Were you successful in the resale?

arcade fireman

Were you successful in the resale?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Were you successful in the resale?

• Yes, I got through
    • Yes, I didn't get through but one of my original booking party did
    • Yes, none of my party got through but someone from Efestivals/Facebook Glasto Chat etc got mine
    • No, I was unsuccessful this year

Original poll from the October sale here:

Was pretty well answered, so would be interesting to compare success rates in main sale vs resale. Same options as before...only caveat as there's a lot of people trying for other people..

If you got through for someone else who's not active on the forum, answer as if you got tickets for yourself.

If you got through for someone active on the forum, don't answer as it might distort results with duplication. 

Toughie this year. We had 10 people trying to get through from all over the country, and nobody got past a refresh page. Utter nonsense.

Big thanks to @OBface, @bennyhana22, @CHRLY, @GETOFFAMYLAWN and @Waapster for their generous offers to help out. Big up @Tuna for saying, "nah, we'll be fine, go help someone else!" You really feel the love here.

Secret resales it is... 

Seems just based anecdotally that people found it tougher this year. Don't think we've had a proper poll like this in previous years but I know received wisdom is that resales often aren't that much more difficult than main sale when fewer people trying is taken into account. Maybe the Adele factor really has made a difference...

8 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Seems just based anecdotally that people found it tougher this year. Don't think we've had a proper poll like this in previous years but I know received wisdom is that resales often aren't that much more difficult than main sale when fewer people trying is taken into account. Maybe the Adele factor really has made a difference...

I've never tried in the general resale before, but isn't it the same every year?

Trying for a friend this morning,  several trying from various parts of the country and didn't get passed the holding queue.    Also was trying for a different friend for coach tickets,  got to booking page to find out they had got them already. Win some lose some. 

4 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I've never tried in the general resale before, but isn't it the same every year?

I don't know I guess we have no way of knowing. It won't be the same every year. There'll be differing amounts of tickets available based on returns and differing amounts of people trying, which will be down to all sorts of factors (e.g. which bands get announced). 

8 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I don't know I guess we have no way of knowing. It won't be the same every year. There'll be differing amounts of tickets available based on returns and differing amounts of people trying, which will be down to all sorts of factors (e.g. which bands get announced). 

I've definitely had years before where several of us failed in the general sale and the resale, hence why there are quite a few folks here who have experience of secret resales.  I also had a year a couple of years back when instead of holding pages and queues I got error pages - the problem there being you're simply unsure what to try next.

The worst year ever was a long time back when I was trying solidly for 16 hours!  In the end someone else who had already got theirs got them for me, bless them :D

Well I failed spectacularly this morning. I had myself and 6 of my friends trying all over the country and none of us got a sniff. To make matters worse my phone gave me the blue screen of death five minutes before the resale started and now won't turn back on.

giphy.gif

It sucks but that's the luck of the draw. Despite all this I don't feel as emotionally wrought as I should do. I think it's maybe time to take a break from it all. Well either that, or obsess over the possibility of a secret resale, probably the later I'm guessing!

27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Toughie this year. We had 10 people trying to get through from all over the country, and nobody got past a refresh page. Utter nonsense.

Big thanks to @OBface, @bennyhana22, @CHRLY, @GETOFFAMYLAWN and @Waapster for their generous offers to help out. Big up @Tuna for saying, "nah, we'll be fine, go help someone else!" You really feel the love here.

Secret resales it is... 

Tuna ya big daftie. Big respect for keeping the faith tho. Don't know much about the secret resales but best of luck to you man.

Sorry to bring anybody down who was unsuccessful, but I've just been texted by a mate who wan't coming this year as he couldn't afford it. His brother took a sly gamble on the sale this morning and got him a belated birthday surprise ticket! Great news for our group.

Could have maybe added another option for people that managed to get a ticket for another efester in awe the ticket holder doesn't see this thread. I managed to get mine through the sheer determination of @muffpuffin thanks also to @HattersBoy, @Ray Sheep, @thenavyone, @GETOFFAMYLAWN and @Oldredeyes for their help this morning. Really sorry for all those that missed out this time round but fingers crossed for the mini Re-sales.

we had 9 to get in resales, got 8 of them the in the coach sales ( I personally got 2 of these) and I bagged the last one we need to get this morning.

It's really luck of the draw and I'm please all our crew got their tickets but wishing luck to anyone who didn't get their tickets, there is still hope !!

Had 14 people trying for 6. No one had a sniff of the booking page except me who used the link on here to get to the registration page and that was as far as I could go. Same on Thursday.

Secret sales it is then. Have never failed to get the ones we need then, but its the uncertainly that's the killer.

I am of course gutted for anyone who doesn't get tickets but I have far more sympathy for those who accept it with grace (all present company very much included in that). I've seen some pretty vile self entitled ass-hattery over on FB et al. Vulgar individuals thinking the world is owed them. They won't be missed.

You stay classy efests, it's much more becoming! :)