invaluable!  Missed out on a ticket in October but will be trying in the resale.  

A relative Glasto "newbie" with only 3 appearances under my belt.  Can often be found at the cider bus or wandering through the south eastern corner in the early hours.

Hope to get a ticket and see you all come June

Welcome to the ex lurkers. Make sure you stay an ex lurker and get involved in the threads which appeal to you. And for those still lurking, please pop your head above the parapet and make yourselves known. This is a great site, so don't hold back, get involved. You can virtually talk about any old shit you like at times - I know I do on a regular basis! :)

48 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I can talk the hind legs off a donkey and tend to waffle when typing sounds like I'll fit in nicely!

Plus every time I see your name I imagine yoghurt on stick looking very much like Mannys "Tower of Soup" in Black Books...

Great, you'll definitely fit in if you can talk the hind legs off a donkey.

I'm unfamiliar with Mannys "Tower of Soup" in Black Books so looked it up and it would appear that it's been blocked on Youtube by Channel 4. This means that I haven't a clue what you are talking about. I'll see if I can by pass the censorship somehow. I don't watch a lot of television. Sometimes, like now, I feel as though I'm missing out but most times I'm OK with amusing myself by other means. :)

30 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

To be fair it was a pretty niche quote from a 15yr (or so) old TV show...

Black Books is ridiculously, hilariously brilliant if you run out of other means with which to amuse yourself :)

I will look up this Black Books thingy. Strange though, as I've never heard it mentioned before. 

7 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran & Tamsin Greig - a trio of comedy genius imo :)

I know of Bill Bailey's work, have heard of Dylan Moran, but know nothing of Tamsin Greig. I can't see Bill Bailey hooking up with a pair of plonkers, so suspect the other two must be rated. I'm intrigued. I'll have to ask a friend about by passing Youtube and have a look at this there Black Books. :)

1 hour ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Thanks naughtygeorgie,

I suppose I should have thought about going to Channel 4's own site, but I'm fairly crap at most IT stuff etc. I don't even know how to turn the television on in this house, so getting a programe from years ago was probably beyond me anyway. I can  use this site, book up Ryanair flights and that's about it as far as computers go.

I'll watch that episode of Black Boots in the next few days, and get back to you on what I thought of it.

Have a lovely day. :)

51 and have been to a few gigs over the years but never a festival before so all the info and chat on efestivals has been really helpful.

Managed to get Glastonbury tickets for my son and his girlfriend for his 18th birthday present so as I was registered and he didn't mind, I'm going along too; separate tents obviously!

Into nearly everything except for bands I'm told I should like and forced upon me by the mainstream; Coldplay, Ed Sheeran etc.

Bands I'm listening too right now are: The Avalanches; Thee Oh Sees; Bon Iver; Hiss Golden Messenger; Whitney; Julia Jacklin; She Drew the Gun; Angel Olsen; Ryan Adams; Kate Tempest.....I'll stop!

16 hours ago, SighMo said:

51 and have been to a few gigs over the years but never a festival before so all the info and chat on efestivals has been really helpful.

Went to my first Glastonbury in 2011 aged 47. I'm now 54 and this will be my 5th (I missed last year despite every effort). You will wonder why you've never been - it's genuinely addictive and life affirming. Next year you will enjoy the full thrill/fear/depression/elation on these boards during the mayhem around ticket release time and you will literally do anything to go back.

5 hours ago, scrippit said:

Went to my first Glastonbury in 2011 aged 47. I'm now 54 and this will be my 5th (I missed last year despite every effort). You will wonder why you've never been - it's genuinely addictive and life affirming. Next year you will enjoy the full thrill/fear/depression/elation on these boards during the mayhem around ticket release time and you will literally do anything to go back.

I'm getting sucked in by it all already and booked up to go to Green Man by myself in August in all the euphoria! Must say that the GM line up is looking pretty good; just announced Oh Sees, Shins and Kate Tempest. I'm sure you're right about 'needing' to go in the future...thanks for the response.

39 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I'm getting sucked in by it all already and booked up to go to Green Man by myself in August in all the euphoria! Must say that the GM line up is looking pretty good; just announced Oh Sees, Shins and Kate Tempest. I'm sure you're right about 'needing' to go in the future...thanks for the response.

Fancy that! We're going to Green Man too. Different vibe, but just as enjoyable. Great line up this year.

I will track you down there and ask how you got on at Glasto...

17 minutes ago, scrippit said:

Fancy that! We're going to Green Man too. Different vibe, but just as enjoyable. Great line up this year.

I will track you down there and ask how you got on at Glasto...

Nice one...we could compare mud.

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

Quite a few of our Glasto Gang (and former Glasto Gang members) will be there, so come and say hello. I'll be in a Dethleffs twin axle caravan with a Grumpyhack poster in the window.

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Quite a few of our Glasto Gang (and former Glasto Gang members) will be there, so come and say hello. I'll be in a Dethleffs twin axle caravan with a Grumpyhack poster in the window.

Sounds good; will do. Sounds like you shouldn't be too hard to find once I've Googled 'Dethleff' ;-)

10 hours ago, SighMo said:

Sounds good; will do. Sounds like you shouldn't be too hard to find once I've Googled 'Dethleff' ;-)

Looks a bit like this but also with an awning along the side.

Image result for dethleffs camper caravan twin axle

• Upvote 1