new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi all,

I've been an avid reader on here for a few years but never had the guts to actually post... 

But after the events of last week (failed in both sales, having been successful in October for the last 3 years), i need to get involved and commiserate with other people who get how special Glastonbury is, and will understand why i'm so gutted. I'm not giving up though, and am determined to make it there somehow, be it in the resale or working. I could end up going solo, so would be nice to come to the meet having spoken to some people on here first!

Hello all. 

Been reading this forum for a few years now and after managing to get a ticket last weekend for my sixth festival I thought it was time to join you all here. 

To those who haven't got tickets, don't give up trying. I was lucky enough to get one in the secret resale last year 6 weeks before the festival. Best feeling ever. 

Hello all.

Been going to Glastonbury for years, I've had a look on here once or twice during this time but this year I've decided, after managing to acquire tickets in the Sunday sale to get involved.

You'd think after being to Glasto 7 times I might of grown up a bit but no, I was still jumping about like a lunatic when I got confirmation of purchase of next years ticket.

Also, got a Glasto virgin coming with us this year as well, which I feel always adds a bit more excitement to the trip.

Look forward to reading peoples views on the 2017 festival.

Hi!

Long time lurker of all the forums but, after 7 years of no luck trying to get tickets, next year will be my first time. So I've decided to join up!

Previously done Leeds 5 times, 2000 trees once and Y Not once. Looking forward to every one of them being eclipsed next year by Glastonbury!

:)

Hi, after 3years of trying I've finally got tickets. Yayyyy me!!!I've never been to a festival and worse I've never been camping. I don't even know how to camp. I'm still getting over the fact that I've some how to put up a tent. I'm more than likely going on my own so I'm apologising in advance for all the stupid questions I'm going ask. 

Hi All!

Another long time lurker here! I've found this forum so helpful over the years so thought it was finally time to contribute. Been to every Glastonbury since 2009, other than this year when my friends and I failed to get tickets in the main sale, resale and secret resales :( It was a tough year but we booked a holiday instead so we were out of the country that week!

So happy to have been successful last week. First time ever going by coach! So will be reading up on all the coach tips in the coming months.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoBeh said:

Hi All!

Another long time lurker here! I've found this forum so helpful over the years so thought it was finally time to contribute. Been to every Glastonbury since 2009, other than this year when my friends and I failed to get tickets in the main sale, resale and secret resales :( It was a tough year but we booked a holiday instead so we were out of the country that week!

So happy to have been successful last week. First time ever going by coach! So will be reading up on all the coach tips in the coming months.

I'm one of the friends mentioned above and longtime efests lurking partner! 

Not going to the festival this year was really tough, and we've both missed being able to go anywhere near the forum (we enforced a Glastonbury-related blanket ban online!) so much we thought it was time to finally bite the bullet and join in! 

So glad to be going back to Worthy Farm, can't wait to get stuck into lists and organisation again :D

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2016 at 11:18 PM, HansGruber said:

Evening All

Same as a few people I've been lurking since I didn't get tickets for the 2015 festival, I've been lucky to get tickets for 2016 and got lucky yesterday so thought it would be an ideal time to sign up.

And in June 2017 you'll be sitting in the Pyramid field earning twenty percent...

Hi!! :D

I started lurking in the run up to this years festival and started reading again after getting tickets for the third time on Sunday to continue my 'It feels like Christmas, I can't believe I got tickets' buzz. 

Looking forward to chatting with you all, and maybe attending the efests meet! 

Pops ^_^ x

Hello, been a lurker checking the site out but now diving in. My first time at Glastonbury last year desperate to go back now, tried for tickets but didn't get a look in, I'll try again in the resales.

Had a great time last year, despite mud, can't wait for April to try again

Hello there,  just love these forums for Glastonbury, have picked up so much information over the years.  Managed to get tickets on the Sunday sale after missing out last year so well happy, be my 4th .. I was at the infamous 2007 ..it was my first Glasto and afraid it put me off til 2014 when after re-registering I chickened out again but of all the lists printed for our group which I asked to be deleted from one got missed and that group member got me a ticket! .. decided it was fate and went and had the absolute best time of my life! Wish I had started going to festivals when I was younger but have made up for it since with lots of local festivals and hope to be going to Glastonbury for a few more years yet!

Hello, been visiting the forum for a few years now, got my first Glasto ticket last year and also managed to bag tickets again this year. Decided I'd join up to the forum and take part in discusssions, looking forward to glasto again this year

Hi guys, 

Been lurking on here for a while, but it's gotten a bit excessive since getting a ticket for my 5th Glasto on Sunday. So I figured now was as good a time as any to get an account.

Went to my first ever festival (and first ever Glasto) in 2008 and found myself fully bitten by the festival bug - attending 2/3 a year without fail since. 

Looking forward to returning to the farm in June! 

Greetings earthlings,

I've been lurking this forum since luckily getting coach tickets for 2017, quietly getting far too excited far too early. 

Went to my first glasto in 2014 and again in 2015. Absolutely phenomenal both times, far better than those rubbish festivals they have in the Alpha Centauri system. Gave 2016 a miss but realised I missed it too much and I've come flying back.

Really hoping for a Daft Punk appearance, that's the dream!

Peace!

1 hour ago, alien said:

Greetings earthlings,

I've been lurking this forum since luckily getting coach tickets for 2017, quietly getting far too excited far too early. 

Went to my first glasto in 2014 and again in 2015. Absolutely phenomenal both times, far better than those rubbish festivals they have in the Alpha Centauri system. Gave 2016 a miss but realised I missed it too much and I've come flying back.

Really hoping for a Daft Punk appearance, that's the dream!

Peace!

Image result for welcome

On 13/10/2016 at 7:27 PM, LouMas40 said:

Hi there, 

Just joined efestivals after years of just reading... About to embark on Glastonbury no 4 in 2017. 

Looking forward to chatting with you all :rolleyes:

Lou :lol:

Welcome fellow Scot - who is also going to their 4th Glasto next year :)

Welcome to everyone else as well B), the more the merrier

• Upvote 1

I was once a big deal on the official Glasto site's old message board. I had many leather bounds books, and my apartment smelled of rich pear cider. And then I gambled it all away. Actually, I moved to America and got married, and convinced him to come to Glastonbury with me and see why I love it so much.

And then we spent an hour of fruitless F5ing at 4 in the morning (Eastern time) and never got a booking page. So now I'm creeping for resales. 

Oh, and we've already booked transatlantic flights and a nice tent in Tangerine Fields. So, err, I'm not able to accept no as an answer. We're going.

34 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I was once a big deal on the official Glasto site's old message board. I had many leather bounds books, and my apartment smelled of rich pear cider. And then I gambled it all away. Actually, I moved to America and got married, and convinced him to come to Glastonbury with me and see why I love it so much.

And then we spent an hour of fruitless F5ing at 4 in the morning (Eastern time) and never got a booking page. So now I'm creeping for resales. 

Oh, and we've already booked transatlantic flights and a nice tent in Tangerine Fields. So, err, I'm not able to accept no as an answer. We're going.

That's the right attitude. Wishing you well in the re-sales. Don't forget the Secret re-sales.