U.S. festival with the supposed killer lineup?

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad to see this. very sad, esp with the false advertising of "oh, $399 same price as Coachella", with me thinking that there was a standing VIP bit at front and we'd be right behind it. but this is basically a seated stadium gig, with gen admin at back. it is the equivalent of the US summer gig schedule where the 'amphitheatres' are the big draws, where they all have seats but a big cheap GA 'lawn' area at the back. so GA here is the 'lawn' equivalent for $399....

sad...pathetic environment they're creating...a shame

Edited by tevaburger

Did anyone else really expect anything more than a money grab for something like this???!! :huh:

Those prices are just for starters then you have all the add-ins and VIP options, this will be total sh*t atmosphere full of people want to be seen seeing the bands that also have deep pockets....

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Right at the back, behind the cheap seats. So for anything half decent its at least $1000, and that only gets you a quarter the way up the venue.

Fuck that.

?format=1000w

That's fucking awful. With a pricing and seating plan like that it's guaranteed to be an an absolute shower of fat, greedy c**ts.

Edited by zero000

I knew the prices would likely be steep, but the prices they are asking for are just gobsmacking. This has actually really p*ssed me off, and I don't tend to get narked off about anything! Completely taking the p*ss out of fans. Thing is it will likely sell. The organisers know this and charge what they like. With all that's going on in the world, they should feel utterly ashamed of themselves. 

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Those acts cost $42m combined tho. And it's the same fleecing as any other time those acts play. 

The bands should be ashamed of themselves too IMO, and I'm a massive fan of The Rolling Stones. I get that high demand drives up prices etc. etc. But the line has to be drawn somewhere. Most genuine fans are being priced out of attending so that a few can profit excessively. It's being rightly billed as a once in a lifetime experience. Why not use that platform to inspire the future generations. Nobody from the younger generation is gonna get a sniff unless they have a lawyer / banker / insert stereotypical middle class career as a parent. God only knows what the prices will be like once the touts get hold of the tickets, but that's a rant for another day!

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

The bands should be ashamed of themselves too IMO, and I'm a massive fan of The Rolling Stones. I get that high demand drives up prices etc. etc. But the line has to be drawn somewhere. Most genuine fans are being priced out of attending so that a few can profit excessively. It's being rightly billed as a once in a lifetime experience. Why not use that platform to inspire the future generations. Nobody from the younger generation is gonna get a sniff unless they have a lawyer / banker / insert stereotypical middle class career as a parent. God only knows what the prices will be like once the touts get hold of the tickets, but that's a rant for another day!

Yep. But they're all wealthy middle class dudes and playing shows for wealthy middle class families suits them down to the ground. The most ardent fans of those bands for the past twenty years must have pretty high paying jobs. And I wouldn't worry about future generations finding inspiration as they're more likely to get that from young bands in small venues.

10 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

The bands should be ashamed of themselves too IMO, and I'm a massive fan of The Rolling Stones. I get that high demand drives up prices etc. etc. But the line has to be drawn somewhere. Most genuine fans are being priced out of attending so that a few can profit excessively. It's being rightly billed as a once in a lifetime experience. Why not use that platform to inspire the future generations. Nobody from the younger generation is gonna get a sniff unless they have a lawyer / banker / insert stereotypical middle class career as a parent. 

Though all acts have played Glastonbury, in some cases recently, and will have done so for a fraction of the money that they'd get elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep. But they're all wealthy middle class dudes and playing shows for wealthy middle class families suits them down to the ground. The most ardent fans of those bands for the past twenty years must have pretty high paying jobs. And I wouldn't worry about future generations finding inspiration as they're more likely to get that from young bands in small venues.

Largely agree and all fair points, yet my instinctive reaction to the announcement was still a strong feeling of unfairness!

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though all acts have played Glastonbury, in some cases recently, and will have done so for a fraction of the money that they'd get elsewhere.

This is true and I have great respect to them for that. I guess I just feel like they've had a great career, why not give something back? Or something.

Edited by djdavejohnson

7 hours ago, The Nal said:

Right at the back, behind the cheap seats. So for anything half decent its at least $1000, and that only gets you a quarter the way up the venue.

Fuck that.

?format=1000w

Crikey!!! Was going look into maybe doing it, but nah. Thats total crap for money you will have to shell out, just for GA!!