A couple of questions

Hey, I've been to Glastonbury a few times and Leeds festival before for the weekend so I know all about how festivals work but never V-Fest. I've just got a day ticket so I was wondering: 

1) I know you can have your own alcohol in the camping areas but obviously I won't be camping. Is there an area we can drink our own alcohol before we go into the main music areas? £5ish for a pint will be a pain from sober! Also don't particularly want to drink on the train on the way...

2) How many stages are there? Is it just the main stage and the dance tent?

Hiya. Yep there's plenty of areas you can have a drink before going through the security check into the arena plus have always sneeked in a couple of bottles of Whiskey and coke cunningly discissed in coke bottles!! ( be aware that on the V website it says you can take a 1 litre bottle of soft drink into arena but when you get there you can only take a 500ml in so mix it strong).

Normally Virgin media stage, MTV stage, Arena stage, Futures stage, Comedy stage and dance tent but think with the amount of dance acts their changing it this year. Maybe Virgin, MTV, Dance & Comedy stages?

Hope this helps.☺

Edited by Stu the drunken

On 18 April 2016 at 1:26 PM, Stu the drunken said:

Hiya. Yep there's plenty of areas you can have a drink before going through the security check into the arena plus have always sneeked in a couple of bottles of Whiskey and coke cunningly discissed in coke bottles!! ( be aware that on the V website it says you can take a 1 litre bottle of soft drink into arena but when you get there you can only take a 500ml in so mix it strong).

Normally Virgin media stage, MTV stage, Arena stage, Futures stage, Comedy stage and dance tent but think with the amount of dance acts their changing it this year. Maybe Virgin, MTV, Dance & Comedy stages?

Hope this helps.☺

Thanks! :)

Also... From people's experience, can anyone tell me whether it's likely that many more acts will be announced now or is that pretty much it? If so, then are there likely to be any significant acts? I was hoping for The 1975 but I guess that's highly unlikely now!

• 2 weeks later...