U.S. festival with the supposed killer lineup?

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently...

Fri: Stones/Dylan

Sat: Macca/Shakey & Promise

Sun: Waters/The Who  (unless Rod Stewart gets involved and then he'd obviously be closing it out...)

while the whole setup of Coachella and its US 'rules' would make it for an appalling festival experience, this would be entirely about the music and I will absolutely have to be there.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rolling-stones-dylan-mccartney-neil-young-in-talks-for-mega-concert-20160415

If they have the same # of tickets as for Coachella, which is likely because it's at the same place, then the average cost of the tickets will need to be  $336 each just to pay the performers' fees. Add the cost of the event, staging, staff, profit, and oh boy will those be expensive tickets.

I saw this on another discussion about this. They're getting paid $7 mil each apparently.

I am I the only one for whom this holds (and would hold, were it to be, say, Glastonbury etc) no interest whatsoever? Of that list, the only one I would be interested in would be Neil Young. I genuinely feel he is the only one with anything still to say to me. I have to declare that I have an involuntary aversion to nostalgia-acts that have just been peddling it out for too, too long. As for Dylan, has his voice been listenable-to at all in the last 10+ years?

I can see how many people, including Coachella darlings, will lap this up, but I honestly wouldn't go if I was given a ticket, unless the undercard meant that I would be having a smashing time away from the Dinosaur Stage®...

So, what say you, eFests? On your wavelength, or I am facing a downvote clusterfuck?!

:)

Ben