Secret glasto

Muppetmark

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/04/2016 at 8:12 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Whoever takes over needs to not be a knobhead who thinks he's logged in as himself and tweets at stand up comedians, accidentally sending thousands of SMS messages out.

I bet loads of people think Matt Kirshen is going to be playing Glastonbury now.

I wondered why a stand up was following a web developer.  Muppet.

I wondered what that was about! 

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Out of interest,  are you using IFTT or the native Twitter SMS? From memory, the native texts don't forward on mentions.

IFTTT, but unfortunately I think they're turning off the SMS function & making it an app notification, which isn't great when at Glastonbury with no smart phone 

*Actually I've just read the email properly & you can opt out of your recipes being moved so they'll continue txting you. Phew! 

Well, only if someone steps up to take over Secret Glasto! 

Edited by verrymerry
Read things properly

34 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

IFTTT, but unfortunately I think they're turning off the SMS function & making it an app notification, which isn't great when at Glastonbury with no smart phone 

*Actually I've just read the email properly & you can opt out of your recipes being moved so they'll continue txting you. Phew! 

Well, only if someone steps up to take over Secret Glasto! 

Mark and I have discussed automating the tweets even if there is no one to take over.

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Make sure they're following The Crow's Nest this year!

Just taken your advice. They're @crowsnestcrew on Twitter.

Had to check who the festival were following to find them, saw the few acts they're following and thought that woud be a great way of secretly announcing a few new acts. Imagine if they just started following R****head!?!

2 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

Just taken your advice. They're @crowsnestcrew on Twitter.

Had to check who the festival were following to find them, saw the few acts they're following and thought that woud be a great way of secretly announcing a few new acts. Imagine if they just started following R****head!?!

@secretGlasto itself follows quite a few useful accounts.

1 minute ago, Glastoboy said:

Any secretglasto you want to reveal now?

Crow's Nest always tweet out their running list on the day.  Always at least a photo of the chalkboard, sometimes written out.

The only advantage to SecretGlasto was that I would reformat the tweets so that they would fit on ITTT text messages, since longer tweets could be truncated.  But the downside is SecretGlasto tweets would always be later and generally miss out the end times.

As for secret set info, it's essentially impossible to work out a secret set until the full running order has been released.

@eFestivals Last year I created a post on secret sets and continually edited the first post to include details of the sets.  Since there are multiple people running the service this year, I thought about creating a SecretGlasto forum account to share between all the helpers, but then remembered that non-gold members have a time limit for editing old posts.

Can you think of any work around?  It would be nice to keep it all inside the forum, but the only options I can think of are an external wiki (not that I know of any suitable ones) or purchasing gold membership just to get round the edit facility for a month, which seems a little excessive.  Anybody else have any ideas?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@eFestivals Last year I created a post on secret sets and continually edited the first post to include details of the sets.  Since there are multiple people running the service this year, I thought about creating a SecretGlasto forum account to share between all the helpers, but then remembered that non-gold members have a time limit for editing old posts.

Can you think of any work around?  It would be nice to keep it all inside the forum, but the only options I can think of are an external wiki (not that I know of any suitable ones) or purchasing gold membership just to get round the edit facility for a month, which seems a little excessive.  Anybody else have any ideas?

If a forum account is the best way forward, I'd make a contribution to the gold cost (but can't help with running it in June), especially as it's using the eFests resources, albeit for a brief time.

Edit: or use a Google group?

Edited by carlosj