U.S. festival with the supposed killer lineup?

O'Doyle Rules

42 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I'm all over the place here. Someone that posts regularly definitely hates roger waters and love! I'm sure of it!

Come people own up for fucks sake.

ah, that'll be me, most likely. Waters is unlistenable tosh of the first degree.

Agree with that on nearly anything post The Wall.

Edited by The Nal

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Was glorious, just not quite at the David Lean-widescreen level of the other three.

Bowie/Macca/Stones

Shakey/Stevie/Patti '15/Radiohead '97/Blur '09/Orbital '94/Portishead '13 etc just outside

Blur, Macca and the Stones for me.

Special mention to Muse 04, they were immense that night. Although the memory has been tainted by the parody act they would go on to become.

8 hours ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

I would go and enjoy it given the chance.

Everyone's raving as they are on the same bill but Glastonbury have had all of them play before. Of those 6 I have seen Stones/Young/Waters & The Who at Glastonbury. Macca also played while I was there but I had no interest in seeing him. 

because anyone would look back and be happy they saw Basement Jaxx or Sister Sledge instead right....

I think Russy mentioned it, but that was indeed a dreadful Macca sub choice (Black Eyed Peas) we had to stand thru 15 mins of to get a good spot. I remember on these here forums some joker was posting that he had word that U2 were going to be the band on before, having seen t-shirts being printed up, etc...in hindsight, what a c*nt

agreed Wooderson, that Stones and Macca will be 2 of the sets that will be recalled as the legendary big historic set successes on Worthy Farm

still can't see why anyone would slag off this lineup though. could be the final gigs ever for 2 bands there, at same weekend. and it will probably be an easier ticket to get than Glastonbury is. Americans of that age aren't too comfortable standing up at outdoor festival type venues, they'd rather watch on pay-per-view at home. could be a decent chance of getting a ticket if tix aren't outrageusly above normal Coachella priced tix.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Am I the only one who looks at that line up and wouldn't go to any of the obvious bands but would instead choose the smaller, more interesting stuff on the other stages?

I'd be more interested in some of the artisan food stalls and local art. Love hearing from jewellery vendors about how they filled a locket with childrens tears after Hurricane Katrina. 

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Am I the only one who looks at that line up and wouldn't go to any of the obvious bands but would instead choose the smaller, more interesting stuff on the other stages?

I planning to spend the whole five days of GF in the solar cinema in the Green Fields. That's where the truly interesting stuff is.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Any reason why the music finishes at 7pm each day in N'Awlins.

similar arrangement at another of the more famed US events w/ a bit of history, Newport Folk Festival, where it cuts off about 7 or 8. and that site is off by itself, away from centre...baffling, especially as it shortens the sets of the bigger acts too.

On 21/04/2016 at 0:03 PM, The Nal said:

Some of those rich old dudes have been touring on stop for years and are still putting out more material than any of the current crop. Dylans last album was number 1 in the UK for example. Neilers new album will be his 10th in 10 years. Maccas last album was a belter etc.

To be clear Nal, I'm a big fan of all of their music it just makes me sad that lots of fans are priced out of live music, particullally when it comes to acts of this size. Getting them all on the same bill is a amazing.....the cynic in me however, suspects that it will come with an amazingly sized price tag that many folks just won't be able to afford.

I'm 99% sure the reason why The Stones were so good at Glasto is because they were playing to and feeding off an electric crowd who were thrilled to be seeing them.....rather than rows of people with fat wallets (not that well off people can't be music fans of course). It would be nice If these legendary acts weren't so expensive to see. As has been proved a few times this year there will only be finate chances left to see them.

FYI "Clinging to their top spot" was more a meditation on the industry then the bands themselves. Probably unfairly worded :)