U.S. festival with the supposed killer lineup?

O'Doyle Rules

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

When the dusts settles and these period of "imperious" headliners ceases for good/theyre not around any more, only three performances will genuinely count.

Bowie, Macca, Stones.

No Neil Young or Stevie?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Well The Who are absolutely shit live now, same with Macca and probably (i haven't seen them) Rolling Stones. 

Neil Young only person i'd pay to see at this 'festival.' 

The Who are still decent live considering. Maccas setlists are off the hook lately, I love modern Dylan gigs and The Stones at Glasto 13 was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Maybe the greatest. Universal acclaim. Incredible gig.

Neil is always great yeah. Unless he plays 25 minute versions of songs people don't know. 

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

When the dusts settles and these period of "imperious" headliners ceases for good/theyre not around any more, only three performances will genuinely count.

Bowie, Macca, Stones.

Radiohead? If not their last one then when they come back and do a career-spanning set.

3 minutes ago, blue6field said:

No Neil Young or Stevie?

Loved both shows, would rank both in the top ten shows I've ever seen but neither has the importance of the other three I mentioned IMO. The other three are the ones people will return to again and again throughout history.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

Loved both shows, would rank both in the top ten shows I've ever seen but neither has the importance of the other three I mentioned IMO. The other three are the ones people will return to again and again throughout history.

Cool

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The Who are still decent live considering. Maccas setlists are off the hook lately, I love modern Dylan gigs and The Stones at Glasto 13 was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Maybe the greatest. Universal acclaim. Incredible gig.

Neil is always great yeah. Unless he plays 25 minute versions of songs people don't know. 

I know you are a roger waters hater (apologies if I have you mixed up with someone else) but he should have a new album out by the time of this festival, so I think he shouldnt be disregarded.

I suspect the crowd will be expecting wish you were here and comfortably numb rather than the likes of amused to death though...

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I know you are a roger waters hater (apologies if I have you mixed up with someone else) but he should have a new album out by the time of this festival, so I think he shouldnt be disregarded.

I suspect the crowd will be expecting wish you were here and comfortably numb rather than the likes of amused to death though...

Ah ok. No I'm a big Rodge fan. Hero! You must've got me mixed up with a c**t?

But yeah, he'll have a new album out, as will Dylan, Neiler will too, seems The Stones will aswell and Macca may have some new stuff out too. 

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

I went with an old mate from Uni that year who is well into his electronic music. We chose Aphex Twin(as DJ AFX)/Squarepusher/Plaid back to back at The Glade.

I stand by my choice.

By a million fold you made the right-one, my right-angled friend.

Don't listen to Woody. He's musically an octogenarian...!

:)

Ben

23 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

By a million fold you made the right-one, my right-angled friend.

Don't listen to Woody. He's musically an octogenarian...!

:)

Ben

Reckon you don't need it pointing out youre in the minority there Benny me 'aul pal.

38 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ah ok. No I'm a big Rodge fan. Hero! You must've got me mixed up with a c**t?

But yeah, he'll have a new album out, as will Dylan, Neiler will too, seems The Stones will aswell and Macca may have some new stuff out too. 

Apologies! Not sure who I'm thinking of then, probably mardy!

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Shakey

Was glorious, just not quite at the David Lean-widescreen level of the other three.

Bowie/Macca/Stones

Shakey/Stevie/Patti '15/Radiohead '97/Blur '09/Orbital '94/Portishead '13 etc just outside

6 minutes ago, russycarps said:

And maybe Arthur Lee '03, even though I bloody missed it....

......(you hate Love dont you?) 

No. I saw him in '04 (??) up in the Acoustic. "You Set The Scene" is one of my favourite songs. Gorgeous stuff.