Richard Ashcroft

White Bear

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

You would normally say someone of his statue with his Verve tunes as well would be 4th down on the other but the second slot after James is quite a big slot now and has been someone fairly well known over the last few years

This is true it's been The Hives, Blondie & Frank Turner on the last 3 occasions..

6 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Hmm you could be right actually.. I might of been The Cribs before Frank Turner, they were certainly the 2 acts on after Charlatans

The Cribs were after The Charlatans last year. Frank was second act on Other on Saturday

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

From the little I've seen she doesn't really mince words herself. Are you sure that his willie is big enough?

No idea mate. 

To be fair I would probably watch him if he was there, although I want to watch Chvrches. Problem is I can't see my mate wanting to watch either of them (nor Richard Ashcroft unfortunately). I have said that I am watching New Order no matter what, but I could end up anywhere for the rest of the festival.

i'm not at all interested in his solo work, but those four or so Verve songs he'd undoubtedly play could sway me to catch him if there's nothing else on. after James would be good as there's unlikely to be anything major on that early, but could also see him being about fourth down

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i'm not at all interested in his solo work, but those four or so Verve songs he'd undoubtedly play could sway me to catch him if there's nothing else on. after James would be good as there's unlikely to be anything major on that early, but could also see him being about fourth down

His new solo album is great. Nothing will get in the way of this, not even my must sees....and most of them will be Other stage this year so they can't clash. I feel TLSP option is slipping but their new stuff is astrocious anyway.

6 hours ago, White Bear said:

JP headline set would have been unreal, he's there none the less though so happy enough!

This will no doubt be the highlight of Glastonbury 2016.

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

You're easily pleased :P

He doesn't have to be, it sounds amazing!

The more I think the more playing after James makes a lot of sense. He may well want to enjoy the rest of the day/fest in general without being tied to a slot and that slot is longer than the standard hour of time.