2016 Secret Resales - Whatsapp Group

T-Mouse

I don't seem to be in T Mouse's group 2 - I asked just too late for group 1 so it was a while ago.  I have DM'd him but no change so far.  T Mouse, can you let me know if there's a problem?  I have lots of notifications set and friends looking out as well - I'm sure my efforts are nothing like as pro as T Mouse, city boy, siblin etc, but would really like to help the group.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I hope to open my own system up for people to use later today - I'll post details here when it's live. :)

You're all fabulous! I'm just sad I'm not tech savvy and on all of this too to help others! 

wayhey, I've finally got my monitoring system sorted enough to let the public loose on it. :D

First things first: it's a paid-for service, because it sends you instant texts to your mobile (as well as emails), and the texts aren't free. So it costs £5 for one month membership (a non-recurring payment), where the membership includes 40 'credits' (one credit used each time you're alerted to a changed page by both text & email).  You can buy extra alert credits if needed at £1 for 10, tho 40 will probably cover most needs. Any profits made from it will be put towards the costs of sustaining efestivals.

In testing it's worked very well - faster than the other systems people are using (about a minute faster than the next-best). I can't guarantee it will remain as fast with more users on the system, but the text alerts should always be very very fast even if the email alerts slow down.

It's priced at around the same as some of the apps people are using, and does more than the email-only solutions. I can't guarantee this will be the first to alert you to a changed page, but I can guarantee it'll be the early birds who get the worms.

Feel free to check it out if you wish.

http://checkpage.co.uk

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

wayhey, I've finally got my monitoring system sorted enough to let the public loose on it. :D

First things first: it's a paid-for service, because it sends you instant texts to your mobile (as well as emails), and the texts aren't free. So it costs £5 for one month membership (a non-recurring payment), where the membership includes 40 'credits' (one credit used each time you're alerted to a changed page by both text & email).  You can buy extra alert credits if needed at £1 for 10, tho 40 will probably cover most needs. Any profits made from it will be put towards the costs of sustaining efestivals.

In testing it's worked very well - faster than the other systems people are using (about a minute faster than the next-best). I can't guarantee it will remain as fast with more users on the system, but the text alerts should always be very very fast even if the email alerts slow down.

It's priced at around the same as some of the apps people are using, and does more than the email-only solutions. I can't guarantee this will be the first to alert you to a changed page, but I can guarantee it'll be the early birds who get the worms.

Feel free to check it out if you wish.

http://checkpage.co.uk

Done and done! 

Looks good Neil. Signed up and if it helps me get a ticket next week it will be the best £5 I've ever spent. Along with the money I spend buying you & T-Mouse beer/cider/lager/cocktails!! 

Edited by Bosslar

1 minute ago, liambarton said:

Cheers Neil also signed up.

Which of the top two links would you consider most likely to change first just out of intrest?

they both seem to change occasionally, I've not noticed if one always get the same update first tho - perhaps someone else has spotted a pattern....?

I'm not sure which pages you're monitoring, but I just checked my emails from Siblin from last year's sale and the emails from the monitored pages all arrived in the same minute. It might be reasonable to suggest that all the pages changed at the same time.

Hi,

Is there any way to be added to a whatsapp group? None of my inboxes to Tmouse went through but have sent a couple of emails over the last few weeks. Is there anything else I could do? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, brob said:

Hi,

Is there any way to be added to a whatsapp group? None of my inboxes to Tmouse went through but have sent a couple of emails over the last few weeks. Is there anything else I could do? :unsure:

Ill get u added tonight. That goes for all people still waiting. Ive a feeling resales could be this week.

Please can everyone try to keep quiet in the groups. Its become tiresome having people message irrelevant stuff. Being woken at 6am with a message "have they been on sale yet" is a bit silly. Please all i know ots desperate times but keep chat away from the groups. Im fairly confident the people who continually chat are not apart of this forum and theyre people whove just cottoned on on FB and dont know how this works. Either way please please keep chat away from the groups.