Efest member stats

morph100

Just wondered what the stats were for efest members or people in this bit of the forums over the last month or so compared with other years?

seems to be more than the usual spike in activity and more people involved in things like the not so secret resale. Thought it might give us an indication of the rising popularity of the festival.

Neil or Scotty has it been a particularly busy period?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Just wondered what the stats were for efest members or people in this bit of the forums over the last month or so compared with other years?

seems to be more than the usual spike in activity and more people involved in things like the not so secret resale. Thought it might give us an indication of the rising popularity of the festival.

Can't comment on the figures for this site, but as noted in the resale thread someone is posting links to the whatsapp and resale threads on FB. Which is great for membership but it'd be nice if they could be encouraged to hang about rather than making drive by posts asking for help in the resale before disappearing. 

25 minutes ago, musky said:

Can't comment on the figures for this site, but as noted in the resale thread someone is posting links to the whatsapp and resale threads on FB. Which is great for membership but it'd be nice if they could be encouraged to hang about rather than making drive by posts asking for help in the resale before disappearing. 

I suppose if it generates more traffic then it will increase the chances of at least one new poster getting involved on here. Me, I'm up for trying to help those, so very many, lurkers currently out there who want to post but are afraid to do so. Come on, jump in - we all did one day and you know you want to.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have never got why people lurk but don't contribute. On here everyone is all rather friendly and nice. The City forum I use is the total antithesis of this forum, it really is dog eat dog.

When I first joined the line-up discussion for Glastonbury moved too fast for me to keep up. 

31 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I suppose if it generates more traffic then it will increase the chances of at least one new poster getting involved on here. Me, I'm up for trying to help those, so very many, lurkers currently out there who want to post but are afraid to do so. Come on, jump in - we all did one day and you know you want to.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Some people will always prefer to lurk and just pick up the info they want that way, but different people's experiences are always welcome even if they've never been yet. Even before he'd ever attended Benny was a great poster and his enthusiasm was contagious. 

4 minutes ago, Hovis said:

Iv been lurking on this forum for the last 4 years,  and everyone does seem friendly and nice I think it's more an issue that I rarely feel I have anything interesting to add.  

Just talk bollocks like me. Just enough not to piss everyone off though.

8 minutes ago, Hovis said:

Iv been lurking on this forum for the last 4 years,  and everyone does seem friendly and nice I think it's more an issue that I rarely feel I have anything interesting to add.  

I re-iterate the fine and accurate words of eastynh - just talk a load of shite if you've got nothing that you consider important to say. Everybody loves a bit of shite. :)

23 hours ago, musky said:

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Some people will always prefer to lurk and just pick up the info they want that way, but different people's experiences are always welcome even if they've never been yet. Even before he'd ever attended Benny was a great poster and his enthusiasm was contagious. 

is this Ben of the London Marathon fame?

If you are reading this Ben - only this week I heard that putting on two corn plasters over your nipples will greatly help prevent 'marathon chaffing'. Not sure if it's true or not though. It could be an advertising campaign by some PR company working for Scholl. Anyway, best of luck. :)

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick
Pedantry

1 hour ago, musky said:

I have to admit I don't like the number of people who crawl out of the woodwork when ticket sales roll around then bugger off afterwards. 

17 minutes ago, Hovis said:

I find it interesting that you think that everyone seems friendly. Russy will along shortly. :)

Just kidding Russy!

32 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have never got why people lurk but don't contribute. On here everyone is all rather friendly and nice. The City forum I use is the total antithesis of this forum, it really is dog eat dog.

This is easily the friendliest forum I've ever been a part of. Like yours Easty, my team's forum is like a bear pit at times. Especially when we're not doing well.

Everyone on here is here for the same reason. We all love Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts and the great thing is that there are literally hundreds of different things to discuss. So don't be shy newbies and lurkers, just jump in. You can't be any worse than Penguin (just kidding Pingu).

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

Sorry i haven't been on this site for a long time. My friend didn't manage to get a ticket in the resale, do we have a suspected secret resale date?

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have to admit I don't like the number of people who crawl out of the woodwork when ticket sales roll around then bugger off afterwards. 

12 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Sorry i haven't been on this site for a long time. My friend didn't manage to get a ticket in the resale, do we have a suspected secret resale date?

:P

The forum is massively friendly, and I suppose some people might just be hesitant to contribute. Regular posting is the way forward though.

The only criticism I have - and it's been particularly noticeable around resale time - is the amount of unnecessary multiple threads.

We have often have one thread per act, Muse, PJ Harvey, LCD etc, but multiple threads for resale took over the first page. For one thing that's not a sensible way to coordinate. I'm on another message board where it's strictly one thread for one subject, that's something I think we could benefit from here. A designated resale thread, a designated 'advice for first timers' thread, a designated clashfiner thread etc etc would mean the board wasn't clogged up as much.

Can be a nightmare to mod so I'd suggest checking for a similar thread to what you're about to post before posting.

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The forum is massively friendly, and I suppose some people might just be hesitant to contribute. Regular posting is the way forward though.

The only criticism I have - and it's been particularly noticeable around resale time - is the amount of unnecessary multiple threads.

We have often have one thread per act, Muse, PJ Harvey, LCD etc, but multiple threads for resale took over the first page. For one thing that's not a sensible way to coordinate. I'm on another message board where it's strictly one thread for one subject, that's something I think we could benefit from here. A designated resale thread, a designated 'advice for first timers' thread, a designated clashfiner thread etc etc would mean the board wasn't clogged up as much.

Can be a nightmare to mod so I'd suggest checking for a similar thread to what you're about to post before posting.

I am a bugger for taking things off topic. Don't mean to do it. Yet I still sit there sometimes thinking how I have managed to turn a thread about Lords into one about my digestive problems.

10 hours ago, morph100 said:

April this year so-far has almost equalled all of April last year, so it's busier - but there's other factors in play, like Easter being in March this year (there's always less traffic around easter, I guess because of less students online and less people at work).

All of this year so far has been busier than last year. The downside of that is despite the greater traffic the finances are the other way. :(

From someone who is mostly a lurker rather than a poster (it's taken me many years to get this no of posts). There's a couple of reasons i don't post more. It's difficult to keep up with the fast moving threads. Everyone seems to know each other already so I don't want to intrude on threads of what seem like banter between friends.

10 minutes ago, KryziF said:

Everyone seems to know each other already so I don't want to intrude on threads of what seem like banter between friends.

This is defo a bit of a problem at the mo, from where I'm sat.

One of the reasons that these forums have succeeded in being successful for so long - while others, sometimes much more popular, have died away - is because I've tried hard over the years to ensure that the forums remained focused on and about the festivals the forums are here for, rather than being about the people who post here. In the last year or two they've become more cliquey, and less about the festivals.

I'm currently mulling over what I might need to do to nudge things back again.

Edited by eFestivals

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

This is defo a bit of a problem at the mo, from where I'm sat.

One of the reasons that these forums have succeeded in being successful for so long - while others, sometimes much more popular, have died away - is because I've tried hard over the years to ensure that the forums remained focused on and about the festivals the forums are here for, rather than being about the people who post here. In the last year or two they've become more cliquey, and less about the festivals.

I'm currently mulling over what I might need to do to nudge things back again.

I think ALL of the regular posters, like daily posters - the people who you are probably referring to when you're talking there - should pay the gold membership, if it's one of the reasons behind the fact that the website might not be doing so great fianacially, the reg posters should be doing their bit to make sure it becomes more viable 

57 minutes ago, KryziF said:

From someone who is mostly a lurker rather than a poster (it's taken me many years to get this no of posts). There's a couple of reasons i don't post more. It's difficult to keep up with the fast moving threads. Everyone seems to know each other already so I don't want to intrude on threads of what seem like banter between friends.

yeah that's what kept me lurking for so long, I've been on lots of forums over the year and it can sometime be a bit of a struggle penetrating the clique so when I found this place and noticed how friendly people were with each other I thought it was going to be the same sort of thing

but I was very wrong, it only took a few posts to realise people really don't care how long you've been here if you're talking about Glastonbury then they'll want to talk to you

this place is by far the most open to noobs as I've ever seen, unless your looking for sex or starting fake rumours

Personnaly speaking, I only really started posting properly last Spring when trying to help a couple of mates in the secret resales (although I've been a member since 2010, apparently). However since then I've been posting more regularly (although I did have some downtime when the website updated and would no longer work on IE8 - my work PC), and glad I do. A friendly and (mostly) tollerant bunch, even when I don't have much to add to many conversations.

The music recommendations and weirdest Glastonbury memories are enough on their own to keep my entertained. And the weather thread, of course...

Going back to the Secret Resales thread from last year, there was a sense that lots of people left as soon as tickets got snapped up. A real shame, but hopefully some more might stick around this year!