Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

Got my shifts through: 

Wednesday 7:30pm til 3:30am (Front Tipi Bar) 

Sunday 9pm til 5am (Funkingham Palace Tunnel Bar).  So first evening and last evening mixing cocktails in the Rabbit Hole.

Which means if I do make it to the meet, I'll have to have left by about 6:30 or so and therefore if I'm still busy beforehand, I may just miss the whole thing.  Pity coz the last 5 or so that I've made it to have been really nice.

So if anyone was particularly looking forward to meeting me, come find me out during those above times.  I'll be the one dressed as a Flashing Frog Footman

xx

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

So Thu - Sat off? Thought you got less free time than that for some reason, Ian. 

That's 16 hours official work.  Over the years I've done between 10 to 50 extra hours work (coz I love it).

Done over 50 hours so far at home during the last 6 weeks and am onsite with the build Mon, Tues and Wed.  Plus de-rig post festival on Mon & Tues.  Working as a runner / errand boy / driver Thurs - Sun I expect. 

Won't know this years actual number of hours worked until the end of June.

You're all very welcome.

• Upvote 1

Having lurked at one meet and lost my bottle, then actually got stuck in at the 2014 one (2015 was a - rightly - hardwork Glastonbury looking after a preggars Mrs Woffy), I'm genuinely gutted I'm not getting to the 2016 shindig. Only on site Friday to Monday...we can't leave mini-Woffy too long.

2014 Meet was ace:

Met and chatted to:

@Brave Sir Robin ["God, my phone buzzed CONSTANTLY with Spotify playlist updates!" "Uh, you can turn notifications off you know" *verbal bitchslap*]...

@Gnomicide - pre-Thingy...ohhhh, how I bet fame has changed him ;-) ...

and Neil / @eFestivals(without wishing to get all bumlicky, fascinating gentleman...may be forthcoming with a forthright opinion ;-) 

Gutted as WLTM:

@ian the worm

@The Nal

@Mardy

@CaledonianGonzo

@GETOFFAMYLAWN

@Hugh Jass

@slugsworth

I'm gonna seek @Scruffylovemonster out whether he likes it or not.

Apologies to anyone I've missed. I shall forever love @Yoghurt on a Stick and the NFRNFC crew.

MWAH. x

Edited by Woffy
CalGon esp. For causing my lolling uncontrollably at the ThunderThumb conversation one Sunday morning.
  • Upvote 1

Instead of having to wear one of them 'hello my name is' stickers I will wear one of my Watford shirts as that's my avatar - either bright yellow home shirt or vertical stripes black and white away shirt - not sure if people will wear/bring the stickers but I will likely be too mullered to even remember how to spell my username anyhow what with this being the first time since '10 we have been able to get there on the Wednesday :P

looking forward to sharing a cheeky toke/cider/Guinness with you all. Will likely have at least my girlfriend with me and she doesn't post here - are outsiders allowed? Haha 

I like to imagine that CalGon is a shade under 5 feet tall, with a terrible ginger combover and a built up shoe, dressing exclusively in pale grey shirts with tie and tank top, with an angry look perpetually visible through his inch thick NHS framed lenses.  Anything less would be a disappointment.

My experience of last year's meet was that the people behind the posts are far more normal than my over active imagination suggests.