Your Dream Line up

dreader1988

59 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

That's the problem with Glastonbury, they let fucking anyone in. They should start only giving registration numbers to people who submit 50,000 word essays on Captain Beefheart, Billie Holiday, Kraftwerk, Fela Kuti, Bjork and Can, that'll sort out the wheat from the chaff.

But one could argue that those people are already catered for by end of the road festival. 

They are in a position where they can sell out the festival without announcing a band. Therefore, they can put on who they want. 

Get mean fiddler back to chose the line up a la 1990s where festivals were for music fans.

The juxtaposition of Adele and Coldplay is beyond a joke when Radiohead, the Stone Roses etc etc are touring. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Oldredeyes said:

But one could argue that those people are already catered for by end of the road festival. 

They are in a position where they can sell out the festival without announcing a band. Therefore, they can put on who they want. 

Get mean fiddler back to chose the line up a la 1990s where festivals were for music fans.

The juxtaposition of Adele and Coldplay is beyond a joke when Radiohead, the Stone Roses etc etc are touring. 

When did Mean Fiddler do the line up? Also, what if the Roses and Radiohead won't do it because they don't want to/it doesn't pay enough?

Royal blood, Foo fighters, The Killers, The Verve, Portishead, Chilli Peppers, Arctic monkeys, Sia, Kings Of Leon, Blur, Rage Against the Machine, Jimmy somerville, Bruno Mars, Morrisey, Gene, Shed Seven, Heather Nova, White Stripes, Pharrell...argh too many! If I had to pick one for this year thought would be Royal Blood, saw them last year and they blew me away.

3 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

When did Mean Fiddler do the line up? Also, what if the Roses and Radiohead won't do it because they don't want to/it doesn't pay enough?

They  / festival republic were involved up until 2012.

Money is clearly likely a factor. Although, I can't see Adele being cheap. 

I'm looking forward to one direction headlining the pyramid.  You?

16 minutes ago, Oldredeyes said:

They  / festival republic were involved up until 2012.

Money is clearly likely a factor. Although, I can't see Adele being cheap. 

I'm looking forward to one direction headlining the pyramid.  You?

As I recall they didn't have anything to do with the line up though. It was all the infrastructure stuff.

Dunno with Radiohead but the Roses seem to be cashing in on the money they didn't make first time out.

One Direction? Er, no. What makes you ask that?

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

As I recall they didn't have anything to do with the line up though. It was all the infrastructure stuff.

Dunno with Radiohead but the Roses seem to be cashing in on the money they didn't make first time out.

One Direction? Er, no. What makes you ask that?

Was joking. 

All the best. See you down the front. 

51 minutes ago, Warbler said:

Fri: Pearl Jam, NIN, Tame Impala

Sat: Radiohead, Nick Cave, Lana Del Rey

Sun: Strokes, NGHFB, Diana Ross (Legends) 

I second Tame Impala, Radiohead and Lana Del Rey. She was incredible in 2014. I shed a tear whilst watching. 

Just going to throw this out there in terms of fantasy performances that could theoretically happen (I.e they're not dead) 

Sunday night pyramid headliner 

Nile Rodgers retrospective 

Nile Rodgers performs with Chic, Diana Ross, Duran Duran, Grace Jones, Sister Sledge, the Honydrippers ( including Page Plant & Jeff Beck) and Daft Punk/Pharrell  Williams with cameos from the surviving members of the Sugar Hill Gang and Will Smith

Pyramid:

Friday - Oasis // The Cure // Biffy Clyro
Saturday - Eminem, Dr.Dre & Snoop Dogg // Queens Of The Stone Age // Royal Blood
Sunday - Muse // The Smashing Pumpkins // System Of A Down

Other:

Friday - Blink-182 // The Streets // Weezer
Saturday - Phil Collins // Duran Duran // Twin Atlantic
Sunday - Supertramp // Basement Jaxx // Feeder

JP:

Friday - Catfish & The Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Marmozets
Saturday - Jamie T // Slaves // Nothing But Thieves
Sunday - Two Door Cinema Club // Jake Bugg // Echosmith