new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Good Morning everyone :)

My name is Rebekah, (an efest lurker for years but finally signed up) and I'm from Sunderland.

Sadly this is the first year myself and my boyfriend didn't manage to get tickets but we have everything crossed for the resale!

Stayed at Worthy View the past 2 years so if anyone has any questions about that feel free to ask.

It's been fab to read so many helpful posts over the years and hope to be able to return the favour :)

• 1 month later...
On 02/11/2016 at 9:51 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Kateymay

You've been lurking since 2009! I'm just wondering, have you ever wanted to post before or is it a case of you just like reading people's posts? I'd say that I'd ask that question of all lurkers out there. I'd hate to think that people lurk because they are too shy, timid, nervous etc not to post. Anyway, I realise that asking you that question would force you to post an answer - don't bother if you don't feel like doing so / want to. :)

Ive only just seen your comment, sorry!! I'm not sure why I've not posted really, I've always loved reading the comments on here but Im perhaps not a natural people person - although since my above post I have posted a couple more times :) 

On 01/01/2017 at 10:57 PM, Kateymay said:

Ive only just seen your comment, sorry!! I'm not sure why I've not posted really, I've always loved reading the comments on here but Im perhaps not a natural people person - although since my above post I have posted a couple more times :) 

Hello Kateymay. I used to just read but then took the plunge and started posting. Even though I personally haven't been on here too much of late I still understand that this site can only survive if people actually post. So, please keep on posting. :)

I find posting on here quite different to places like Facebook.  The lovely thing about EFests is that no one knows you - unless you've been to an EFests meet at a festival and, even then, you probably only get to put a dozen or so faces to names.

On Facebook everyone knows you so there could be an 'embarrassment factor' with people who know you reading what you've written.

On EFests you can hide behind whatever persona you choose to present and the one thing we all have in common is a love of festivals - even if we don't always agree with each other's musical tastes.

We all start with a shared interest and, therefore, all have something to offer and contribute - even if it might only be advice to other would-be festival goers.  So I'd say to other Lurkers come on in and enjoy having a chat about your passion.  Provided you stay clear of the politics or Scottish issues, no one is going to have a go at you and you might even develop a thick enough skin to challenge Neil from time to time.

34 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I find posting on here quite different to places like Facebook.  The lovely thing about EFests is that no one knows you - unless you've been to an EFests meet at a festival and, even then, you probably only get to put a dozen or so faces to names.

On Facebook everyone knows you so there could be an 'embarrassment factor' with people who know you reading what you've written.

On EFests you can hide behind whatever persona you choose to present and the one thing we all have in common is a love of festivals - even if we don't always agree with each other's musical tastes.

We all start with a shared interest and, therefore, all have something to offer and contribute - even if it might only be advice to other would-be festival goers.  So I'd say to other Lurkers come on in and enjoy having a chat about your passion.  Provided you stay clear of the politics or Scottish issues, no one is going to have a go at you and you might even develop a thick enough skin to challenge Neil from time to time.

Let's not get crazy now :)

Welcome one and all

On 04/01/2017 at 1:06 PM, BobbyHunter2017 said:

Hi guys,

Always used this site to check rumours and it has never let me down in the past!

Thought I would create a profile and see if the members of this forum will be as welcoming and warm as when I have visited Worthy Farm.

Peace and tranquility,

Bob Hunter

Hi, warm welcome and warm handshakes!

1 hour ago, ryaner77 said:

Hi All,

First glastonbury, traveling over from Dublin and coaching it down from Birmingham.

Can't wait

Welcome to the team. Quite a few Irelanders on here I believe that must do a similar journey.

Hope you enjoy your first one.

On 04/01/2017 at 10:22 AM, grumpyhack said:

Provided you stay clear of the politics or Scottish issues, no one is going to have a go at you and you might even develop a thick enough skin to challenge Neil from time to time.

Here, what's this all about? Our notes are legal tender mate! 

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Here, what's this all about? Our notes are legal tender mate! 

Nope, Scottish notes aren't 'legal tender'.

Legal tender can't be refused for payment. Scottish notes can be refused.

I've been in enough shops in my lifetime that have refused them, so I won't accept them myself now. It's a pain in the arse to try and buy something and then find they won't take Scottish notes.

Edited by eFestivals

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, Scottish notes aren't 'legal tender'.

Legal tender can't be refused for payment. Scottish notes can be refused.

I've been in enough shops in my lifetime that have refused them, so I won't accept them myself now. It's a pain in the arse to try and buy something and then find they won't take Scottish notes.

Brexit Britain. 

Hi all my name is wayne and i'm from a little town in norfolk and i've been lucky enough to get me and my daughter our first glastonbury tickets so thought i'd would join up as i think i gonna need some advice on first timer.. As a teen i used to go to donnington monsters of rock..So as quoted by billy bragg: Glastonbury makes other festivals look like a gig in a field..make's me think i will be on here quite a lot on the run up to june 

On 19/01/2017 at 6:42 PM, LifeBegins@What??? said:

Hi all my name is wayne and i'm from a little town in norfolk and i've been lucky enough to get me and my daughter our first glastonbury tickets so thought i'd would join up as i think i gonna need some advice on first timer.. As a teen i used to go to donnington monsters of rock..So as quoted by billy bragg: Glastonbury makes other festivals look like a gig in a field..make's me think i will be on here quite a lot on the run up to june 

And we're here to help.  You are in for a treat!

On 1/19/2017 at 6:42 PM, LifeBegins@What??? said:

I am excited on your behalf... loads of good advice to be had here!

Hello all, 

I've been a lurker for a little while and decided to make an account and hopefully meet some people who are going to UK festivals this year as volunteers (anyone?).

This will be my first Glastonbury, I've been to other smaller festivals before and have wanted to go to Glastonbury since I was a kid.

I'm very very excited to see Radiohead come June

Joe :)