Vegan eats at Glasto

cazzatron

Hey, have a great time at your first Glastonbury! There are so many vegan and vegetarian places to get food :)Mostly away from the main areas around the Pyramid and Other Stages. I always get veggie food from the friendly Bhuddahs. it's free, (though donations can be given), is very tasty and I think is vegan too but not too sure on that. In the Greenfields there is a lovely big van where 'veggies' lives. They do really good vegan/vegetarian fast foods. I am forgetting loads of vegan places but I know others on here will know them. But basically, you will be spoilt for choice :)

Manic Organic in the Greenpeace area (just off the railway track before Avalon) - very, very tasty, it's vegetarian and more than likely vegan too, I'm not too sure but some friendly folk on here would be able to help you on that

Enjoy the fest! I'm jealous you get to experience it for the first time :)

25 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

No Bones Jones is all you need. 

Between West Holts and The Pyramid.

http://www.nobonesjones.co.uk/phone/our-food.html

In all my years of going to Glastonbury, I have never tried No Bones Jones. Just had a look at their website and this year I am definitely going to have some. Looks well tasty!

59 minutes ago, sime said:

Hey, have a great time at your first Glastonbury! There are so many vegan and vegetarian places to get food :)Mostly away from the main areas around the Pyramid and Other Stages. I always get veggie food from the friendly Bhuddahs. it's free, (though donations can be given), is very tasty and I think is vegan too but not too sure on that. In the Greenfields there is a lovely big van where 'veggies' lives. They do really good vegan/vegetarian fast foods. I am forgetting loads of vegan places but I know others on here will know them. But basically, you will be spoilt for choice :)

where abouts are the friendly Buddahs?

20 minutes ago, theDandy said:

where abouts are the friendly Buddahs?

If you turn left by the Leftfield Stage, the friendly Buddahs are down that strip on the right hand side. They are in a big yellow and blue marquee :)

Thali Cafe and Buddhafields (kind of opposite each other near Croissant Neuf) are both great. Everywhere in the Greenfields is veggie and almost everywhere there has vegan options. Manic Organic is lovely too, but the queues can be mammoth. On the path between Greenpeace and Avalon is a pizza yurt which does veggie pizzas, and they make a vegan option (with tahini). 

As previously mentioned, the 'friendly Buddhas' are the Hare Krishas - they serve free food but donations are appreciated if you can afford to give. 

6 minutes ago, ooh-ahh said:

which direction you coming from?

Stand with your back to the West Holts stage. Walk straight on towards Leftfield (past the toilets). The Hare Krishnas are on the left.*

*unless they've moved them again. They used to be near the Glade. 

8 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Stand with your back to the West Holts stage. Walk straight on towards Leftfield (past the toilets). The Hare Krishnas are on the left.*

*unless they've moved them again. They used to be near the Glade. 

Nice one pie. Always fancied giving these a go and donation but have never spotted them.

Another vote for No Bones Jones!

I volunteered at the festival last year, and they were one of the places open on the Tuesday before the gates opened. Had the bowl of assorted food they do, and it was a taste party in my mouth! Ended up randomly meeting their staff again later and shared some drinks. :)

(Full disclosure: I'm full of Glastonbury beans today, need that ticket on Sunday!!!)