2016 Secret Resales - Whatsapp Group

T-Mouse

9 minutes ago, mirupuu said:

thanks for the tip! how do you do this? Is it a feature of the twitter app?

Also, another silly question but I don't seem to receive email from distill despite the setting set. How can I do this please?

If you go to the twitter web page there's an option to turn on email notifications for a particular person you're following.

I signed up for Distill and they sent me a confirmation email straight away.  Have you checked your trash folder.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, theDandy said:

this is making me very nervous

There won't be a sale before the refund deadline,  there's absolutely no point.  There will be all sorts of spurious activity on the ticket site as they prepare for the sale, and this changes in the days/hours running up to the sale. Also it's extremely unlikely to be outside 9-5 weekdays as See wouldn't want to allocate the extra resources.  I've been there and it is nerve-shredding,  but stressing now won't help your chances in May.  Try to stay calm and... breathe 

5 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Ok i mentioned this the other day. Firstly i cant rememeber who did this last year, but they were the reason i was successful in the Secret Resales. Whoever you are, thank you again. Me and countless others owe you a debt of gratitude. 

This year im still needing 2 tickets for friends so will be trying my hand in these (not so) secret resales. I want to give back to those who helped me last year and set up this years group. 

Hi T-Mouse, absolutely stellar work.  I'm pretty sure it was cityboy75 who set up the Whatsapp group last year, with Siblin page monitoring and sending email alerts.  I was able to get tickets by f5ing for a week and following their thread - I owe them my restored faith in the possibility of going back to the place I'd love to call home. Am very lucky to be sorted for this year but will be trying for others.  Once I've worked out what Whatsapp is I'll be back in touch!

2 hours ago, SteveTLizard said:

If you go to the twitter web page there's an option to turn on email notifications for a particular person you're following.

I signed up for Distill and they sent me a confirmation email straight away.  Have you checked your trash folder.

I haven't actually! I keep on forgetting to do that.. Thanks for the tip

9 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Ok i mentioned this the other day. Firstly i cant rememeber who did this last year, but they were the reason i was successful in the Secret Resales. Whoever you are, thank you again. Me and countless others owe you a debt of gratitude. 

This year im still needing 2 tickets for friends so will be trying my hand in these (not so) secret resales. I want to give back to those who helped me last year and set up this years group. 

The way it worked last year was having everyone message their numbers privately. People would be added to the group but the group would remain completely inactive untilI tickets went on sale.

I have page trackers set up but this may be where it differs from last year. I cannot be certain ill see the trackmypage emails in time. Please if you would like to be added in to the group, pm me your mobile number and i will add you in.

I must then ask that for those being added in, if u see that tickets have gone up and no message has been sent to the group, quickly do so. This is the only condition of entry. We are all in this together.

I will add all the numbers to the group at the end of each day when i have finished work. If interested please begin PM'ing me your mobile numbers.

Good luck everyone :)

UPDATE: its possible my inbox on efests is maxed. If you cant send me ur numbers that way, please send them to secretresales2016@hotmail.com. ill pick them up there.

Emailed you buddy thanks

I put this in the secret resales thread aswell but looks like there is 3 pages we need to be monitoring

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/addregistrations

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2016/worthy-farm/900001

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/

Now to figure out how I even page monitor, what site is best to use? I have safari on my Mac. 

8 hours ago, Minky-Monkey said:

Yes that is what I meant, there is of course even a chance that there will be no secret sales.

I may be just doing a lot of straw-clutching for those still in need, but I've just received my application pack to use Spring Ground and one of the points is: "To apply you must have been successful in securing a ticket in one of the recent resales" - implying that there will be more than one!

The deadline for applications is May 6th, which is obv before the resale deadline. not sure whether this means there might be another resale before that date, or they'll reopen applications later... it did make me wonder, though!

I was thinking about an app that could sent you a push notification, or an automatic call or something. It would work even better if your phone would keep on buzzing. Gonna look into it.

Btw, please don't chat in the group chat, just got a heartattack.