• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, wonderwoman76 said:

Aaaah, I was confused, thought the Brothers Cider tent must've moved

I think a riot would break out if they moved that, 

same place, just the field changed it's name, you can't beat your first pint of Brothers on Wednesday

6 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Speaking of brothers, they are no longer allowed to sell it in 2litre bottles. Now that was a devastating, festival-altering change...

i never really understood why they did that., I was asking the day they decided mid festival to stop doing it. They said "they had been told they had to stop , as they had to promote sensible drinking"

i think I chuntered something at them bought 4 pint stomped off, dropped one and carried on without looking back, as I realised I was being a twat.

i had been waiting for it to open for hours

I *really* hope that whole Bowie tribute stuff isn't a massive pile of overblown w*nkcheese.  I know it's going to be everywhere.  I know that bands will be playing Bowie covers.  I just hope it doesn't reek of pathetic, cringeworthy, self-aggrandisement.

18 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I *really* hope that whole Bowie tribute stuff isn't a massive pile of overblown w*nkcheese.  I know it's going to be everywhere.  I know that bands will be playing Bowie covers.  I just hope it doesn't reek of pathetic, cringeworthy, self-aggrandisement.

It will. Bandwagoners everywhere. Itll be worse than that Kony 2012 shite.

Expect to see Mick Eavis on the Pyramid Stage like this on Monday.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What's not to enjoy about seeing Ellie Goulding doing her version of Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing?

*shudders*

*vomits in own mouth*

*shudders again*

9 hours ago, shuttlep said:

i loved lost vangueness,

but shangri la is good fun. not quite the same , but different in many ways and slightly better at night when it comes alive

alos Jazz world is now West Holts, but I will always call it Jazz World

Tell me about Lost Vagueness... I'm really curious  - where was it? What was it like? I went in 2004, but never came across it - can't quite work out how I didnt' - then didn't go back for 10 years and it had gone..... so many questions...

10 hours ago, Pbird81 said:

Tell me about Lost Vagueness... I'm really curious  - where was it? What was it like? I went in 2004, but never came across it - can't quite work out how I didnt' - then didn't go back for 10 years and it had gone..... so many questions...

it was in the south East Corner where Shangria is.  they had a chapel there people used to get married. I remember being sat there with two litre bottle of cider chatting to a dwarf in a tux for an hour.

full of strange things, similar to Shangrila, i don;t remember them having any stages though. but i could be wrong.

48 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

it was in the south East Corner where Shangria is.  they had a chapel there people used to get married. I remember being sat there with two litre bottle of cider chatting to a dwarf in a tux for an hour.

Back in 2003 (I think?) I watched a lesbian wedding in there, in a boxing ring, with nuns swigging bottles of champagne, and one nun scratching and mixing on a pair of decks. When we left my mate proudly announced that he had bought some shrooms from a bloke standing behind him.

Was certainly an interesting place...

EDIT: This it is - "The Chapel of Love and Loathing":

LV_chaple-KW01.jpg

Edited by Cheesey

2 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

Back in 2003 (I think?) I watched a lesbian wedding in there, in a boxing ring, with nuns swigging bottles of champagne, and one nun scratching and mixing on a pair of decks. When we left my mate proudly announced that he had bought some shrooms from a bloke standing behind him.

Was certainly an interesting place...

yeah that's teh sort of thing that happened, and it was just normal to be sat there watching it