new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi I'm Simon

Been spending/wasting countless hours reading this forum for a few years now but never posted until today.

This will be my 3rd Glastonbury after 2014 and 2015. Highlight so far was Arcade Fire but I have a feeling that Radiohead might top that this year. Very excited to see The National added yesterday as well.

Thanks to all the long time posters for all the info, tips and entertainment for the other 360 days of every year!

On 2017-03-29 at 2:40 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

OK, will do. It started with the journey down to Stanstead which followed an all nighter. I was travelling with my then girlfriend (although one could easily substitute sociopath for girlfriend) and was drinking and snorting on the way to the airport from Birmingham. We arrived at the airport and I was more than a little bit drunk. On our way in to the airport I thought to myself 'where am I going to put all these wraps of coke that I'd bought and which were in my wallet'? Then I just thought 'fuck it, they can stay in my wallet'.

When we both got to check in something amazing happened, and it took place in this order;

(1) The check in staff informed us that the tickets that I had handed to them were for a flight that took place the previous day.

(2) My then girlfriend went in to a shouting, balling, and unforgiving rage at me. It just went on and on until she stormed off to another part of the airport. I looked up at the check in staff, who had witnessed this onslaught in front of them, and guess what they said? They said that it was no problem and that we could fly on that days flight as there were spare places on it. Not only that but they obviously took pity on me and said that they'd do it for free (it ain't often they do that).

(3) I then managed to get my girlfriend back to check in and they checked us in. I had wanted to get the ladies behind the check in some flowers, but to do that would have set her indoors off again, so I couldn't.

After this we then went to go through security. As I was a bit shaken from my girlfriends bollocking and being the worse for wear, I actually forgot to put my wallet in to one of them plastic bin things. This meant that when I walked through the x ray scanner, it went off and an alarm sounded. It was then that I realised that I still had my wallet in my pocket, and that it contained a lot of cocaine. When the security bloke came up to me I said ' It's because I've left my wallet in my pocket'. He then asked me to take it out of my pocket and hand it to him, which I did. I thought that was it, that this is the point I get publicly arrested in an airport. There was no way, as in at all, that he wouldn't see the coke wraps as there was quite a few of them. However, he didn't look in to the wallet! No, instead, he unfolded the wallet and gently bent it along the whole length of the seam. He then handed it back to me and said that he had just been looking to see if I had a blade in there. So, I walked through putting my wallet in my back pocket as I did so, and then heard an 'excuse me sir, do you mind following me'? Once again, I thought my goose was cooked. However, it just turned out to be another security guard who wanted me to take my boots off (it wasn't compulsory to do so then as it is now) because I had quite thick soles on my boots, and he wanted to check that I hadn't stashed anything in the soles etc. Then he let me on my way.

Now you see why I was reluctant to go in to it, because it involves a fair bit of writing.

PS - I've done something as stupid again since, although this time it was my wife that was carrying about £800 worth of methedrone in her carry on luggage. There's another story there too, but I'll stop there for now. :)

Wow, great story!Thank you- you have an exciting life and are a good writer!

3 hours ago, Chawk said:

Wow, great story!Thank you- you have an exciting life and are a good writer!

Hello Chawk,

Thank you for those kind comments. To be honest I thought that everybody did what I have done. It's only as a result of writing on here and getting responses that I realise that that is not the case. The thing is, my mates have all done similar stuff too, if not more, so I guess that instills familiarity. 

Hello long time reader of the forum and actually I think I have another log in but forgot what it was :huh: this will be my tenth Glastonbury since 1995, the tenth anniversary of my honeymoon there in 2007 and also my 40th birthday celebrations, so it's going to be even more of a cracker than usual! Delighted with the lineup so far, the headliners on either stages not normally my bag but have counted about 25 I would like to see already... hello everyone! Bring on June

Completely missed this one.

Hi folks, I'm Vlad. Been lurking around for a while and posting once or twice here and tehre but hoping to become a part of your lovely family from now on :) Second time Glastonbury for me with my first being last year. Highlight was Adele for several reasons - meeting lovely girls during the set, being well lubricated and then having to entertain a friend of mine with a drunken rendition of Milkshake by Kelis. ZZ Top are also up there.

Hopefully see you all there for a drink or two!

On 28/03/2017 at 5:03 AM, weeJen said:

Hi all, I'm Jen. I'm a Long Time Lurker (my profile says I've been a member since 2005, yet this is my first post!)

I've been to Glasto once, back in 2009, so this year will be my second foray into the unknown. This year I'm flying solo from Scotland. I'm a bit apprehensive, but hope to nestle myself in Darble with the other Soloists!

I'm a big Foo fan, but other than that, hope to meander the site from area to area, catching the performance arts and soaking in the atmosphere. 

I enjoy reading the forum, some of you are hilarious! and I hope to meet up with a few fellow e-fest posters at the Wednesday meet. I'll keep my eyes peeled and now return to the shadows where I've been gathering dust for 12 years...

Hello wee Jen 

welcome , great avatar 

1 hour ago, weeJen said:

Thanks for the welcome shuttlep. Frankly, I am in awe of your avatar!  

Id insert the heart-eye'd cat emoji, but the forum won't allow me to :(

You had me at cat eyed emoji

im off to start a petition to get them installed 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, weeJen said:

Thanks for the welcome shuttlep. Frankly, I am in awe of your avatar!  

Id insert the heart-eye'd cat emoji, but the forum won't allow me to :(

Interesting fact: @shuttlep hates his music, but will be there to watch Thundercat on general principle.

Good morning!

I'm Jack and I've been sneaking on these forums/rumour pages for about 10 years now! I even remember the old format of this site. I thought it is finally time for me to just join the forum!

I'm a bit of a Glasto obsessive as my family have been going since the mid 80's. So I got dragged along when I was 12 (2005) and haven't missed a year since! We have grown as a Glasto group from 5 people in 2005, to getting 72 tickets for 2017! These are all family, friends & friends of friends! We reside on big ground every year and last year had the classic yellow smiley face flag, with a Game Of Thrones Stark flag underneath! (Come and find us and say hello)

Cant wait to see you all on the farm!

Hi! 

This year will be my third Glastonbury and the one I'm possibly the most excited for. The first year I worked the festival and absolutely fell in love with it, and last year I had to beg borrow and steal to get the time off to attend. This year I'm going with my family, boyfriend and a big group of friends. The family are all first timers so I can't wait to see their faces.

I'm an embarrassingly long time lurker, I have a super stressful job so I chill on the commute every day by reading this forum and imagining myself back on the Farm :rolleyes: 

See you all there!

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

ooo, that's quite old. That version existed from somewhere around 2002 until about 2006, at a guess.

Jeez well I appear to have been using efestivals for longer than I remember then. Either way its been my bible for a long time so thank you!

Hey gang, new here too.

This'll be my first Glastonbury and im struggling to contain the excitement!  A friend recommended efests and ive been lurking for the last week, obsessively following pretty much everything you all say.

Cheers, belatedly, for all the help and wisdom that i've been attempting to absorb! :thumbsu:

So yeah...hi!

I've been reading this forum almost every day since hearing about it when I got a ticket. Going with ten mates but I thought I should talk to a load of people I don't know on the internet about it instead! My first time this year, cannot wait!

1 hour ago, Graf21 said:

I've been reading this forum almost every day since hearing about it when I got a ticket. Going with ten mates but I thought I should talk to a load of people I don't know on the internet about it instead! My first time this year, cannot wait!

I'm so excited for you, the first time is the best, you have no idea, wishIng you a fantastic festival. 
Charm x

Hi !

I'm Marie, 25yo and I'm French. I went to glastonbury in 2010 and that was the best festival I ever went to!!!!

Every year I want to go back but every year nobody can go with me, because they dont have the budget or can't get holidays.
I was wondering if anyone is also alone to go and if I could go with somebody... Because I won't go there alone..

Thank you so much :) !

Edited by Marie Dewet