new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

11 hours ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

Hi - 

I am Rich - this year will be seventh Glastonbury, although last year doesn't really count (long story) so it's kind of my sixth. My first time was 1997. Been reading these boards for a while but never ventured in fully until now...

Welcome!  We like a long (interesting) story.  Also, a story telling of your personal experience can often make others (who have been through similar) feel able to post for the first time.  Not trying to guilt-trip you into telling more than you are happy to but don't feel that you can't tell your story either.  This really is a lovely place.  

Although it looks like I've got a lot of posts, most of those were from many years ago when I used to go to V.  I loved it at the time, it wasn't too busy, it had great bands and it was half an hour up the road so I could come home, have a shower and go back again in the morning.  But then it got more and more poppy, more and more busy and all in all not so enjoyable.  And THEN I went to Glastonbury and discovered how different it was. 

This is my second Glastonbury.  Middle aged woman.  More or less on my own (daughter working there but I have told her that I don't expect her to stay with me if she'd rather go off with her friends).  And so looking forward to it.  The freedom to go where I want, when I want.  But also slightly scared in case I get lonely!

I love this thread - Hello to everyone! This will be my 4th Glastonbury and this site has been invaluable for info, rumours and entertainment.  I chip in now and again, but it can be a bit intimidating - if amusing sometimes! We've decided to have a year off next year.... (That is until ticket sale day when I know we won't be able to resist trying) so I'm intending to make the most of this year! 

• Upvote 1

Hi! Been an observer (don't like to use lurker) on here for a bit but 1st post :) Toally gutted not be going this year as its a 'big' birthday yr missed out in October & resale. Ticket gods not on my side this time. To all those lucky buggers going & if it's your 1st time just try & take it all in!

Edited by crazyh

Hello everyone, i'm Joe from Kent and 18. I've been a lurker here for about a year and a half now but have't posted before. This is my second Glastonbury after going last year for the first time. Very excited to go back again!

Great to see so many people taking the plunge and signing up. 

I first came here after getting a resale ticket in 2010 to try and get some info. Apart from holidays and festivals, I don't think a day has passed when I haven't at least scanned the topics to see if anything of interest was happening.

Thanks to these forums I've met some great people at Glastonbury and Bearded Theory and will maybe meet some new friends at the eFests meet at this year's festival.

Plus I now have a fantastic story I can tell people about a bloke I know who was on Bullseye.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Hi @Beerqueen, there is a camping alone thread further down the page so you need never be lonely ^_^

This thread is great for Newbies to the forum! It's really lovely to see. 

Yeah thanks.  But I'm only getting there on the Thursday so will miss the Wednesday,meet-up and am thinking of camping nearer my daughter and more central so probably won't be camping in Darbles with the other solos so am not sure how I'd go about meeting up.  But I'm not overly worried - I'm sure (hope?) I'll be fine.

Hi everyone, I'm Fran, I've been a 'lurker' for a while I admit. This will (I'm hoping) be my third Glastonbury, I haven't got a ticket yet and have been obsessively following the resale pages. I will be heartbroken if I can't go, it's my favourite place in the world. I did a trip to Somerset a couple of weeks back with my boyfriend and dog and we were able to wonder all over the festival site, had lunch on the pyramid stage, it was amazing! 

Hello, I'm Phil from Northampton, 22 years old...

2016 will be my 2ND Glasto, I went last year and obviously had the time of my life.

Until last year I'd never been to a festival, I managed to get myself to Wildlife, Glastonbury & Reading and I cannot believe I left it so long to get myself out into the fields with complete strangers. I CANNOT WAIT FOR GLASTO 2016!!! I hope all you guys have an absolute killer time :D 

Hi, I'm Vicky. Still very much a newbie as this year will only be my 2nd Glastonbury. However, I do think I have earned some Brownie/Glasonbury points as I handed in my notice (15 years teaching in the same school) so that I could be there again this year! Me, my hubby & 12 year old son absolutely loved it. Missed so much of it last year and intend to make up for that this year! Would be great to meet up with some of you. Already having sleepless nights worrying about pitching tents, trolleys and what not to bring! X

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, Mr_Egregious said:

I have spent far too many hours lurking on this forum, with only a couple of posts last year. So I resolved to at least double my post count this time around...

This year will be my second, had an incredible time last year.

RTJ! RTJ! RTJ! I'm sure you were there last year having a sweet time right?

Hello Everyone - I'm new to efestivals, and just signed up this morning... 

Devastatingly i've so far failed to get tickets for Glastonbury this year, been the last 3 years and can't actually imagine what it would be like not being there - I've spent all morning on youtube reliving some past festival highlights just been watching Two Door Cinema Club from 2013 and moved on to The Maccabees from last year, and not that i was there, also watched the Oasis set from 1994, it's moments like that why I love Glastonbury so much, songs that are so well known now but at the time were the unknown, great festival for promoting new artists as well as the icons.  So anyway, thought I'd sign up to keep my ear to the ground on any opportunities, competitions or final resales as I'm still holding out hope of getting my hands on a coveted golden ticket!!!  So if any one hears or knows of anything i'd love to know :)

Commendations for this thread too, it's a great way to get people involved...  Without it I wouldn't have know where to start.

Hi, been lurking for a while, decided this year was the year to try and get a ticket to Glastonbury, failed in the original sale due to being stuck in a caravan with a tethered connection to a mobile phone (bad planning on my part). Amazingly managed to get a resale ticket a couple of weeks ago.

Will be first festival I've been to, normally like my creature comforts so have had to purchase tent, sleeping bag, walking boots, wellies etc etc  but had to go with so many of my fave bands/artists appearing this year.

Paul

13 minutes ago, Over40_MidLifeCrisis said:

Hi, been lurking for a while, decided this year was the year to try and get a ticket to Glastonbury, failed in the original sale due to being stuck in a caravan with a tethered connection to a mobile phone (bad planning on my part). Amazingly managed to get a resale ticket a couple of weeks ago.

Will be first festival I've been to, normally like my creature comforts so have had to purchase tent, sleeping bag, walking boots, wellies etc etc  but had to go with so many of my fave bands/artists appearing this year.

Paul

So many other people will say it, but I promise if you can find some time to get away from the stages and get to the other fields for a bit you'll be so glad you did, as it's awesome :D

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2016 at 0:56 PM, carlosj said:

Well, the signature is most easily changed on a PC/MAC by clicking on your profile on the top right hand side and selecting Settings / Signature, but since the site was upgraded, I now don't know where the photo is changed or uploaded.

Edit. Cheers shuttlep, never saw that bit.

On 4/22/2016 at 0:54 PM, shuttlep said:

welcome Tom click the drop down box top left, click profile. then top left you will see your picture has a little logo next to it.#

click that and uplaod

Thank you both! Will try it now! :D 

Hi everyone. 

Richard, 31 from Newcastle. 

Pretty new to this forum. Have followed for many (unsuccessful) years. FINALLY managed to get tickets and am staying in CV west. Staying at the Dusthole in Shepton Mallet on Monday 20th, then heading into the site Tuesday lunchtime. 

So excited!

6 hours ago, clarkete said:

So many other people will say it, but I promise if you can find some time to get away from the stages and get to the other fields for a bit you'll be so glad you did, as it's awesome :D

Thanks, I plan to see as much as possible, having invested in new walking boots I intend to get my moneys worth out of them :)

On 23 April 2016 at 5:12 PM, vicspoole said:

Hi, I'm Vicky. Still very much a newbie as this year will only be my 2nd Glastonbury. However, I do think I have earned some Brownie/Glasonbury points as I handed in my notice (15 years teaching in the same school) so that I could be there again this year!

Wow!! Now that is dedication! I am impressed B)  I'd hate to be a teacher solely because it would mean missing my favourite place. 

• Upvote 1

hiya, I'm Lloyd and, well, if punk is 40 years old, then I was old enough to be out and about pogo-ing at the time. This will be my 6th Glastonbury, going with son and daughter, their friends and a mate - up in the campervan fields. Will hopefully make it to the efests meet if I've not fallen victim to the vodka concoctions my kids have planned... like I did last year... and the year before.

Edited by hfuhruhurr

1 hour ago, hfuhruhurr said:

hiya, I'm Lloyd and, well, if punk is 40 years old, then I was old enough to be out and about pogo-ing at the time. This will be my 6th Glastonbury, going with son and daughter, their friends and a mate - up in the campervan fields. Will hopefully make it to the efests meet if I've not fallen victim to the vodka concoctions my kids have planned... like I did last year... and the year before.

welcome Lloyd

I think I would like to take part in the Vodka Concoctions that is my kind of failing