new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

15 hours ago, abiwish said:

Hi I'm abi! First joined in on the forum on sunday and have been avidly posting/following the secret resale thread since. Managed to get a ticket in the resale today (eek!), which will be my 2nd glasto. Went for the first time with family last year and going with my boyfriend this time, beyond excited :D

You lucky lucky lady! Welcome. Has your BF been before? Showing new people around the site has to be one of my fave parts of the fest.

14 hours ago, ][nfil said:

Hi All, 

Long time lucker on these forums and seasoned veteran at glastonbury having been to the last 5 festivals and counting down the days until the 6th! Love the community spirit and camaraderie on these forums so thought it was time to finally get involved and make an active contribution, as you can really feel the glastonbury spirit around these parts, that should be more common in day to day life.

Peace, Tom

Hi Tom, welcome. I think it's my 6th or 7th in a row this year, so similar to me.

19 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

another long time lurker finally got a login.....

the 95 in my username is unfortunately not my year of birth, but the first glasto I went to (volunteered on the gates with oxfam), this year will be my 5th.  Slightly addicted to the webcam feed at the moment.... it is distracting me from a really crappy time at work.

Hi Kay. The webcam feed is just the start. Soon you'll be addicted to studying be the clashes, then the weather, then the secret sets...it never ends! Welcome.

Hello. I'm new here. I've been a bit obsessed with Glastonbury ever since 1994, watching on Channel 4 when the Levellers headlined the Pyramid in front of the biggest crowd of people I'd ever seen. Always watched the coverage since then, but last year was the first time I actually made it there in person.

This year, we were lucky again and I'm dragging my wife along with me.

This forum has provided plenty of good recommendations and more meteorological knowledge than is entirely healthy. It would be good to try and contribute.

21 hours ago, big__phil said:

You lucky lucky lady! Welcome. Has your BF been before? Showing new people around the site has to be one of my fave parts of the fest.

Yeh we both went for the first time last year but totally by coincidence, he went with friends though and I went with family. But looking forward to being able to experience the after-dark stuff more this year as I'm not with family, who didn't want to last year! 

On 12 May 2016 at 8:29 PM, abiwish said:

Hi I'm abi! First joined in on the forum on sunday and have been avidly posting/following the secret resale thread since. Managed to get a ticket in the resale today (eek!), which will be my 2nd glasto. Went for the first time with family last year and going with my boyfriend this time, beyond excited :D

Well done you on getting a ticket . It was over so fast 

32 minutes ago, abiwish said:

Thanks!! Yeh I was glued to my laptop for 4 days, got absolutely nothing done haha, so I was very very happy my efforts were rewarded

i was glued to mine, (fgetting tickets for Friends)

took my attention away for half an hour and missed it 

was so gutted, then realized I actually have a ticket 

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i was glued to mine, (fgetting tickets for Friends)

took my attention away for half an hour and missed it 

was so gutted, then realized I actually have a ticket 

ah god that's so crap, good of you to try so hard for friends though! It took me a long time to trust that I'd actually bought a ticket hahah, couldn't believe it at first

Hi there,

Veteran festival goer here, was involved at Glastonbury in the 90s now back in the area and local to Pilton this year will be taking  advantage of the possibilities that living in the  area offers as far as going to the festival.

Great to see the excitement and activity levels rising around the site and across the area with as everyone gears  up for the big event.

Looking forward to this years festival and taking part on this forum.

Edited by RickW
Didn't make sense at all!

Hi!

I've been mostly lurking for about 3 years (shameful I know!) but have decided to join in as I seem to be spending all my time on here in the run up to June anyway.

This will be my third Glastonbury (2013, 2015) and I'm a bit of a late bloomer to the festival, however I have never looked back since going and absolutely love the place. I do go to some small local festivals but I save myself (and my pennies) for Glastonbury now. ^_^

11 hours ago, Larraht said:

Hi!

I've been mostly lurking for about 3 years (shameful I know!) but have decided to join in as I seem to be spending all my time on here in the run up to June anyway.

This will be my third Glastonbury (2013, 2015) and I'm a bit of a late bloomer to the festival, however I have never looked back since going and absolutely love the place. I do go to some small local festivals but I save myself (and my pennies) for Glastonbury now. ^_^

welcome long time lurker.

hope to see you at the meet. we don't bite

Long time lurker here too but decided to join in the fun since I spend a lot of time in here. Will be my third glastonbury in a row this year and all 3 times have got tickets in the resale!

Massively excited for the 22nd of June!

4 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Long time lurker here too but decided to join in the fun since I spend a lot of time in here. Will be my third glastonbury in a row this year and all 3 times have got tickets in the resale!

Massively excited for the 22nd of June!

crazy skills getting tickets in the re sale., 

I am coming to you if i don;t get one next year

Hmm. We'll I'm not exactly new here, I've been an efests Member since 2003! But I've been absent from these shores for quite a while due to becoming a daddy a few years ago and having to also become sensible for a while... But not this year I'm returning to Glastonbury! 

So one old guy festie veteran,14th Glastonbury this year, saying hello again to anyone who remembers me. What's changed since 2009!?!

Hi Everyone,

I've been a lurking member since 2008, and have managed to get tickets a couple of times thanks to the info on here - checkpage.co.uk and links straight through to the registration entry pages (although that's going back a while). So massive thanks to everyone who has been posting and actively helping people get tickets for years - it really is greatly appreciated in those dark ticketless hours!

I'm also pretty addicted to the Line-up rumours page from January onwards.

My first Glastonbury was the mudfest that was 1997, and i've been to every one since then.
After having well and truly done my time in the queues at 5am, pulling the trolley through mud and lugging other peoples tent's we have finally bought our first camper van!

I've been avidly reading all the campervan threads, and i'm excited all over again to be experiencing my favourite place on the planet from a whole new perspective! The vibe on Tuesday night in the CV fields sounds ace and it feels like i've gained an extra day at Glasto!

After getting tickets for friends in the secret resale this year, I have decided to become active on this forum to return the favour. Look forward to chatting to you all soon.

11 hours ago, Granty said:

Hmm. We'll I'm not exactly new here, I've been an efests Member since 2003! But I've been absent from these shores for quite a while due to becoming a daddy a few years ago and having to also become sensible for a while... But not this year I'm returning to Glastonbury! 

So one old guy festie veteran,14th Glastonbury this year, saying hello again to anyone who remembers me. What's changed since 2009!?!

hey granty, I remember you.

It sounds like what's changed the most since 2009 is you. Welcome (a bit late of me, but never mind) to fatherhood. :)

Morning all, I've been snaffling all the info off here since we got tickets last year, although I did post a bit on the reading boards a decade or so ago (now where's my dancing man t shirt gone?). 

I've fancied Glastonbury since doing the first few Glade Festivals but got waylaid by cheaper small festivals and all inclusive weeks in the sun for the same price as being rained out in a field. 

We've ended up buying a trailer tent for the festival, after being let down by  a couple of people who'd offered us loans of thier campers, so we'll be in with some snake catcher scrumpy on the Tuesday. 

Hello. Linda here. This will be about my 12th Glastonbury and I'm as excited as ever! Unfortunately, two of my friends can't make it and I now have a two-man pre-erected tent at Worthy View to sell. The camp site has hot showers, a place to dry your hair, charge your phone, security, a bar etc. I don't want to make money on it - the face value is £225. I also have a spare car parking ticket to sell - also face value at £35. Let me know if you are interested. 

6 hours ago, Lostnotfound said:

Morning all, I've been snaffling all the info off here since we got tickets last year, although I did post a bit on the reading boards a decade or so ago (now where's my dancing man t shirt gone?). 

I've fancied Glastonbury since doing the first few Glade Festivals but got waylaid by cheaper small festivals and all inclusive weeks in the sun for the same price as being rained out in a field. 

We've ended up buying a trailer tent for the festival, after being let down by  a couple of people who'd offered us loans of thier campers, so we'll be in with some snake catcher scrumpy on the Tuesday. 

welcome , i am sure your trailer tent will still be better than my pop up thing from argos

16 minutes ago, Linda Walsh said:

Hello. Linda here. This will be about my 12th Glastonbury and I'm as excited as ever! Unfortunately, two of my friends can't make it and I now have a two-man pre-erected tent at Worthy View to sell. The camp site has hot showers, a place to dry your hair, charge your phone, security, a bar etc. I don't want to make money on it - the face value is £225. I also have a spare car parking ticket to sell - also face value at £35. Let me know if you are interested. 

Linda walsh the price is right come on down

(i already have my pop up Argos tent (pink if you need to know) but nice of you to sell it and not make a profit . there are some shady people out there

• Upvote 1

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 8:00 AM, eFestivals said:

hey granty, I remember you.

It sounds like what's changed the most since 2009 is you. Welcome (a bit late of me, but never mind) to fatherhood. :)

Ha ha I suspect you are right! Well as few years away from the old place may help me to discover it all afresh! See you at the meeting then!

Hi, Darren from Swindon

Finally made the decision that it's about time I started contributing, feels like I've been cheating by lurking for so long. This year will be number 8 at Glastonbury for me, many many great moments and I suppose I have to admit to this festival consuming my life in what is probably a very unhealthy way.

I just want to pay tribute to the posters and contributors to this site, it is no doubt the best around for festivals and has widened my eyes open to many acts that I would not have even considered seeing without you.

Needless to say I hope this year is as good as ever for everyone and I look forward to playing more of an active role in the future and giving something back to the community. NFRNFC!

Afternoon,

I'm Emily i've done a few posts but i really enjoy reading all the threads and looking at the forum has become part of my routine now! So i thought it was time i intoduced myself. My first glasto was in 2011 and my last was 2014 and its allways been the highlight of my year; so many hazy memories, i love it! I have tickets for this year and have been giddy ever sinse we got the tickets. Not long to go :D