new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

13 minutes ago, OG said:

are you trying for tickets this year?

Hello OG,

I'm not trying for tickets this year. It feels far too big for me nowadays. I think that I first started having my doubts about the place a few years ago when I went only having recently had a major stomach operation. I found then that I just couldn't gad about the place like I always had been used to, and it's been the same everytime I've been since. I've moved on to smaller festivals now. There will always be a soft spot in my head though for Glastonbury, and I may well return one day*.

* - I will enter any competitions going next year for the festival, on the strength that if I win then it was meant to be that I go again.

Hi All, I've lurked around the forum since last after my excitement of getting tickets 2 years in a row (had been trying unsuccessfully for 6) was marred by my not realising the sale of caravan slots has changed. Anyway this site kept me sane and I also managed to get a caravan slot in a secret resale. We are from Durham and have previously attended with our kids and their partners. This years there is just our daughter and we trying for tickets for 3 newbies. I feel slightly sick at the moment, have had a nightmare about waking up at 10 n wondering how many alarms to set.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone :-)

On 10/4/2016 at 11:24 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello there rostalof. What part of the west are you from? My parents are from Valentia Island and Portmagee.

Good luck with the tickets this year. :)

I'm further north, Mayo/Sligo area. I was in Kerry last week, the rain was biblical!

Hello! I've read this forum keenly over the years but never contributed... But now is the time!

I'm based in Cheltenham and have been lucky enough to manage to get tickets in the 'lottery' in 2015 & 2015, here's hoping third time's a charm.

I've been going to festivals since 2002, at least one a year, but late on the Glastonbury ting. Mainly because (stupidly) I thought it was over hyped and thought "It can't be THAT good". Well, we went in 2014, and, yep, it was. 

Good luck to all for tomorrow!

JX

Hi my name is Andreia, and I'm a member here since 2013, my first Glastonbury experience. I think i bought my wheelie boots here in 2013. Anyway I came back yesterday to get some tips and also help in getting tickets, fortunately I didn't need any help, I managed to get  tickets. I'm still over the moon.. :)

Hi, been watching and following the highs and lows of efesters for the last 2 1/2 years. Been to Glastonbury for the last 2 years. 2015, cracked it in the first 5 minutes in October 2014 sale and cried like a baby when I didn't do a repeat October 2015. Lucky in the resales 2016 and completely lucked out today (gutted). Go with husband and 2 kids (12 and 16). We all have the bug. Felt like the right time to finally join.

Hi! My name is Ben and I've been lurking around the forums here for the last year or so. Going to my first Glasto now in 2017 which im buzzing about! been to alot of smaller festivals in my life but nothing that comes close to Glasto so can't wait to fly in from Norway and experience the best festival in the world when the end of june comes around! :)

Actually been lurking here on an old account since 2003 - got caught up in all the secret resale madness earlier this year. thought I'd start fresh and actually join in this time... 

Been to most glastos since 2004 with a couple of gaps here and there - missed out on the last 2 years though through not being able to get tickets so have been buzzin all day since managing to get tickets for next year, can't wait to be back!!

Edited by bonbonbonbons

Hey! 

Joining after securing tickets today but still trying on the resale for a couple of people who missed out.

Been three times now, fourth coming up in 2017, but hoping to be successful again for others in any resale/secret sale :)

Looking forward to contributing around here to really start building the excitement towards Glasto 2017!

First went in 1999, had a bit of a mare as our stuff got nicked and a friend freaked out (drugs are bad mmmkay).  Never wanted to go back till watching the highlights on the BBC got too much,  got tickets in 2014 and had a ball, wish I'd got back sooner.  Missed out 2015, didn't try last year due to 2 young children,  got tickets for next year and can't wait!

Hi! Yesterday I've managed to get a ticket for the 1st time in a spontaneous decision, so basically I hope to manage to get some for friends at the resale :)

Oh, I'm from Israel, haven't seen here Israelis so far, I think, but I'll be happy to meet new people, wherever they come from :)

• Upvote 1

HELLO ALL!

Been lurking on here for years- always check this forum in the run up to Glastonbury for people's recommendations for packing/acts etc.

Gutted to say I didn't manage a ticket yesterday but thought i'd join up to wallow in Glastonbury chat/self pity.

Remaining quietly confident for April. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Nimrod said:

Hi! Yesterday I've managed to get a ticket for the 1st time in a spontaneous decision, so basically I hope to manage to get some for friends at the resale :)

Oh, I'm from Israel, haven't seen here Israelis so far, I think, but I'll be happy to meet new people, wherever they come from :)

Hey Nimroad welcome to the forum! I lived in Haifa for a year and had an amazing time in Israel, life changing really, hope to meet you at the efestivals meet up next year!

• Upvote 1