new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

You shouldn't feel guilty about liking anything ( legal. )

Is this still an introduce yourself thread? Jumped to the end and its all about Lilly Allen so not sure if I'm gate-crashing the wrong room at a party but I'm a bit tipsy so I'll go with it . Dan. Lurked for years (since at least 2007 cos I remember reading the rumours and vaguely planning who to see until the endless recreation of Noah that no one listed anywhere but I was taking part in anyway and trying a 'herbal acid' from a proper stall and everything before having to spend 28hours in my tent cos I was convinced I was dead and the tent was a two mile tunnel. Definitley the wrong year to first bring my kids.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, danmarks said:

You shouldn't feel guilty about liking anything ( legal. )

Is this still an introduce yourself thread? Jumped to the end and its all about Lilly Allen so not sure if I'm gate-crashing the wrong room at a party but I'm a bit tipsy so I'll go with it . Dan. Lurked for years (since at least 2007 cos I remember reading the rumours and vaguely planning who to see until the endless recreation of Noah that no one listed anywhere but I was taking part in anyway and trying a 'herbal acid' from a proper stall and everything before having to spend 28hours in my tent cos I was convinced I was dead and the tent was a two mile tunnel. Definitley the wrong year to first bring my kids.

Hi Dan. Welocome.  I'm a little bit drunk and struggling to make sense of your post. Um, sorry you had a bad time on acid. I assume the kids are ok, little people are quite good at just accepting stuff for what it is? 

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking since my first Glastonbury in 2013 been to every festival since and I like camping on Hitchin Hill (as my name may suggest)! I always get tempted to post but feel like an outsider so I'm glad this thread exists :) So far I'm most excited for CHVRCHES, Muse, and Wolf Alice but largely try and avoid having a laundry list of acts to see. Looking forward to this year's festival and hopefully posting more on the forums! :D 

Edited by BitchinHill
  • Upvote 1

On 29/04/2016 at 0:31 AM, danmarks said:

trying a 'herbal acid' from a proper stall and everything before having to spend 28hours in my tent cos I was convinced I was dead and the tent was a two mile tunnel. Definitley the wrong year to first bring my kids.

Excellent introductory post.

21 hours ago, BitchinHill said:

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking since my first Glastonbury in 2013 been to every festival since and I like camping on Hitchin Hill (as my name may suggest)! I always get tempted to post but feel like an outsider so I'm glad this thread exists :) So far I'm most excited for CHVRCHES, Muse, and Wolf Alice but largely try and avoid having a laundry list of acts to see. Looking forward to this year's festival and hopefully posting more on the forums! :D 

you will fit in Well

• Upvote 1

I guess i'm relatively new here, I've always lurked to see line up rumours for various festivals but never posted. This year will be my 6th Glastonbury, in previous years I've enjoyed partaking in various mind altering substances but this year my girlfriend is coming as she blagged it off work as a school teacher, so its best behaviour this year :wacko:

Anyway, about me, I'm 34, from Leeds and some of my favourite bands are Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, Foals, The Libertines and The Cribs. NOT Radiohead....sorry. I love old school rap, none of this new Drake-esque bollocks. Nas and MF DOOM are the GOAT's.

This year I'm looking forward to Kurt Vile, Foals, Beck, Mystery Jets, LCD, New Order, Stormzy, Skepta, Art Garfunkel, Jeff Lynne, ZZ Top and Mac Demarco :D....I'm hoping to bump in to Emily over the weekend as I feel we need a sit down talk over the lack of Tame Impala this year!

Are you going to Glastonbury this year? Do you want to be in a film? This year a film crew will be heading to Shangri-La to finish a documentary about the festival that's been shot over 12 years. They're offering a few lucky people the opportunity to share their own personal stories on camera. Alongside Fatboy Slim, Keith Allen and Madness. You can check out the full details and promo vid on their Kickstarter page here http://kck.st/1Y4UrN6

Joined Efests today after reading an old thread and deciding I wanted to contribute, I've been lurking since early last year after discovering the site as part of my pre-Glastonbury 2015 anticipation, my first was 2014 and I'm thankfully one of the lucky golden ticket holders for this year, which will be my third. If last year is anything to go by I will now be on this site everyday until arrival Wednesday ^_^

2 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Joined Efests today after reading an old thread and deciding I wanted to contribute, I've been lurking since early last year after discovering the site as part of my pre-Glastonbury 2015 anticipation, my first was 2014 and I'm thankfully one of the lucky golden ticket holders for this year, which will be my third. If last year is anything to go by I will now be on this site everyday until arrival Wednesday ^_^

Welcome buddy, nothing wrong with being on this site every day, otherwise you never know what you might miss! I pretty much skipped 24 hours yesterday and when I logged back in all hell had broken out over on the Radiohead thread!

On 2 May 2016 at 4:52 PM, BitchinHill said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to all the lurkers and newcomers, I know it can sometimes be a little difficult getting past that feeling of being an outsider on here but if you have something to say then say it. It's the Internet!

Shaun.

• Upvote 1

Good morning.

I am relatively new to posting on this forum.

fingers crossed I am djing again on the farm. Think I am playing at the Theatre baron wednesday evening.

So if you are into Northern Soul, 60's RnB or Motown pop by and say hello.

https://hearthis.at/mattjames/

Just now, dj matt james said:

Good morning.

I am relatively new to posting on this forum.

fingers crossed I am djing again on the farm. Think I am playing at the Theatre baron wednesday evening.

So if you are into Northern Soul, 60's RnB or Motown pop by and say hello.

https://hearthis.at/mattjames/

Few indie mixes on my site as well....

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

All it took for me to finally join was break down (the car - not me) and be sat here for several hours wondering just how big the bill is going to be and how I will be getting to Glastonbury if it's stuffed :)

Hello, I'm Sophie and it is my first festival / camping / glasto ever ...very anxious but excited at the same time! specially I will be on my own !!! ( for now ...hopefully the solo camp will accept me hehe)
I never heard about this website till i was wondering yesterday in front of my PC: " am I the only person going alone to Glasto?" 

So I discovered few threads, solo camp and some general Q...and what a nice surprise, people do look friendly! so can wait to be there!  

I'm keen to even pre meet people or  meet before/ during the "coach" travel  ( I know I wrote Couch instead hehe) 

I will be travelling On Thursday from London Victoria

cant wait!! 

2 hours ago, Sophie London said:

Thank you :)
I boight a coach package. are you travelling from London as well? 

No, but I have in the past and that means it's a seetickets coach, rather than NE, so important to point out that unless they've had a dramatic shake up then they actually leave from the O2.

On 5/5/2016 at 8:31 PM, BrokenDown said:

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

All it took for me to finally join was break down (the car - not me) and be sat here for several hours wondering just how big the bill is going to be and how I will be getting to Glastonbury if it's stuffed :)

welcome to madness broken down,

Hi.  I've been lurking since this time last year, this will be my 4th Glastonbury and it's pretty much all I can think about at the moment.  I am really enjoying all the tips, rumours, information and general good humour on this forum .  I'm also eternally grateful for the Spotify playlist that has made it so easy to dip into lots of new bands I've never heard of before but am now dying to see (Blackberry Smoke, Band of Horses, Ezra Furman … I could go on!), so thank you for that.  Xx