new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi all,

I'm not sure how active I'm going to be on here, but whatever. My name's Evan and this'll be my first Glastonbury, was lucky enough to get tickets on the first try. I'm mostly going to be restlessly refreshing until Daft Punk are confirmed one way or the other, and possibly talking about Radiohead a bit in the meantime

14 hours ago, Quark said:

I thoroughly approve of this proverbially balls-out approach.  Absolutely no regard for the possibility of it going wrong. Glorious.

When you're as type A as me, there is no going wrong. There's only going to Glasto.

Hey everyone,

My name's Nick, a long time passive user of the site, have taken in loads of the brilliant advice people give on the site so i thought I'd say thanks to all of you. Sadly I missed out on tickets this year but have everything crossed to get Glasto tickets in the resale in April, I'll no doubt be relying on the efestival community for tips again. =]

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

My name's Claire, also occasionally known as Mrs Cheuky (hey Nick ^_^), and I've also been a longtime creeper here. I'm usually here looking for rumours about the lineup, but sadly I missed out on tickets this year so I'll be going for the resales in April. I'm happy to share advice on how we've got tickets in the past, what to bring, what to do while you're there etc. And if I fail in the resales I'll be here in June looking for tips on how to scale the great superfence! :lol:

Edited by Claro24

Ah, cod sods, forgot to do this. Right.

OK, hullo! Name is Andy, from Yorkshire. Long time sitewatcher, first time Glasto-goer festival just gone. Very fond of chips, gravy, chips and gravy, Bruce Springsteen, Iron Maiden and debating the pros and cons of festival lineups. Generally like everything music-wise - very little I won't try, unlike vegetables - and was cautious about Glastonbury as I'd never camped at a festival. Camping definitely my least favourite part of what was otherwise a great weekend - had my Glasto moment bellowing out the chorus of Livin' Thing during the soaking rain at ELO and knew I wanted to come back again. Didn't truly explore much outside of the Thursday - across the three main days, every band I saw was Pyramid or Other Stage - so hoping this time to get around a bit more. Cheers!

(And yes, I was an Adele naysayer. Probably one of the best performances I've ever seen though, probably third of the weekend behind Coldplay and the 1975. For a bearded bloke from the north of England, no shame!)

(I imagine there's little crossover, but for those who wondered, I am also under the same name on Greasy Lake, the Springsteen forums. Love me some Bruce.)

Edited by DownboundTrain52

Hi, I'm Aston! I've been to one Glastonbury festival (last year) and tried so hard for tickets this year as I hear radiohead were supposed to be headlining - I didn't get a ticket and they are. Radiohead are my favourite band of all time and I'm looking for some advice or even some help to try in the resale, even if it's coach, absolutely anything! I'll see radiohead even if it kills me! 

Thanks guys 

hello. Lucky to get a ticket dor 2017  so really excited.  Have been to Glastonbury a few times before, didn't let this year put me off.  So, thought I'd hang out for a few months here.  As a bit of a lurker always have loved reading the rumour thread. A must!  Great for fuelling pub talk with like-minded glasto mad friends :) 

On 10/20/2016 at 10:26 PM, DownboundTrain52 said:

Ah, cod sods, forgot to do this. Right.

OK, hullo! Name is Andy, from Yorkshire. Long time sitewatcher, first time Glasto-goer festival just gone. Very fond of chips, gravy, chips and gravy, Bruce Springsteen, Iron Maiden and debating the pros and cons of festival lineups. Generally like everything music-wise - very little I won't try, unlike vegetables - and was cautious about Glastonbury as I'd never camped at a festival. Camping definitely my least favourite part of what was otherwise a great weekend - had my Glasto moment bellowing out the chorus of Livin' Thing during the soaking rain at ELO and knew I wanted to come back again. Didn't truly explore much outside of the Thursday - across the three main days, every band I saw was Pyramid or Other Stage - so hoping this time to get around a bit more. Cheers!

(And yes, I was an Adele naysayer. Probably one of the best performances I've ever seen though, probably third of the weekend behind Coldplay and the 1975. For a bearded bloke from the north of England, no shame!)

(I imagine there's little crossover, but for those who wondered, I am also under the same name on Greasy Lake, the Springsteen forums. Love me some Bruce.)

welcome mmmmmm I once watched Bruce Springsteen while eating chips and gravy

On 10/21/2016 at 1:12 AM, Cuzzy said:

Hi all

First time at Glastonbury next year with the wife and daughter in tow so looking forward to it especially as it's gonna be sunny,  I can feel it in me waters. 

It will be sunny scorching. (I said this ever day leading to the festival this year)

8 hours ago, Maisie-daisy said:

hello. Lucky to get a ticket dor 2017  so really excited.  Have been to Glastonbury a few times before, didn't let this year put me off.  So, thought I'd hang out for a few months here.  As a bit of a lurker always have loved reading the rumour thread. A must!  Great for fuelling pub talk with like-minded glasto mad friends :) 

shhh don;t tell anyone, there is  a rumour Radio head are playing. I heard it from a man who knows a girl 

Afternoon everyone,

I'm OJ, originally from Cumbria but now Manchester and 2017 will be my 4th Glastonbury.

I've found out so much invaluable info from efestivals and had plenty of laughs reading the posts without posting myself, so thought this year I'd get more involved.

I'm staying in East Campervan Fields with 3 friends.

Catch you around.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy33 said:

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could all fill out a survey about festival experiences, it will only take up a few minutes of your time. The link is:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LSHQX63 

Thanks!

Could you explain why you'd like us to complete this survey?

I've been lurking on here since 2009 but never posted before so hi everyone!! 2017 will be my 7th glastonbury and I'm as excited about it as my first time :)  We're in a group of 6 but my boyfriend and I are by far the most obsessive about all things Glastonbury and both spend hours on here - the others probably wince every time they get another group message from one of us! This year was our first year in a campervan after years of camping and weve been luckily enough to get camper tickets again for 2017 too! 

On 30/10/2016 at 10:41 PM, Kateymay said:

I've been lurking on here since 2009 but never posted before so hi everyone!! 2017 will be my 7th glastonbury and I'm as excited about it as my first time :)  We're in a group of 6 but my boyfriend and I are by far the most obsessive about all things Glastonbury and both spend hours on here - the others probably wince every time they get another group message from one of us! This year was our first year in a campervan after years of camping and weve been luckily enough to get camper tickets again for 2017 too! 

Hello Kateymay

You've been lurking since 2009! I'm just wondering, have you ever wanted to post before or is it a case of you just like reading people's posts? I'd say that I'd ask that question of all lurkers out there. I'd hate to think that people lurk because they are too shy, timid, nervous etc not to post. Anyway, I realise that asking you that question would force you to post an answer - don't bother if you don't feel like doing so / want to. :)

Hi, i have had a few sporadic post over the past year or so but slowly getting more and more sucked into this forum...never used or read any other forums before but thought I would introduce myself and possibly become a little more active! next year will be my 7th Glastonbury and I have benefited from this site loads over those years....so thanks 

On 11/4/2016 at 8:45 AM, RAMMAN said:

Hi, i have had a few sporadic post over the past year or so but slowly getting more and more sucked into this forum...never used or read any other forums before but thought I would introduce myself and possibly become a little more active! next year will be my 7th Glastonbury and I have benefited from this site loads over those years....so thanks 

7 th time you are a veteran 

• Upvote 1

Hello!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm new here. I've posted once, before, but I found this introduction thread. So I'm posting this introduction to everyone. I had a profile, with a couple of posts, around a year ago. But I can't find it. So this is my new profile.

I have started trying for and successfully getting a Bath coach ticket. This is in the Thursday ticketsale. So I travel from Bath. A Bath, single, coach ticket seems to be easier to get, than other ones. I used to try for those and fail.

Edited by msttux23
To punctuate.

Paul from Yorkshire - been lurking in the background for many a year. Went to my first Glastonbury  back in 1995

when tickets were £65 and you could get hold of them without an issue by phone or royal mail !

Different feel to the festival back then, with more of an edge, but just as much fun. I’ve been

another 9 times since, as and when my life events allowed. Got married last year and took my wife

who’d never been and she loved it ! ( I do find it difficult to convey the appeal of the festival to

those that haven’t been. When you say its not all about the pyramid stage you get a blank look !).

Used this site many a time over the years, with lots of useful info, so thanks to all. Lucky enough

to get tickets again for next year , but had my share of years when I’ve been unlucky.

Now got a job and life style that might help me read this forum and post a little more !