new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

6 hours ago, sophlamb said:

I only joined this year as my friend who somehow always had mysterious Glastonbury information before anyone else admitted that he got it all from here. Have since whiled away far too many hours on the forum!

I love being that guy. My friends all think I work at Glasto HQ or something. I tell them to come here but most of them don't listen to me - their loss :D

35 minutes ago, jparx said:

I love being that guy. My friends all think I work at Glasto HQ or something. I tell them to come here but most of them don't listen to me - their loss :D

Same - in fact the other day I got messaged out of the blue about the playlist, asking if I worked for the festival due to my advance knowledge of the lineup!  This place rules, thanks again @eFestivals and @5co77ie!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

As efestivals, since February 2000.

It existed as a Glastonbury (only) website for 2 years before that, with one of those as the official Glastonbury website.

I'd have never have believed back then it would still be going eighteen years later.

18 years?!

I was here pretty much at the start, certainly used to post on the Glasto forum way back then and also when it was efests. Got one of the original tshirts still and got a couple of beers off Neil at meets. Unknowingly fell the wrong side of a forum dust up over something petty and Neil binned me in my original name of Wherearethetentpoles? I came back a bit later in my current guise but only lurked till I landed the G tickets this time round.

I do remember meeting some great peeps off here over the years, at Glasto, and BD and sat up many a night sharing a brew round the fire

Loving this thread, great idea! I'm Lou, been a member for a good while but don't post that often.  Love the forum chat, gives me my festival fix! Hope to make it to my first meet this year. All you newbies are in for a treat! Welcome! 

14 hours ago, Adamon said:

Hi! I'm Adam. Long time lurker, only started posting recently. Got a coach ticket in the resale and use this site a lot for stories and things to look out for. It's my second glastonbury, hopefully gonna come to the efest meet up on the Wednesday.

I admit I am hoping to get some "secret"  resale tickets for friends and that did prompt me to start posting, i do feel slightly more engaged with the forums having done so though. Everyone seems decent here, glad I finally took the plunge. 

Welcome Adam, hope to see you at the meet.

14 hours ago, Glasto8 said:

I'm Nicola, also a longtime lurker. Took the plunge and did my first post yesterday. Reading all the threads has made me stupidly excited for June! 

this will be my 8th Glasto, I got through in the main sale.

welcome Nicola, 8th Glasto? You should have plenty to post about.

13 hours ago, mirupuu said:

Hi, I am Magali, the very french person that wrote "solding" instead of "selling".

I am not even a long time lurker, I was just desperate to get tickets after I resold my  wednesday coach tickets (stupidly, I now realize I should have come earlier and ask advice haha) as I had an exam on the Thursday.

Not very accustomed with festival as I only ever did three, and they were day only ones. Hopefully Glastonbury will be my first one (and what first one it could be!!!) Nice to meet you all.

- also what does the +(different number depending on the member) means under the avatar? I am quite curious hehe

Welcome Magali, you've picked a big one for your first real festival! Enjoy it and tell us all how it went.

13 hours ago, croiz said:

I'll join this wee list of long time readers but recent posters.... I'm 33, from North Yorkshire and this'll be my first Glastonbury. Been to other smaller festivals and cant wait...

Will definitely come meet some of you guys at the eFest meet up.... your advice so far on here has been invaluable

Welcome to efestiva last Croiz. First Glastonbury is always very special.

13 hours ago, Dub-You said:

Hi I am Andrew, I have been a lurker for three years now.

This will be my third glastonbury, I use this place to keep up to date on lineup and rumours - which I then use among my festival-going friends to pretend I am somehow in the know.

Have wasted far too many hours on here. Work productivity declines progressively from around January each year through till Tuesday night before we set off for Somerset...

Hi Andrew, as the coming weeks progress you'll be even less productive I'm guessing!

13 hours ago, cazzatron said:

Hehehe, easy mistake to make - my french partner does this too :)

Hey all,

I am Caz - always followed the glasto lineup and forums here but never really been able to attend. This is my first glasto. Nice to speak to you all!

Hi Caz, welcome to the forums.

13 hours ago, BluePaul said:

Sadly not.  I have been seasick though, on occasion.

Welcome Paul.

12 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Hi, I joined this forum a few weeks ago after paying the final installment for my ticket. This will be my first Glastonbury and I have a lot of questions so I figured this forum would be a mine of useful information and so far it has not disappointed!

Ask away, there's tons of help on this forum and enjoy your first Glastonbury.

12 hours ago, Nero said:

Hi my name's Martin, been lurking in the background for a while, I'm a Glastonbury virgin. Can't wait for June!!

Hi Martin, enjoy your first one, it's special.

12 hours ago, the fluorescent adolescent said:

Hi. Visited the site a bit but thought i would get involved. Been Glastonbury a few times over the years. 

Welcome to efestivals.

11 hours ago, Mr_Egregious said:

I have spent far too many hours lurking on this forum, with only a couple of posts last year. So I resolved to at least double my post count this time around...

This year will be my second, had an incredible time last year.

We all spend far too many hours lurking on this forum!

10 hours ago, gherring8 said:

Just did my first post over in the "Pictures for Newbies" thread but with no introduction. I have been a lurker since my first Glastonbury in 2013 The 2014 sale was the best effort ever with about 30 tickets sorted. I bang on about Glastonbury so much I have now even given my mum the bug & she hopes to brave it in 2017.

Welcome. 30 tickets is a great result. I'll blame you for taking mine that year!:)

10 hours ago, drchickenburger said:

I'll skip the my name is and I come from so and so as sure nobody is overly bothered.

Not sure how long this site has been running but seems like I've been lurking for about 15 years now.

Finally the excitement got to much and lured me into registering. Not only am I going Glastonbury, but it's my first time since 2009 and my first time even back on home soil since 2009 too.

I don't know if I can make it to June without literally exploding.

It's great going back, 2010 was my first year back since 1995 and this will be my first since 2013. I can't wait either!

10 hours ago, calcium_kid said:

Like many others been a lurker for a while, with the occasional post here and there. Will be my second Glastonbury this year, but will be taking me Mum and Girlfriend whom are both first timers. I think they are both already sick of me chatting about Glastonbury all the time. Hope to get a bit more involved from now on. 

Welcome, I'm sure you'll all have a blast!

9 hours ago, snailcheeks said:

Hey, Paul here. I've been another lurker for years. Third Glasto for me this year. Would have been fourth but had to put my tickets back in the pot when the Rolling Stones were playing. Don't ask lol 

I'm askin Paul...

9 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

Heya, I'm Rich. About to jump in to my 7th Glastonbury, can't wait. Loads of wonderful memories of the place, loads more to come.

Welcome Rich, sure you've got plenty of advice for the newcomers.

Hello all! I'm Heledd (it's welsh!) and I'm a lurker. I didn't really trust myself to start commenting in case I never did anything else, but I failed to get tickets this year so since I'm gonna be spending all day every day watching out for secret resales I thought I might as well chat to some nice people at the same time! I've been four times so far, there are still so many places I've yet to explore - Glasto never gets old!

Welcome to all the newbies! 

I've been around here since Feb 2014 always popping in and out as life dictates and not getting tickets in earlier years always meant I was less likely to be around ;)

I missed out on tickets last year and went on holiday to Egypt as my girlfriend and her mates all got tickets and i couldn't take being in the country at the same time as Glastonbury when they were all there! I found myself checking on here whilst i was over there and letting them know of any updates- i told them about the Libertines as soon as it was clear on here. They all thought i was some sort of guru with that but i told them it was all from here! 

I have tickets this year for my first ever Glastonbury- can't wait. Will still find myself trying to get on here for any updates/secret acts. 

Welcome to the great community that will take away a large amount of your time! :)

Hi all!!!

My name's Matthew and been going every year I can do since 2011. Sadly this year's Glastonbury will be my last for a while due to starting teacher training next year, so hoping to make this the best one I can :)

Just to get some conversation flowing in this chat, what was everyone's favorite year? Mine is 2013, not because of any band in particular (although Chic were a massive highlight) but because of the connections I made with friends and strangers alike and it really did help pull me out of some massive personal problems I was having at that time.

Glastonbury since '95, who has lurked here for a few years to find new music and unknowns (to me) to see over the weekend. 

"Losing My Edge"?

Realised that I must have something to contribute after all these years, even if I'm still not sure what that is.

1 hour ago, Gman123 said:

Hi all!!!

My name's Matthew and been going every year I can do since 2011. Sadly this year's Glastonbury will be my last for a while due to starting teacher training next year, so hoping to make this the best one I can :)

Just to get some conversation flowing in this chat, what was everyone's favorite year? Mine is 2013, not because of any band in particular (although Chic were a massive highlight) but because of the connections I made with friends and strangers alike and it really did help pull me out of some massive personal problems I was having at that time.

I'm starting teacher training in September too, going to have to find some new festivals in the school holidays for the future!

I absolutely loved 2013 too, had a great weekend - and we got a decent amount of sun!