The dreams have started

JamieKThomas

This year will be my first ever Glasto, and after watching several videos of people walking across the site, and several compilation videos I had my first Glasto dream last night. It was the most vivid and real dream I think I've ever had. I can remember drinking ale in the boiling hot sun, walking across the site with the most content and amazing feeling ever. Ever when my alarm went off, every time I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep the dream carried on. This has got me excited beyond belief. 

Anyone else started having dreams yet? 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glasto dreams are ace. I've had loads of late, while waiting for the resale, one involving me and my pal being snuck in by my cousin in a scooby doo van.

enjoy your first time at the farm. It's everything and more than you'll expect.

see you there

3 minutes ago, Perks said:

one involving me and my pal being snuck in by my cousin in a scooby doo van.

Not sure what Freud would say but I'd say that was a wet dream. I mean, what better way is there to be transported in to Glastonbury?

As an aside, I know the dream that you speak of. During this week a bloke put a gun to my head in a dream and then proceeded to pull the trigger. The net effect that it had was that he actually did blow my head off. Fortunately for me I was in a state of utter contentment. That said, in physical reality it transpired that when my head was blown off, I fell on to the timber floor next to my bed, with no means of consciously controlling my limbs. So, I hit the deck like a bag of bones. I guess this is the price that one has to pay for having a totally false Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle persona.

• 6 months later...

Another Glastonbury dream last night.

Myself and my partner turned up on the Wednesday morning with just a tent and little else.

I told her she could not camp with me and she had to find her own things to do during the festival.

She turned up  4.30 am Monday morning coming out of the mist just as I was packing up.

When I asked her what she had been up to she said "I have just been wondering around all weekend waiting for Monday morning "

On 16 April 2016 at 6:34 PM, Joshuwarr said:

My Glasto dreams always involve something going wrong like not getting tickets or missing my transport there :(

I can relate to this!! Last year I kept dreaming I left someone behind!! But not realising until I was I in the queue!! 

My dreams will start when I get tickets in the resale. Mine are always nightmares rather than dreams, usually along the theme of going there but spending all weekend trying to find something or someone and missing the whole festival before I realise whats going on.

Always having the nightmare when you turn up at Glastonbury in your work clothes and absolutely nothing else with you because you've not packed or w/e. Also the one where you wake up and the Sunday headliner had just finished and you've slept right through to the end of June and missed the whole bastard festival.

I'd consider it a personal favour if somebody could pyshcoanalyise me and solve all my problems from that.

There's a lot of cigars around, if that helps.

On 16/04/2016 at 5:35 PM, JamieKThomas said:

This year will be my first ever Glasto, and after watching several videos of people walking across the site, and several compilation videos I had my first Glasto dream last night. It was the most vivid and real dream I think I've ever had. I can remember drinking ale in the boiling hot sun, walking across the site with the most content and amazing feeling ever. Ever when my alarm went off, every time I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep the dream carried on. This has got me excited beyond belief. 

Anyone else started having dreams yet? 

Wait till after you've been, vivid Glastonbury dreams for about 2-3 weeks after the festival, really vivid ! 

I had my first pre 2017 dream last night, awesome stuff it was 

My Glastonbury dreams are always shit. 

Everything goes wrong!

Had one the other day, I won't go into too much detail as dreams are never coherent when you try to describe them to other people,but the dream involved missing 95% of the festival. Woke up still feeling absolutely gutted.

Luckily the three times i've been in reality i've had an amazing time, and I imagine I will do in 2017!

10 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

My professional opinion is that it means you are a worrier and a fool. I prescribe repeated listens of Alligator and Boxer to take you out of this turmoil.

So Alligator by Tegan & Sarah and The Boxer by Simon & Garfunkel, are you saying pop duos are the answer to all my woes?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 0:41 AM, Tyonks said:

My Glastonbury dreams are always shit. 

Everything goes wrong!

Had one the other day, I won't go into too much detail as dreams are never coherent when you try to describe them to other people,but the dream involved missing 95% of the festival. Woke up still feeling absolutely gutted.

Luckily the three times i've been in reality i've had an amazing time, and I imagine I will do in 2017!

This is my recurring dream too, me and all my mates waking up on Sunday evening in the tent, having missed most of the festival. Me being eager to go and make the most of what's left of it (usually an amazing headliner), and the rest being like "fuck it, we've missed this much, may as well stay in the tent tonight" Morons.

If you think that's vivid wait till the dreams you have when you get back home :/ I've had a nuclear bomb land on Glasto, dropped by secret jets which can go transparent. Melted everyone to the floor and sky was dark red. Horrible! I was on the hill by the sign, it was basically real, I could literally smell the grass and see every detail until this jet came over. Slowly woke up but couldn't move a muscle as I was stuck to my bed. Sleep deprivation and hitting very, very hard for 5 days takes its toll. I find the bizarre dreams pretty fascinating!

Had a dream the other night that me and my group were all at Radiohead. But it wasn't at the Pyramid but somewhere like Croissant Neuf, one of the smaller tents. Then they came out, did Reach by S Club 7 including Thom Yorke dancing, then just walked off stage to rapturous applause, and everyone went home.

Only 7 or so months to go.....