Blossoms. Any good live??

4AssedMonkey

So whilst spotifying and youtubing through the lineup last night, listened to some stuff from Blossoms.  Having only heard Charlemagne previously and thought it was OK, I was pleasantly surprised.  Some good little pop tunes.  Anyone ever seen them and were they any good?

6 minutes ago, Chopmunky said:

Yeah, caught them at last year's Live at Leeds and they were very good. Every band needs a decent front man and they've a decent one.  You'll be entertained for sure :)

You going this year?

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

Going to see them at The Great Escape in Brighton. An old friend of mine runs a music blog called Even The Stars and he absolutely RAVES about them, so I have high hopes. Perfect JP material I think.

Didn't they confirm themselves for  Friday Other Stage (even if they did also say Kendrick was headlining it that day)

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Didn't they confirm themselves for  Friday Other Stage (even if they did also say Kendrick was headlining it that day)

I was not aware of this. Them playing near James may make some sense I suppose. Very much looking ofrward to finding out what the fuss is all about in about a month's time.

Very good band. Saw them at Albert Hall in Manchester in February. Brilliant gig. Very impressed. One of those few bands who are better than the hype at such an early stage of their career. I think their recent songs if not all of them have been produced by James Skelly of the Coral, he's done a grea job with them. Well worth seeing them. 

4 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Decent enough, seen them a couple of times, both indoors and out.

Not personally as keen on new stuff but they give a good show 

My favourite track is Blown Rose, followed by Madelaine. Latest tracks possible more radio "friendly"

I thought they were a bit blah blah guitar/ indie landfill. They supported SFA and The Charlatans last year. They put on a good live show that night but they were worlds behind the Charlatans. That can be understood though considering the wealth of experience The Charlatans have.

Why struck me that night was how much the Charlatans totally blew SFA away, it was like men against boys. I always though SFA were crap when they were at their peak, When I came on here and they were being lauded, I was scratching my head thinking did I overlook and not give SFA a proper go due to the amount of quality music around at the time. Now this is obviously my opinion but I reckon I was right about SFA, they were crap back in theday and it was no shock the Charlatans blew them away.

Hopefully there is a lot more to come from Blossoms and they were pleasant enough when I seen them. I also seen them support James but I was in no fit state to really judge that performance.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I always though SFA were crap when they were at their peak, When I came on here and they were being lauded, I was scratching my head thinking did I overlook and not give SFA a proper go due to the amount of quality music around at the time. Now this is obviously my opinion but I reckon I was right about SFA, they were crap back in theday and it was no shock the Charlatans blew them away.

Yeh... I was seeing SFA last year as they were headlining another festival I was going to, which was hailed as a great booking. I spent months trying to 'get' what I had missed before. Not much it turned out. It's all a bit like intellectual masturbation to me.

Blossoms on the other hand, I saw at T in the Park (what a disaster of a festival to drive ten hours each way for) when they kicked off our weekend early on Friday afternoon and they blew us away. We've seen them twice more in London since (it's a bit odd hearing a London crowd chanting for Stockport but hey ho) they're a terrific live band and I'm really looking forward to the album. That said, they put a new song on Spotify last week and it's complete and utter garbage. I sincerely hope they haven't hit their peak already!

I have to say though, I'm a bit gobsmacked they've landed an Other Stage spot.

8 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Going to see them at The Great Escape in Brighton. An old friend of mine runs a music blog called Even The Stars and he absolutely RAVES about them, so I have high hopes. Perfect JP material I think.

He's a very good judge on new music is old mr brown. He ended up doing roadie duties for my sons band at a recent gig 

2 hours ago, McCor said:

Viola Beach were due to support them on their recent tour. In their place, a video of their show a few days before their accident was screened at the gigs. Moving stuff. 

Not quite. They played an audio recording of a recent gig to a full light show.