new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi,  I'm Steve. Aged 63 (no,  really), and this will be my third Glasto . My kids took me for the first time in 2013, the Stones year,  and I loved it. I managed to get a single coach ticket in the resale, and have been contemplating going on my own,  but luckily my son and his wife picked up tickets in the normal resale,  so I'll have somebody to hang around with. Still hoping to get the rest of the family in via the secret resale, but it sounds pretty unlikely. Love this site

1 hour ago, Friend Chicken said:

Might as well come in here and say hello...Coachella junkie from California, desperately wanting to do Glasto this year, and thinking about Primavera next year. Fingers crossed for the secret sale! 

- David

Straight in from left field to a secret resale.  I admire your ambition. 

Hi all, I'm Andy, 36 from Cambridgeshire, been browsing/lurking in these forums for a few months since getting tickets for this year. Thought it would be cool to jump in and get involved. This will be my 3rd Glasto - not been since 1999 though! So sure somethings have changed since. Will be going with my wife (1st time) and a few of her friends. Can't wait for the experience again half a lifetime later!

I am a newbie too! My last Glastonbury was in the 1990's! I remember casually turning up & using very dubious means of getting in which you could never imagine! It was always muddy though, always mad, always fab. Anyway after a long period of being overseas and raising young kids I AM BACK. We have managed to get to a few local festivals over the last few years - V Festival as it's close to home, Isle of Wight last year with a bunch of mates, some family friendly festivals including the under mentioned in festival circles Carfest which has a fab atmosphere, great for kids and some really diverse things going on. It's definitely now time to revisit Glastonbury with the 3 kids in tow who now love their own music.

We managed to get tickets in the first sale in October...sort of......my husband, 3 kids, various friends we were getting tickets for.......but not me.......for some unexplainable reason my lovely husband managed to miss out MY registration so at the mo I am the only one NOT GOING. We even have a campervan pass bought! I am now desperate as you can imagine - no joy in the ressale....am begging Seetickets to tell me if there will be a limited resale v soon. They did say that they have had 100's of refunds issued every day last week so surely they will have enough to go back on sale. Wish me luck! I (PS my husband does love me! He doesn't want to go without me...it was a genuine mistake in the chaos of the booking.....)

Hi all! I'm Jessi, and I'm a new poster, long time lurker! This will be my 9th Glastonbury, and as always I'm so excited! I usually discuss Glasto on twitter with the lovely #twisto bunch but as I started a festival blog this year a lot of people said I should start posting here too! I'm hoping to come to the meet up on Wednesday, I just can't wait to be back in Pilton's hallowed fields. We usually camp in Big Ground with an Ainsley Harriott flag. Looking forward to meeting you all! xx

Hi, 

I have finally signed up to these forums after 4 and a bit years of lurking, checking the announcement threads on a daily basis and in general enjoying the forum.

This year will be my 5th Glastonbury and I am extremely excited. We normally camp in Oxlyers and have a "Bring back Dave" flag. This originally started because our mate Dave who went the first year our gang went (year the rolling stones played) decided not to attend the year after. This kind of morphed into a bring back Dave Grohl flag the year after and last year a few people angrily reacted to the flag thinking it meant bring back David Cameron after last years brexit result, which I can ensure you was not the case!

Anyway really glad I have signed up to the forums now, less than 50 days! I can't wait!

• Upvote 1

I've been lurking for a few months now, figured I should properly say hi!

This year will be my second trip to the farm, after failing in 2015 but getting to go last year. Despite being excited to go last year I was really unsure how I'd find it all, being my first festival (also, coping with all the boozing) but I held it together and can honestly say it was one of the greatest weeks/moments of my life. The amount of stuff do at Glastonbury is staggering, I felt like I saw about 10% of the place first time round. The people I go with really make it all the more special too.

Can't wait to do it all again :)  

Hi all

First timer here, looking to get in the mood and in the know by scouring the forum.

Been trying for a few years now, but failed every time, so have bitten the bullet and purchased hospitality tickets from windinglake (sorry!)

Would apprecaite any tips and how to get lucky in the general sales for future years. i notice people who've been every year for decades and wonder how its done!

Hi People,

I am 28 and this will be my 9th Glasto (I have been to the last 8).

I have visited this site and forum over many years. It has been a great resource so decided i should sign up and give back if possible.

Don't hesitate to give me a shout with any Glasto related questions, i will do my best.

Hello and welcome all newcomers :D.

Don't forget the introduction is only the start - join in on the rest of the mayhem as you wish; there really isn't anything to fear - even Russy's kind to anyone with less than 100 (or so) posts, so you're (likely) safe for a good while yet! 

You've joined in when it's likely that not so many people will look in here.   The secret resales stuff is reaching it's painful fever pitch and then we'll have the main announcement and the stage splits/timings to get (over) excited about .... and then there are the weather, the state of the ground, the coach times and the has your ticket been delivered yet threads.  Don't feel ignored - get involved! 

And if you don't get involved, have an amazing festival.  

• Upvote 3

Hey

I've lurked for about 2 years now and only just felt the need to sign up, this will enable me to continue to be productive at work. ;)

This Glasto will be my 2nd in a row and look forward to it being a recurring theme, though my wallet will be glad to have a year off!

I've probably conversed with many of you on twitter: @mrmjprice :)

Helloooooo. Richards the name but i've always been referred to as Blogs. No, I don't know why, just how it is. I've been to Glastonbury more times than I can remember and plenty of times when I can't remember. Including the times when the fence was an easy run and jump and run. And also when it was a climb and run. And also when it was DIG and run. The benefits of living reasonably local I guess. Apologies to those who deem the behaviour of the younger me as criminal or maybe a tad anti-social. I was young and skint and had to go,  As you may of guessed I'm far to grown up now to enter Festival by any means other than as a paying punter, even abandoning tents in favour of caravan. As my first Glastonburys were attended with nothing but the clothes I was wearing I feel justified in now arriving in relative luxury. Been stalking E Festivals site for years and benefitting from top tips so it's pay back time. Play nice. :P

18 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

I've been to Glastonbury more times than I can remember and plenty of times when I can't remember. Including the times when the fence was an easy run and jump and run. And also when it was a climb and run. And also when it was DIG and run. The benefits of living reasonably local I guess. Apologies to those who deem the behaviour of the younger me as criminal or maybe a tad anti-social. I was young and skint and had to go,  As you may of guessed I'm far to grown up now to enter Festival by any means other than as a paying punter, even abandoning tents in favour of caravan. As my first Glastonburys were attended with nothing but the clothes I was wearing I feel justified in now arriving in relative luxury. Been stalking E Festivals site for years and benefitting from top tips so it's pay back time. Play nice. :P

Hi Efests, 

I'm lees23 - spent the last few weeks lurking but enjoying the threads. decided to jump in :)

Went to Glastonbury in 94, 97, 98 and then 2013 - in the 90's we'd just get the tickets from a local record store (ripped out of a book) for £65 and get miffed off about the massive amount of people walking through the fence, the security was hilariously bad. skip to 2013 (kids in the hiatus) and the site had massively changed. still amazing and luckily I've bagged tickets for 2017

In my spare time I'm a guitarist for a fantastically heavy band called 'Dientes' (Spanish for the 'the teeth' -  look up us we rock). run OCR races (so not arsed about mud in the slightest) and a dad to 2 fantastic teenage kids (No they're not coming with me - my parents only took me to wales as a kid, they can stump up for their own hedonistic whims when they move out and get a job!!!!!!!)

cheers

lees