2016 Secret Resales - Whatsapp Group

T-Mouse

Clearly won't be enough tickets for the ever growing list of requests - a large proportion of which are brand new members with no posting history - word of mouth from FB no doubt. Hopefully, the Eavis' will respond by arranging a secret 'secret resale'. I doubt it. Sign of the times - there are no secrets in the modern world. (Tongue in cheek rant over). 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Clearly won't be enough tickets for the ever growing list of requests - a large proportion of which are brand new members with no posting history - word of mouth from FB no doubt. Hopefully, the Eavis' will respond by arranging a secret 'secret resale'. I doubt it. Sign of the times - there are no secrets in the modern world. (Tongue in cheek rant over). 

I'm one of those lurkers on efestivals probably since my first festival in 2009 who's been to the festival for years but never needed the secret resale ( although knew about it). There are posts on Facebook and Twitter about them this year that I've noticed though, seems people are just more clued up this year. 

12 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I'm one of those lurkers on efestivals probably since my first festival in 2009 who's been to the festival for years but never needed the secret resale ( although knew about it). There are posts on Facebook and Twitter about them this year that I've noticed though, seems people are just more clued up this year. 

Yep - it's the kind of thing social media was made for. Levels the playing field. There just seems to be a lot higher demand for tickets this year - quite mainstream headliners.

Is it too late to be added??? My friend and I only have one ticket between us - so desperate as currently going on my own... And it's my BIRTHDAY !!!

I have visual ping and distill set up and will be fully involved helping!!  I'm not massively tech savvy - what do I do from here??  

17 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

Yeah not so secret anymore!

Kudos to the new members joining and all are welcome, however, frustrations will arise with those only posting to get onto ticket groups only never to post again until this time next year. Hopefully everyone will be happy with the resale, myself included!

1 hour ago, stopwn1981 said:

Out of interest how many now in the groups in total?

1st groups full so 256 people. Ive got about 100 people waiting to be put in to group 2.

This years step up in awareness was inevitable. A mix of a hugely popular and commercial set of headliners (to the general public, not neccessarily on this forum) and general word of mouth is no doubt the main reason. 

Edited by T-Mouse

54 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

1st groups full so 256 people. Ive got about 100 people waiting to be put in to group 2.

This years step up in awareness was inevitable. A mix of a hugely popular and commercial set of headliners (to the general public, not neccessarily on this forum) and general word of mouth is no doubt the main reason. 

I'm only trying for a friend as lucky to get my tickets in October, but T-Mouse are you intending to add people infinitely between now and secret resale or are you calling it a day at 2 groups? It's shaping up to be harder than previous 2 sales...

3 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Do you remember how many people were in the Whatsapp group last year? It still seems like that with this, you have a big chance.

2 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

I'm only trying for a friend as lucky to get my tickets in October, but T-Mouse are you intending to add people infinitely between now and secret resale or are you calling it a day at 2 groups? It's shaping up to be harder than previous 2 sales...

I don't think anyone should be left out. T-Mouse doesn't have to keep adding people in the sense that it's a lot of work for him but we shouldn't be trying to make it harder for anyone to get a ticket, we all deserve a shot, new or not. We call these "secret" resales but it's not like it was an efests only secret that got out, it's just that having a community behind you helped which is why so many efester's got tickets in the past. If 100 extra people come here for the resales and the community gets 10 extra long term members as a result of the inclusiveness and friendliness of everybody here then surely thats what matters?

2 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

I sincerely doubt it will break 2 groups but if it does i wont be reluctant to add people into a third. Like i said though i reckon thatll be very unlikely with the rate things have dropped off.

22 minutes ago, Adamon said:

I don't think anyone should be left out. T-Mouse doesn't have to keep adding people in the sense that it's a lot of work for him but we shouldn't be trying to make it harder for anyone to get a ticket, we all deserve a shot, new or not. We call these "secret" resales but it's not like it was an efests only secret that got out, it's just that having a community behind you helped which is why so many efester's got tickets in the past. If 100 extra people come here for the resales and the community gets 10 extra long term members as a result of the inclusiveness and friendliness of everybody here then surely thats what matters?

And plus at the end of the day, it is down to luck, so even if you are in a Whatsapp group and get notified immediately, doesn't guarantee a ticket. Everyone should have a fair pop at it I think

1 hour ago, Minky-Monkey said:

Do you remember how many people were in the Whatsapp group last year? It still seems like that with this, you have a big chance.

Chris was running the group last year and I don't recall seeing him about recently. I don't know how many people were in it but it wasn't full.

Edit: Just counted and 89 people left that group, though that wasn't necessarily everyone.

Edited by musky

You probably have as much luck with the secret sales as you do with entering the competitions run to win tickets right? These last 3-4 days alone there are been around 30 pairs of tickets to be won from various sources. There will probably be even more competitions floating around in May and the few weeks before the festival. It's not impossible. In 2014 I won hospitality tickets with Radio 1xtra. Good luck everyone! Ps. I don't have tickets (yet) I'm trying to win them!

Hi T-Mouse!!

I've emailed you.... Hope you got it.. 

I'm not working the week after the 6th so will be glued to my computer and would love to be involved in this group!! 

Beyond desperate for one ticket!! The search has taken over my life lol 

23 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

Not sure why that deserved a down vote but I've up voted just to even things out :)

On 18 April 2016 at 9:16 AM, T-Mouse said:

Ok i mentioned this the other day. Firstly i cant rememeber who did this last year, but they were the reason i was successful in the Secret Resales. Whoever you are, thank you again. Me and countless others owe you a debt of gratitude. 

This year im still needing 2 tickets for friends so will be trying my hand in these (not so) secret resales. I want to give back to those who helped me last year and set up this years group. 

The way it worked last year was having everyone message their numbers privately. People would be added to the group but the group would remain completely inactive untilI tickets went on sale.

I have page trackers set up but this may be where it differs from last year. I cannot be certain ill see the trackmypage emails in time. Please if you would like to be added in to the group, pm me your mobile number and i will add you in.

I must then ask that for those being added in, if u see that tickets have gone up and no message has been sent to the group, quickly do so. This is the only condition of entry. We are all in this together.

I will add all the numbers to the group at the end of each day when i have finished work. If interested please begin PM'ing me your mobile numbers.

Good luck everyone :)

UPDATE: its possible my inbox on efests is maxed. If you cant send me ur numbers that way, please send them to secretresales2016@hotmail.com. ill pick them up there.

Hi mate! 

Please add me to the whatsapp chat, I'm despirate for a ticket! 

Would appreciate it so much! 07875042762.

Thanks,

Chris